• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah Jolimon the NetJets guys really got screwed from what managment was paying them!

Jolimon also I am pretty 1000000000% sure this is not a Teamsters owned website. Did you not hear about the tragedy of man who started this board?
Dont be ridiculous.

piaggiop180 said:
I called and spoke to cm today. they have been working the pay issues since the new owner took over. (at least two months) Is there a reason I should't believe what he tells me? He is not known as someone who is distrustfull. Unions are not the only answer they have done some pretty shady thing themselves.

Here is one thing you have to remember. Just because you send in your card doesnt mean you have to vote yes for the union when it comes time to vote. Send in your card and if CM and SS do us right then it is up to you to vote yes or no for the union. Sending in your card gives us a voice and gives us an option.

Cornfed, have you not noticed the consultants that have been working here for the last three months. They are here to improve the program for owners and employees. You should talk directly to them, you will find that a lot of the things that you are complaing about are already being addressed. They mentioned that the pay increases were coming over a month ago. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the cards had anything to do with it. No one is saying it is perfect, but I see a lot of things going on to make it that way.

well we now know cornfed is a teamster plant. Did you just cut and paste that from the teamster union brain washing guide?

As a side note the guy who started the board died tragically and this board in no way represents his ideals. It has changed dramatically since he died. Now it is nothing more than a teamster solicitation site. We at Avantair are smarter than that we will make up our own minds. Go away you probably don't even know what a p180 is.

piaggiop180 said:
I called and spoke to cm today. they have been working the pay issues since the new owner took over. (at least two months) Is there a reason I should't believe what he tells me? He is not known as someone who is distrustfull. Unions are not the only answer they have done some pretty shady thing themselves.

I'd agree with you on that. And for the sake of arguement, it's possible that they have been working on pay issues for months. Al should have sent out a communications letter earlier and said "hey guys, I'm me, I know some things aren't right and I'm gonna make you happier and I'll notify you XX date with a shiny new payscale, you'll love it!".

But instead, nothing's mentioned about that and adding insult to injury the one person/people (depends on who you ask) that has lied to more pilots to keep them around is driving around in a shiny new -expensive- ride. Whadr we supposed to think!?

YOu can only kick a dog so long before it bites....

Half of me says, "okay forget the union and ride this out" (again). Well, that's what we said last time and we still had no policy or respectable schedule or pay. They'll pay us a bonus after 3 years?? What's that?!

I agree to alot of what you say except that ss had tried before but was shut down by the prior owner. This comes from very good sources. The new owner I hear is open to listening and we have seen that already. I think good things are coming

Jolimon said:
I agree to alot of what you say except that ss had tried before but was shut down by the prior owner. This comes from very good sources. The new owner I hear is open to listening and we have seen that already. I think good things are coming

jolimon, 3 things in life are certain: death, taxes, and never believe anything ss says...

i didn't hear it from ss and we will soon find out if it is true or not. I got it from someone else at the boardmeeting when pilot salaries were raised by ss. The fact that the thing about the car was so false makes the people who spread it extemelly suspect

i still don't get how disparaging anyone personally will get us anywhere. Unless it is a Union tactic to play on emotions and get Management and the pilots at odds with eachother. Just a thought lets be smart and not play into this? This is a classic union tactic

well said Jolimon. by naming people personally or making statements like " We will just take the pay increases and unionize anyway" that is clearly an attempt to make managment not give us the increases we deserve and force us to join the Teamsters. Hopefully management realizes we have issues and will address them. If not we will see so far I see progress

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back