• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you stick to the assigned speeds (or your FO does it thanks to YOUR watching), then there really shouldn't be any goarounds. Controllers are usually pretty good at putting planes in slots, and can tell when spacing is getting tight. Depending on what runway you are on and the associated traffic, the Delta guy could have asked for a slight S-turn at worst. Sounds like you need to brief your FO on proper procedures and not rolling to the end. If you are an RJ or turboprop, the first highspeed is usually the one you should aim for. Larger planes usually go to the second.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

At max landing weight the VREF on a CRJ can be higher than on your 757/767, take that along with a 250 hour wonder flying in the right seat and you are lucky to exit by the end of the runway.

WRONG!

1. ATL does this when the final is long.

2. When you're IFR, you don't need a "clearance" into class B....Do we need some airspace refreshers?

Used to happen all the time in LAS. Guys on an IFR flight plan, visual 25L, followed the GS down which took you below class B prior to step down and a violation happened. Then they fixed the app to 25L .

A bud at USAirways was violated on a line check for going below class B in CLT and re-entering without being cleared. You are cleared into the class B with the vectors, if you exit ie: visual, step down early, you can be violated.

(2) Unless otherwise authorized by ATC this is the key, each person operating a large turbine engine-powered airplane to or from a primary airport for which a Class B airspace area is designated must operate at or above the designated floors of the Class B airspace area while within the lateral limits of that area.

If they cleared him below thats fine, but not if he did it on his own.

Last edited:
Well since this has degenerated into the usual major/regional pi$$ing contest...

Well it doesn't have to if you would read the thread...Care to tell me what "regional" flies a Citation?

Any thread barely mentions ATL and it's like pulling your cord. Same thing over and over and over.

A bud at USAirways was violated on a line check for going below class B in CLT and re-entering without being cleared. You are cleared into the class B with the vectors, if you exit ie: visual, step down early, you can be violated.

Was that the case with the FAA on the jumpseat? I think the issue was exceeding the 200 knot speed limit below the floor of Class B airspace.

I would fill out an ASAP for this. You went below class B and re-entered without being cleared. If flying to a class B ATC will not clear you below it.

I flew Citations for years and would have never flown Vapp from the marker in. That is ridiculous in a class B enviroment. Being professional also includes thinking outside the box a little and flying your airplane to help others. While being safe. I realized I was in a slower airplane and would accomadate...no big deal.

You've got to be kidding me! I was IMC getting vectors for the approach, assigned altitudes and headings, I didn't need a clearance to enter class B.

I suppose breaking company policy and setting a bad example in front of my FO would be professional?

Get real!

Last edited:
Well since this has degenerated into the usual major/regional pi$$ing contest...

What a complete moron! Since when do the regionals fly citation jets??

1. The only airline that seems to roll all the way to the end in ATL is American.....

And you base this accusation on what?? The rjdc factbook!

2. Only DAL asks for "windchecks" and "how longs the flying".....Why?
Anyone have their retardese translator handy? WTF are you talking about here?

The windcheck is meaningless and carefully listening to the frequency combined with looking at the TCAS can tell you how long the final is......
All this knowledge, and the best you could do was asa?? BF surprise!

3. Mainline pilots seem to miss radio calls more than anyone....
Regional pilots seem to get lost at the airports more than anyone, why is that? More stats from the rjdc factbook!

4. I have had to throw out the anchor when following DAL into ATL in an ATR.....
More lies, eh? You're lucky to go 250 on a descent!:laugh:

ALPA can't represent both, I do not believe anyone could. Comair and Delta pilots have opposite desires. It is not possible to represent them both. Just look at the RJDC lawsuit filed by Comair pilots.
As far as the DC3 is concerned the 50's are gone. At the time that was state of the art and the majors flew them.

By the way UAL pilots walked off the job in 85 to combat the B scale and I with my fellow EAL pilots walked off in 89 to fight the lower wages being promoted at CAL at the time by frank Lorenzo. Mean while the regionals keep undercutting eachother in a race to see who can fly for less.

Eastern Airlines helped create this mess.....They were one of the first to agree to allow flying to be outsourced with Eastern Metro....Randy Babbitt is on record as saying that was a mistake.....The Eastern MEC didn't want to fly Metros and Be99s...Pot meet kettle..

Everyone is undercutting everyone because ALPA/APA never dealt with scope properly...

Your right that ALPA can't represent both sides now...I suspect the mainline groups will start leaving ALPA so as to avoid the DFR issue....

Latest resources

Back