good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jolimon said:
I just want to say I have been working at Avantair for over 1.5 years. I have flown with the two pilots in question and will not disparage them. This is a great place to work. Hopefully many pilots will participate in the pilot phone call next week. Of course we could listen to the pro union banter on this website and spend the next three years negotiating a collective bargaining agreement. What are Union officials driving these days off their new found NJ riches? I choice to believe in CM. I know for a fact he has been presenting issues we have to management and we will see if management addresses them. I remain hopeful. Sending in cards means three maybe four years of no increases and hostility. Lets be smart lets make our own choices we all know this website is owned by the teamsters. They will probably pull this thread as they have been known to do when someone has a differing point of view. Please don't turn this into a teamsters forum for Netjet wife and others you all can stick to Netjets and go away. This forum will be used for Avantair pilots to address concerns in a rational way. It starts next week.

I can't speak for the other 1108 leaders, but my husband drives what he has been driving for the last 10 years--a Ford F150 truck. I do wish you guys could grasp the concept of a L-O-C-A-L like 1108, which is made up only of NJ (so far) pilots fighting hard for NJ pilots and their families. Where do you get your erroneous time line? That is totally unfair to make that assumption, given that you are referring to something that no longer exists--NJ pilots in 284. Let's be fair, here! SU has only just celebrated their one year anniversary and 1108 is even younger! That was an accomplishment to be proud of, given the lost ground that had to be made up. I think the lesson one can learn from your post is that apathy was partially to blame for the lost wages suffered by the NJ pilots. A strong adversary requires a strong union! I encourage the other frac pilots to learn from the mistakes made by the NJ pilots---don't wait so long to get organized. Time is money, as we all know.

Do you honestly believe the drivel you are spouting? Put down the kool-aid and step back for a minute. The are many other issues besides pay that a union would be very helpful for. It would keep you from getting fired for no reason like the last two. (I know both people in question, and have to say, what a crock of crap that was.)

I've seen the email about the phone conference for ideas, and I have two questions for you: 1) Do you honestly think they will listen and make long term changes? 2) What's to keep them from firing you for making suggestions that don't agree with, or feel is "detrimental to the company"?

The answers would be "no" and "nothing."

At least send in the union card, and let it come to a vote. Don't let management bribe or intimidate you with empty promises and threats.

netjetwife, i am all for improvement. The fact is that it is already underway. I don't want to see a union screw it up, i have been through it before.

Noodles aren't you the guy who knowingly spread the rumor about the expensive cars that turned out to be untrue? Did the union put you up to this?

We just want to hear the facts from someone who has been caught in a lie

Jolimon, I must confess to having an emotional reaction to you posted, incorrect data based on an unfair biased against the NJ pilots' union-- Local 1108. I started my post with out finishing (reading) yours first, so I failed to see your expressed wish to an exclusive thread. Nonetheless, after reading all of your post, I am choosing to stand by mine as it is an honest attempt to set the record straight for those who may be unaware of the inaccurate reporting in your own. I will be content to let this me my last post on this thread (unless invited on by other Avantair pilots) as long as you stick to the truth about 1108. Deal? :)

Is that tap dancing I hear? I can only assume why Netjet wife refused to respond to my question. I guess she new the questions that would follow.

Netjetwife, the only reason I am on here on this site is to set the facts straight. I want what is best for me, my career, and my family. I am sick of seeing all the lies that get posted on this forum. Avantair, has enjoyed quite a bit of success because of the people that work here; from aircraft detailers to management. It is impossible to look from the outside and have any view of reality.

It would be rude of me not to answer---

Piaggiop180, I actually have no idea about the salary for that position. That IS my point, exactly. We don't identify ourselves strongly with far-flung leaders in a huge umbrella/organizational entity. We just don't. NJ pilots and their families are far too occupied working on L-O-C-A-L issues that face only them. Of the pilots...for the pilots....you get the idea, right?

Thanks. That was the quickest "welcome back" I've received in a long time..:)

Tap Tap Tap. The union card is gaining more dust. It is so transparent. Ok I will ask the next question do you know any of the salaries of the union reps?

Latest resources

Back