good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
netjetwife said:
Jolimon, I must confess to having an emotional reaction to you posted, incorrect data based on an unfair biased against the NJ pilots' union-- Local 1108. I started my post with out finishing (reading) yours first, so I failed to see your expressed wish to an exclusive thread. :)

No deal. Jolimon butt in many times attacking NJ teamsters over the last year.

If you dont like what I say... just hit the ignore button buddy. In the mean time...

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED​

ilikecheese. We all know the names they tried last year too and are extremelly vocal. I bet management knows there names as well. If management was so worried they would have fired them when they fired the other two. Lets see what happens next week who knows maybe our salaries will get increased and we will be happy. I personally love flying for the company. It is exiting to watch it grow well the other fractionals are stuck in the mud.

I have to go fly now. Another great day flying the best aircraft in the industry

piaggiop180 said:
ilikecheese. We all know the names they tried last year too and are extremelly vocal. I bet management knows there names as well. If management was so worried they would have fired them when they fired the other two. Lets see what happens next week who knows maybe our salaries will get increased and we will be happy. I personally love flying for the company. It is exiting to watch it grow well the other fractionals are stuck in the mud.

I have to go fly now. Another great day flying the best aircraft in the industry

First you don't know of anybody getting fired. Now you know of a few from last year. Open your eyes. How many chief pilots have you had in the year you've been with the company? Did you think they all retired or something?

If you like working for them... good for you. But open your eyes to the shenanigans... it's not only limited to pilots.

Last edited:
Wow. What a sh!t storm we have here....

Well, it looks like some things are improving for the avantair team. It didn't come quietly.

Anyways, maybe things are turning for the better with the new owner. But when you finally do get your new payscale, don't runoff with it like a kid that got an A on a test. make sure you look at it with some bias. You've been working for very sub-par wages since the company's inception......years ago. Throw a cracker to someone starving in the desert and he'll love you for it, but it's still just a cracker.

Look at it and see what you'll be making in a few years and how long it'll take to get what you feel you're worth. Now compare that to CJ or NJA. Don't listen to the old BS "it's a turboprop", yea, faster than half of what CS has, 2 extra levers, no FADEC, and it's part 23. Read: ain't goin anywhere not cleaned up and you'll be busy doin it. In addition, I'll bet it's the squirliest MFer on the ground. That turboprop pay thing came from back in the kingair days.

The perdiem bump is nice, but aren't the CS guys making like 2.55-2.60 something like that. I've paid for my own food on the road with the old perdiem many times.....who can eat decent off of $37 a day?

Policy, policy, policy.....3-4 years and still not a vaca,sick,etc. policy?

What 5 CPs and 3-4 DOs in the past 1.5-2 years?

Hey, I know, they're tryin' and that's a good thing. I hope for the best for the pilots......and those that work hard in the office. But like someone said earlier, send in your cards, see what they come up with and if they still pull your chain with some "compromising" scale/schedule (like they have every other time) vote yes. if you're happy with it, vote no. That simple really.

Having flown with the two pilots in question and listened to some of the things they have said I was not surprised.

Both pilots were IOE captains so its very unlikely that you flew with both of them. Unlikely that you that you flew with either of them, since you sound like a management plant. Both pilots received an overwhelming amount of phone calls from other pilots and the scheduling dept. expressing regret that they were gone so what does that tell you?

piaggiop180 said:
I personally love flying for the company. It is exiting to watch it grow well the other fractionals are stuck in the mud.

Is this your first job where they pay you to fly? If you really like this company that much, I think it's time for a random drug test because you are certainly on something.

piaggiop180 said:

Best aircraft in the industry?? Are you serious???? The only things going for this aircraft are speed and fuel effeciency. It can't carry much and go very far. You can't MEL anything. It's always breaking. The GPS sucks, the cockpit layout is terrible, and there should only be 2 levers to push rather than 4.

I go back to what I said earlier, put down the kool-aid and take a step back and join reality.

piaggiop180 said:
tap tap tap. Lets try again do you know the salaries of any of the union officials?

I know this is going a ways back in the thread but....

I dont care if SS makes 10 Million a year as long as I am paid a great wage and I am well taken care of!

But when the higher ups get all the candy and we get anchovies (no offense to people who like them) thats when I get mad.

I just want someone working for my well being.

Noodles said:
Best aircraft in the industry?? Are you serious???? The only things going for this aircraft are speed and fuel effeciency. It can't carry much and go very far. You can't MEL anything. It's always breaking. The GPS sucks, the cockpit layout is terrible, and there should only be 2 levers to push rather than 4.

Dont trash the plane! I also love it!

New Hiring Minimums for FO's

Posted on climbto350 today
FO pay and Quals.

ATP
2500 tt
1000 multi
250 Inst.
FCC Lic.
250 in the last 12 months
First Class Med

New Bases in DFW, ORD, & DEN