• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you post those emails. It would be nice to see them.

I agree. Several of us are considering Article VIII charges to have him expelled from the union, and him posting private emails that he received in the course of doing his union duties would make it easier.

First chance? He's been bypassing for months.

Sorry, but you won't get that opportunity for me. For the same reasons that Lear is transitioning early, I'm looking at the possibility of resigning around the November timeframe, earlier than I had originally planned. With the "de-hubbing" of Atlanta that they've announced for this fall, the schedules just aren't going to be my cup of tea. Whether I resign early just depends on whether we have enough staffing to be able to drop most of my schedule every month. If we don't, then I'll have to hang it up before the end of the year. If staffing allows me to drop most of my schedule, then I'll probably stay until I can use next year's vacation in the first few months of the year, then I'll be gone. Either way, there won't ever be a transition class for me. Sorry to disappoint you.

Hallelujah!!!

Best news since the acquisition was announced!

See ya PCL 128!!!! Happy trails. :bawling: I can't wait to read the book! When do you think its coming out?

I agree. Several of us are considering Article VIII charges to have him expelled from the union, and him posting private emails that he received in the course of doing his union duties would make it easier.

What is so damaging in the emails that jusifies expelling him from the union? In all honesty, just curious. Wouldnt it be a privacy violation of Gary Kelly or am I confused?

Sorry, but you won't get that opportunity for me. For the same reasons that Lear is transitioning early, I'm looking at the possibility of resigning around the November timeframe, earlier than I had originally planned. With the "de-hubbing" of Atlanta that they've announced for this fall, the schedules just aren't going to be my cup of tea. Whether I resign early just depends on whether we have enough staffing to be able to drop most of my schedule every month. If we don't, then I'll have to hang it up before the end of the year. If staffing allows me to drop most of my schedule, then I'll probably stay until I can use next year's vacation in the first few months of the year, then I'll be gone. Either way, there won't ever be a transition class for me. Sorry to disappoint you.

So instead of retiring on the top of the SWA list, you are going to throw that away over your "principles?" Over your hurt little feelers? What a chump. I really hope you do it.

So instead of retiring on the top of the SWA list, you are going to throw that away over your "principles?" Over your hurt little feelers? What a chump. I really hope you do it.

Has nothing to do with principles and hurt "feelers." Has to do with not wanting to commute, especially to a west coast domicile. I had every intention of staying until the 717s were sold.

What is so damaging in the emails that jusifies expelling him from the union? In all honesty, just curious. Wouldnt it be a privacy violation of Gary Kelly or am I confused?

You only see a fraction of it here. He posts all kinds of stuff on the internal web board. It's a violation of a member's trust to post emails publicly that you received from them in your position as a union rep. Not to mention that most of what he posts nowadays could be damaging to the MEC's efforts to protect the membership.

Really?

Not that I care, but, you're gonna throw away a multi million dollar career with one of the most sought after jobs in aviation because it hasn't gone exactly the way you wanted it to?

You became an airline pilot for some reason. I realize that you're pretty young, but you should've known that career stability is not even in the definition of "Airline Pilot Career". Most of the time, the destabilizing changes are all negative (Furlough, Chapter 7 etc.).

Most folks (that aren't part of the FI "brain trust") would rate pre 9/27 AT career as vastly inferior career to one at SW. Funny how AT became the best job in the world POST 9/27.

It's not like you went from #1 widebody Capt at a major to a new hire in this deal. You went from a junior FO with a small airline, to a junior FO with a much larger, and far more desirable airline (in most, non FI pilot's eyes anyway) without as much as an interview.

Too bad you can't auction off your number. I'm sure that there would a long line of folks that would take it in a heartbeat.

Not that I care, but, you're gonna throw away a multi million dollar career with one of the most sought after jobs in aviation because it hasn't gone exactly the way you wanted it to?

No, not at all. As I said, I probably would have stayed if the 717s had been around, because I had protection in ATL with my seniority. So even though it was far from "exactly the way I wanted it," I was still planning to be around. I probably would have dropped a lot of flying, but I still would have been here. But with the prospect of not getting back to Atlanta for nearly a decade (assuming the base is even still here, then), it's just not worth it to me.

And about the "multi million dollar career," I make more money in my own business than I do flying airplanes now. So I'm not exactly going into poverty. :)

Most folks (that aren't part of the FI "brain trust") would rate pre 9/27 AT career as vastly inferior career to one at SW. Funny how AT became the best job in the world POST 9/27.

Yes, "most" people probably would have said that. But not everyone. I never applied to SWA. Never had any desire to work there. For me, AirTran was the best choice. Based at home with a great schedule and rapid seniority advancement. It was my #1 choice, and I was lucky enough to get it. And it was great while it lasted. But it's going away, and what it's being replaced with doesn't appeal to me. Don't take it personally. People just have different priorities.

Too bad you can't auction off your number. I'm sure that there would a long line of folks that would take it in a heartbeat.

That would be nice. :D

Nothing personal PCL. Just "big picture" observation of your situation from the viewpoint of a guy with 27 years in the business.

Good luck in your non airline endeavors. We should all be so lucky to have something to fall back on.

Latest resources

Back