• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know which fractional you work for, but you hit the nail on the head for Flight Options - all of those issues are on our table, plus many more, such as overtime, travel days, and benefits.

Our company has a long way to go when it comes to our quality of life - and the Union is going to help them get there.

Not only is there an echo, but a strong sense of deja vu, as well. The NJ pilots that post here (and one wife :)) kept repeating that refrain--it isn't only the pay--throughout the NJ negotiations. If work rules are exploitative and you're being run into the ground, extra money won't matter when you're too exhausted to care. Likewise, if they throw a little more money at you, but you have to spend it on health care, retirement etc, because the benefit package is lacking, you still haven't made real progress. Compensation packages for professionals generally include good benefits. That's what helps to define the skill level and separate it from "blue-collar" or "service" jobs.

Cornfed, I respectfully disagree that the battle is hopeless. It's not about PIG. The target audience should be our concern. We can't allow PIG to spread his slop (misinformation) across the board unchallenged. Sure, those of us who post here are used to stepping around stinking piles (posts) to carry on an intelligent discussion of the issues, but do you want the unwary (readers) to slip on his garbage and fall (into a pack of lies)? Many pilots (and some spouses) come here looking for information. I, for one, want to make sure that what they get is balanced and true.

Keep up the good fight!
Netjetwife

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS THAT SHOULD BE PAID AND TREATED AS SUCH

angryoneincher said:
I agree there can be a trust factor and a family atmosphere among a company or a union. That just isn't the case at Avant air even tho the CEO likes to spout that stuff. Everything he does contradicts that. That was my point.

Personally, I thought your position was well explained. While leaving the possibility open, that any company can hold those ideals, I was explaining that I saw them exhibited by the union--more than management--at NJA. I was counting on other frac pilots to share their opinions about their own companies. Do they feel that their relationship with management is based on trust and respect? Frankly, it doesn't sound like too many frac pilots can say that.

Latest resources

Back