Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree.

I had a Delta pilot say something before that still blows me away that some of them could be so unprofessional.

Hollywood82,

First of all this is the most ridiculous post of all time. I'm a corporate "20 something" Captain and I operate a -560 in and out of Atlanta all the time. Never had anyone go around behind us.

Vref + 10 from the OM inbound at Hartsfield is about the worst professional decision I've heard in awhile. In my opinion, professionalism in this case would have dictated that you adjust speed for the situation. 170 to the marker, that means until you are over or past the marker- then slowing- and every Citation (and I've flown all of them) bleeds off speed relatively quickly. Most airliners target speeds are in the 130 to 140 range. So what's wrong with flying stabilized in the slot with an adjusted target speed justified by traffic conditions? I just can't figure out what the problem is here.

There again... the Delta guys should have been cheering about a go-around. They get paid by the hour.

And what's with the bashing about the Citations? Sovereign, X, and III/VIII crews have to usually slow down behind any airline in any phase of flight. Now the 500 series... that's a little different story: obviously it's operator technique.

It's company policy to be Vapp from the OM inbound. What would you do? We have just as much of a right to be there as you. It sucks, but it's life!

What are you? some kind of Gay nerd?!

Your story is so F'ed up in so many ways it's not even fun.....

First....get over your self....want to talk professional....stop using the term "MY" when refuring to the aircraft you fly and the follow crewmember you are flying with!......what a tool box!

No sh*** . Reminds me of a TOOL I use to work with. He would always say stupid sh** like "Easy, easy, don't burn up my breaks! or would refer to sh** like my airplane! My job "not our". What a tool, just thinking about it makes me want to go punch him in his fu**** face.
:p There, that's better.

Psst...tooby.

I think he was referring to a "Pirates of the Caribbean" line. Just FYI.

Latest resources

Back