good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
piaggiop180 said:
how long does it take to upgrade to left seat? get used to that right seat you are going to be there for a long, long time. All the while we will be earning more flying left seat. Oh wait can you set the localizer frequency for me

That made a whole lot of sense, what is it your Capts. are pulling in right now, 40K last I heard. I am doing better than that right now. Even if it takes 6 years to upgrade, I'll be content making 60K plus flying from the right seat 15 days a month, don't know how you all single pilot plane jockeys do it at Avantair, but the copilots do fly the plane at NetJets.

And once I do get in the left seat my salary will double again, what is it you're making over there again? LOL

piaggiop180 said:
What a bunch of tap dancing. Are the union dues not going somehere? All of a sudden you have no interest? It is OK for union ofiicials to get fat off of the hard earned wages of pilots? You know exactly what I am asking and we are smart enough to know why you won't answer the question.

What a bunch of crap.

EXCUSE ME?! I take back what I said about you having manners! I thought my wifely pride would make it plain to you where my interest lies! I had spelled it out for you quite plainly--my heart is with our L-O-C-A-L! There are some talented, dedicated pilots there working for the good of all NJ families. My family has made huge sacrifices so that my husband can donate time to 1108. I have NO interest in any of the politics involved. I trust the leadership of 1108 because I know many of them. I trust my husband's judgment in the matter. I trust the fact that over 2000 families are better off today than they were last year. If some of their dues went to the Teamsters-so be it! Most of the money remains in the Local and is well accounted for. I discuss the issues with my husband and the human interest side of things. I can assure you that we have heard no complaints, other than your own.

I take pride in my integrity. If I knew the salaries you are asking about, I would post them. I heard that Boisture made 1.2 Million last year. To me that is far more relevant. I know that many NJ pilots worked hard for HIS money. NJ pilots/spouses are wiling to pay their union dues/job security costs and consider it a good investment. I do believe that I know more about the inner workings of 1108 than many others here. They have come far in a short time. Let's give them credit--and a break!

Proud to belong to 1108,
Netjetwife

PS I believe that I have paid my "dues"! Do you wish to question that as well?

piaggiop180 said:
so ce750drvr what is all that money used for. It is so interesting to me that all of a sudden NetJet wife went away and we have the first year NetJet FO who doubled his salary and the union rep who works for free responding. The teamsters are good real good. Keep up the propaganda parade. Fast responses too a minute apart.

the card gains more dust

I took the time to make an intelligent post. Had you done likewise, yours would have made more sense. What are you asking?! I thought you were asking about the portion of the dues that 1108 turns over to the Teamsters. I see it as analogous to the money fast food restaurants pay to a franchise rather than go it alone. If you were asking what the NJ pilots make that serve as Volunteers, the answer is - -their salary as a NJ pilot and not a dime more! In fact, many of them, GAVE the Local money to get it on its feet--my family included. Next time you want to ask me a question-ASK IT- -and don't beat around the bush with your insulting insinuations.

piaggiop180 said:
I couldn't agree more. I know for a fact ss has been working with cm for over a month on salary and benefit increases and there is more to come. My card will gather dust while I wait and see what happens. Let's be vocal next week and see if the new owner responds. I also agree NJ Pilots stay off this site. We will handle this on our own. Sorry that the two pilots were fired but lets be real we all flew with them and they were the two most negative people I have ever meet.

SS has said one more than occasion, " F pilots, they're a dime a dozen." IVE HEARD THAT LINE COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH, NOT JUST ONCE BUT TWO OR THREE TIMES. If disagreeing with that kind of talk makes you negative, then I'm next in line to fired. This salary increase is another typical example of them moving only when they have to prevent a union or a mass exodus.

Didnt want to make this about the two guys that got fired again, but its been noted that CM and TC were strangly absent during this whole thing. Not a single phone call before or after. No words of advice or a friendly phone call to say " You know, we've worked together a long time and here's what being said about you two, can we talk about this?" Thanks, CM, guess we know whose campfire you've decided to stoke. Hope it was and will be worth it for you.

piaggiop180 said:
Sorry that the two pilots were fired but lets be real we all flew with them and they were the two most negative people I have ever meet.

Oh and one more thing. Since this new pay package was rolled out and promises of more to follow is all of a sudden " in the air " that would mean they know it was deserved. How would these two pilots talking about such issues, if they even were, make them negative? That would only mean they were discussing facts, which in essence mangagement is agreeing to by quickly trying to improve things. I'm glad improvements are being made- but that doesnt mean that events that have already transpired were right. But you have a right to your opinion. Somebody has to defend pilot salaries that are lower than a Burger King manager.

The Good Things

So........back to the original post....

What are the good things about the company for a prospective new hire?

New Pay?
Schedule?

rway36 there are alot of good things. You get to work for a growing company with alot of teamwork. Don't be fooled by the negative posts and the propaganda. 90 percent of the pilots here love their job at Avantair. We are seeking a pay raise and I bet we will get it. Yesterday co-pilot pay was increased, our perdiem was raised to 2 dollars per hour and overtime raised. We have the best pilot group I have ever been around. This company is on the right track and will be here for a long time. No worries about the doors closing. They just set a record for sales in their catagory. I think 4 or 5 planes this month.

It is funny but I have not heard of anyone quitting during my time here. In fact I have been here over a year and this is the first time I have heard of a pilot getting fired. Having flown with the two pilots in question and listened to some of the things they have said I was not surprised.

Don't believe the bs about the ceo making statements that pilots are a dime a dozen that was sent out to all pilots days ago with a union card. The union uses this tactic to make people get emotional so that they send in their card.
It didn't work I have talked to at least 10 pilots who say right thru it. It is a smart workforce here and we will all see success

Netjet wife. How can you not care about the union higher ups getting rich on that hard earned money. Yet you care so much about the higher ups at netjets getting rich. Maybe now that you are so happy with the new union deal you can concentrate your efforts and lowering the outragiously high union dues that the nj pilots pay.

If the NJ pilots are so happy why are they still on this board bitching all the time?

piaggiop180 said:
It is funny but I have not heard of anyone quitting during my time here. In fact I have been here over a year and this is the first time I have heard of a pilot getting fired.

Jeebus! You need to lay off the Kool-Aid that's stored in the Piaggio... it's obviously laced. Would you like a list of names?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back