Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what is 7.5/6.5off?

piaggiop180 said:
Netjet wife. How can you not care about the union higher ups getting rich on that hard earned money. Yet you care so much about the higher ups at netjets getting rich. Maybe now that you are so happy with the new union deal you can concentrate your efforts and lowering the outragiously high union dues that the nj pilots pay.

If the NJ pilots are so happy why are they still on this board bitching all the time?

NJ pilots answer questions and offer advise to those trying to follow in their footsteps. I disagree with your characterization of their posts. Your perception of the dues being "outrageously high" is not shared by the NJ group. Many saw those dues returned in grievance awards that the union won for them in addition to the payraise and other improvements achieved in the new contract. A small price to pay for what they received in return and that isn't even counting the assurance that they will have a Steward standing by their side should the need arise. Those pilots who have already been in that position were very grateful and saw their investment/dues pay huge dividends above and beyond the afore mentioned returns. The only pilots "bitching" about the union dues are those not paying them. What an odd contradiction that suggests a hidden agenda on their part.

After NetJet wife and the other brain washed teamster reps refused to answer my question about what union salaries for union heads was I decided to do a Google search. Now I know why they refused to answer and instead did a tap dance. Turns out Local Union heads earn as much as 600,000 grand. Good to see those union dues put to good use. What a joke. This was from an article in the Chicago tribune from 2004. It was on Tdu.org for those interested. I guess that rising tide lifts up those union boats high, real high

piaggiop180 said:
After NetJet wife and the other brain washed teamster reps refused to answer my question about what union salaries for union heads was I decided to do a Google search. Now I know why they refused to answer and instead did a tap dance. Turns out Local Union heads earn as much as 600,000 grand. Good to see those union dues put to good use. What a joke. This was from an article in the Chicago tribune from 2004. It was on Tdu.org for those interested. I guess that rising tide lifts up those union boats high, real high

Duane Worth, ALPA, earns some ridiculously high salary while his members take pay cut after pay cut and regional FOs work for peanuts. No pay cut for him that I know of.

piaggiop180 said:

Now you are starting to be a d!ckhead. Can't wait to run into you at an FBO. Let me know where a good place for you is. You still haven't responded to my last post to you.

OUR local leaders at 1108 (the pilots on the executive board) do not earn one cent more than their salary. I'm not refusing to answer anything from you. Farther up the chain of command at the International level, I'm sure they earn a good chunk of change. But it is only a SMALL portion of what we pay as union dues. We keep MOST of what we pay in to pay for atty's, admin staff to run the local and secretaries for admin work. Plus we bankroll a lot of it to help pay for future battles with the company.

I will say it slow for you so you can understand.

T-H-E P-I-L-O-T-S T-H-A-T V-O-L-U-N-T-E-E-R F-O-R 1-1-0-8
D-O N-O-T G-E-T P-A-I-D E-X-T-R-A. T-H-A-T I-S W-H-Y I-T I-S C-A-L-L-E-D -A- V-O-L-U-N-T-E-E-R P-O-S-I-T-I-O-N!!!!

Dumbazz

Last edited:
netjetwife said:
NJ pilots answer questions and offer advise to those trying to follow in their footsteps. I disagree with your characterization of their posts. Your perception of the dues being "outrageously high" is not shared by the NJ group. Many saw those dues returned in grievance awards that the union won for them in addition to the payraise and other improvements achieved in the new contract. A small price to pay for what they received in return and that isn't even counting the assurance that they will have a Steward standing by their side should the need arise. Those pilots who have already been in that position were very grateful and saw their investment/dues pay huge dividends above and beyond the afore mentioned returns. The only pilots "bitching" about the union dues are those not paying them. What an odd contradiction that suggests a hidden agenda on their part.

Forget it netjetwife, this guy is dummer than a box of monkey nuts. He is a true ass clown.

Ce750drvr, it is now a matter of honor with me! I refuse to let him run a smear campaign without setting the record straight for those who read this board. No only do the 1108 VOLUNTEERS not make anything extra for the many hours they spend working on behalf of the pilot group, but it actually costs them money to donate their time. That's right! When in Columbus working on union business, the Executive Board and Stewards lose out on the opportunity to make overtime. On his days off my husband still does his union duties. His phone rings a lot. 1108 is staffed and led by a cadre of hard working, dedicated pilots that believe in our Local.

How deceptive to cite information that was written before 1108 was even established. Our Local has been in existence for less than a year! It was started on the 11th day of the 8th month in 2005.

My husband called just now--what timing! He pointed out that our family is losing $500 a month because he has been unable to complete his upgrade training due to working on contract implementation issues. To be accused of making huge amounts of money angered my husband (rightfully so) and I got his usual reasons for disliking this forum. See the damage a few jerks (not the word he used) can do when they spew their garbage across the board! Let the record also be clear that before the NJ pilots got part of their dues back from 284 many of them GAVE money to help StrongUnion fight for a fair contract. The leaders of 1108 led by example during that time!

I generally try to avoid comment on topics such as this, but I've been following, and a couple of observations leap to mind.

One is that both sides, if indeed clear sides exist, are apparently passionate about their positions. I suspect a fair amount of disinformation is being bantied about by both camps. Clearly from the posts, some appear to be from management, others from line pilots, and some aren't clear about either side, and appear to jump back and forth.

Something that occurs to me as I read this is that a number of posts have referred to recent firings. If indeed these firings have been connected with union issues, or disparagement issues, or whatever the case may be, then those who fly for the company might be behooven to exercise a lot of caution in what they post. Let me assure you, I'm not management for your company, and I'm definitely not associated with ANY union...but we've seen the "unmasking" or characters on this board before. Management from this dispute is reading these posts, and apparently making them...if they're firing people who are suspected to be part of the process, then posting here is probably a good way to become a target.

Others have been identified and found out here before. Crikey, it wasn't long ago I was dealing with threats off the board from board members who stepped over the line, and I know others who have experienced the same. The point is that discovering the identity of posters here isn't rocket science, and if management is going to take the tack they have, then don't give them ammunition.

I know it may make you feel good to speak out, but are you accomplishing anything here other than putting yourself in jeopardy? If indeed the posters here claiming to be management are who they say they are, then you're only angering them, without gaining any ground for yourselves...and in some quarters, that's what we call a loss. Cut your losses and don't provoke without something to back yourselves up...just an observation.

My second thought is more philosophical, but it regards the issues of union dues and union boss salaries. I have no idea what a union boss, manager, or whomever makes. Nor do I care. I've read a number of posters here by poeple who are apparently bystanders, interested because they've had their own labor-management disputes. None of them seem concerned about their union dues and where they go, because they have achieved the results they desired.

I suppose I might not care where the dues go either, if the results are what one expects. After all, I pay a lot of money to a doctor, and I get healed. I don't care if he buys a boat or a car, or spends it on a prostitute...I am interested in what he does for me. I had a dentist with a very big house and toys. He treated me well, fixed my teeth, and it was for that service he got paid. What he did with the money wasn't particularly important to me, and it seems that those who concern themselves with where their dues are going are missing the point. Perhaps that's an issue to take up with the union directly, but only if the results aren't worth it.

From what I can see here, everybody has an equal say as to w(h)eather they will accept or reject what management offers, what a union offers, what other pilots have to say, and how it all fits with their goals. I suppose I don't really understand the politics. I must assume that all the players here are adults who can think for themselves. The impassioned pleas and threats, information and disinformation...surely all the players can see with their own two eyes and make up their own minds?

Carry on. It's entertaining, to say the least.

Latest resources

Back