• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

good things at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
country you are right This post was started to say good things about a good fractional company to work for. We asked specifically that the NJ pilots stick to their own threads, they didn't and I got caught up in the madness.

Regarding your question the Piaggio is like any other airplane it does break now and then. On my return today I noticed there were fewer aircraft in the hanger in FL for maintainence then I had seen in the past and was told ths was due to parts issues being resolved. The biggest issue to date has been parts availability it appears this is being resolved. Having come out of a citation before flying the piaggio it appears to be more reliable. The aircraft are all pretty new. The company gets at least one new one a month.

If you interested in a job they are hiring 6 new pilots a month. You can typically upgrade within a year.

Back to your point about this board you are right the person who started it never intended it to turn into what it has. I will leave it at that

Noodles I totally disagree with your statements about the aircraft. I have never been asked to fly 7 people 1500 nm. I agree about the MEL and I know that the DOO has been working with the FAA to clear that issue up.
By the way Noodles we all know who you are and you don't work here anymore.

Last edited:
AOI, there are some family ideals that can transfer over well--to a company or a union. It is not uncommon for some of the NJ pilots/spouses to refer to their group as an extended family. There is a trust factor. Members treat each other with respect and work as a team for the good of all. They cheer each other on and offer help where needed. Each separate frac group could have something like that. It's all just a matter of camaraderie and attitude. Pilots that share common goals, choosing to make a stand together.

Oh Netjetwife Netjetwife Netjetwife

netjetwife said:
AOI, there are some family ideals that can transfer over well--to a company or a union. It is not uncommon for some of the NJ pilots/spouses to refer to their group as an extended family. There is a trust factor. Members treat each other with respect and work as a team for the good of all. They cheer each other on and offer help where needed. Each separate frac group could have something like that. It's all just a matter of camaraderie and attitude. Pilots that share common goals, choosing to make a stand together.

I am taking time off from HAJ to respond to this ridiculousness.

YOU DONT NEED A UNION to be a close family of co-workers. This is all part of the Jihad against non-union fractional companies.

Netjetwife, PLEASE! Open your eyes. The union worked for Netjets. IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT at ALL COMPANIES. Why are you selling this idea like a used car salesperson? Hard sell tactics nonetheless.

Did you work for Amway at some point in your life?

Turbinhead thats all I was trying to say. Instead I fell into the trap of arguing with these used car salespeople. They feel like to justify their actions every single pilot has to be a teamster. Watch out flight instructors are next

netjetwife said:

Excuse me! Perhaps you should take the time to READ my post before you start twisting my post. Talk about ridiculous! Your point was already included in my post. I just expanded the idea to include my experience as a spouse in the NJ group/1108. Sharing my positive experience doesn't mean that all others are negative, by comparison. I leave that determination to the frac pilots at each company.

netjetwife said:

I agree there can be a trust factor and a family atmosphere among a company or a union. That just isnt the case at Avantair even tho the CEO likes to spout that stuff. Everything he does contradicts that. That was my point.

Actually, the purpose of this "board" is fractional aviation - discussion of fractional aviation and interviews... sounds pretty on-topic to me.

It's real simple, guys. If the pilots at Flight Options, FlexJet, and AVantair have at least 35% of their pilots send in a card, they earn the right to have a vote for the pilot group. If 50% + 1 pilot casts a vote for a Union, then majority has spoken. If not, then the majority has spoken.

Net Jets' contract is industry-leading. Citation Shares' and Flex Jets' raises are in response to that contract, and good for those guys!

Certainly you cannot deny that although life isn't perfect at Net Jets, it certainly is better quality of life than any other fractional. THAT is what I hope we can gain at Flight Options. Stop groaning about people being "pro-union".... every pro-union pilot is pro-company... it is management's fault they are pro union.

Here is the problem. PIG is a member of managment if it isnt completely obvious. It is a hopeless battle.

I agree FO pay, overtime, and perdiem has been increased. I am still waiting on the Captain pay increase.

Here are the other issues that have not been adressed.

a 7 and 7 schedule

a vacation schedule

a sick policy

a crew meal policy

overall better treatment to the pilots.

The pay in my opinion is a very small part of what we are looking for.

Latest resources

Back