• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You only see a fraction of it here. He posts all kinds of stuff on the internal web board. It's a violation of a member's trust to post emails publicly that you received from them in your position as a union rep. Not to mention that most of what he posts nowadays could be damaging to the MEC's efforts to protect the membership.

Funny, you going after your buddies, Big Sis and Slick too for posting a recording of closed door meetings?

Nothing personal PCL. Just "big picture" observation of your situation from the viewpoint of a guy with 27 years in the business.

Good luck in your non airline endeavors. We should all be so lucky to have something to fall back on.

My guess he will get tired of selling double-wides with Dad in Newnan and hope, beg or pay(again) for a job with an ALPA carrier.

My 22 years in aviation applauds PCL - way too many in our ranks chasing the carrot and losing their sense of drive and life priorities -
My advice- this career can always go away in a heartbeat. NEVER lose confidence that you can do something else and be well off.
CHOOSE this career. Don't be trapped by it

Pilots are full of BS. Age 65 was awesome because it exposed every guy who said "65 hell no, I might work to 62 for Medicare to kick in but I'm ready to be done right now"... Or some flavor of that BS.

Lear 70 went a long way to getting AIP 1 shot down and proceeded to peddle AirTran BS on this website. It went something like this.
1. I'll hang on to AAI until the end. Money isn't important.
2. QOL is my bag, I work one or two trips a month, all PUJ 36 hour overnights, so I can enjoy the beach, cocktails, and most importantly get my workouts in.

Here is a sample:

"I'm here to work my 70-80 block hours a month, 840-960 hours per year (before vacation). The question is HOW HARD do I have to work to make that time. Here I can do it in 2-3 legs per day flying longer legs to fun destinations with long overnights. There... not so much.

Everyone on here was saying how EASY it was to get rid of your trips at Southwest, to trip improve, to pick up premium time, how much better our Quality of Life would be over there... unfortunately, it's not true, not for our F/O's anyway. People at my seniority over at SWA are working EVERY weekend, EVERY holiday, can't get rid of their trips, never get premium time because senior people snag it, etc, etc. And those are from guys who were all RAH RAH SOUTHWEST at the MEC meetings before the votes and couldn't get there fast enough.

They like the company (Southwest). They hate their Quality of Life compared to what it was at AirTran.

Therefore I'll hang out here until I'm forced across the partition, that's all. Not angry about it, but it's a simple fact, our Quality of Life and trip trading/dropping system is superior to yours due to the lack of ability to straight drop back to the company or trade trips without some imaginary threshold of minimum duty days we "owe" the company. "

So you can imagine my shock when SWA changed the rules and opened ground school to everyone... Number 1 on the list is Lear 70. Thanks for fighting hard to make sure we have half pay to the last day while jumping on the first train to Dallas and diving head first into that SWA cheddar!

Good luck! See you in 2015.

Lear spent hundreds of hours as an unpaid volunteer member at both the former NPA and at ATN71. While you may not agree with him (or PCL128) he volunteered his time to help his fellow pilots; what did YOU do to help accomplish anything for our pilot group?

Starting this string was an absolutely chickenshh!t thing to do. If you think it is "OK" to try to "out" your former coworkers as they transition, start first by putting your own name on it.

There are clear SWA rules about what you are doing (consult your handbook) and also Federal laws against actions resulting in a hostile workplace. You do know that the webmaster of this board will give up your info if required, right? It's very simple to obtain this type of court order; happens thousands of times a day.

Cheers,
Ty

Last edited:
You guys really do have a neurotic union don't you

I agree about outing

But there won't be a hostile work environment for anyone- I've seen a few from both sides try to do that and they get called out as d-bags pretty quick-
It is what it is- and most realize it'll take some patience to see how this place actually is-

Now if you get an all FI crew....? YMMV
;)

Wow, I'm gone for almost half a year and look what happens! I'm flattered that you still think about me from time to time, it's very sweet Crash Pad. We should get together sometime, maybe coffee? Even dinner? I'm a cheap date. ;)

*chuckle* You guys have WAY too much time on your hands. One of our guys called me and mentioned the fun you were having on here today, thanks for the shout-out (call-out).

PCL is right, however, about bypassing for about half a year now. When the first MCO bid came out last November for a January class, I deferred, and did again each bid that came out until now. I had planned to stick around flying my Int'l trips 'til the end, but we got a look at the Sep ATL lines (and thereafter) after the summer flying dies off, combined with the departure of SJU from our schedule completely as SWA takes it over, combined with de-hubbing ATL. What you will see is the 737 flying much more traditional SWA pairings, with the added bonus of a lot of 4-days, uncommutable on both sides, 3-4 legs a day to short overnights, and I wouldn't be bidding senior enough in ATL (there's about 20-30 senior 737 F/O's hanging on at the top) to continue holding my Int'l trips consistently.

So fly a lot and make AirTran money? Or fly a lot and make SWA money? Pretty easy decision, and I'm over the angst, just want to fly my trips, have a good time, and go home. The up-side? No more union work. Ever. Again. Which evidently should make people on both sides clearly happy. Why do things for thankless people?

As for what Max said about what happened when? Who cares? It's over. I've said everything that needs saying about it, it's not worth hashing over anymore, and who the hell REALLY wants to get into all that? AGAIN.

Gotta go see if the Egg is ready for the corn yet, just got back from swimming with my son, wife just came home from work, got bought off my trip this week for my first time ever at AirTran, and bid my one line for next month, 24 hr AUA, 24 hr PUJ, 24 hr PUJ, 24 hr AUA, 18 days off, weekends off, life is good. It's my last month of having a cush schedule for probably the remainder of my 40's, so I'm gonna soak it up and prepare for Dallas in August. Maybe I'll make a Youtube video of cooking an egg in the SWA parking lot... on the asphalt. ;)

Oh, and Crashpad, if you ever want to get a beer and tongue lash me for SIA stuff, you have my number. Cheers, and fly safe out there fellas (and ladies)!

Fair enough

Thread closed

(Bc that always works so well)

Latest resources

Back