• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've got to be kidding me! I was IMC getting vectors for the approach, assigned altitudes and headings, I didn't need a clearance to enter class B.

I suppose breaking company policy and setting a bad example in front of my FO would be professional?

Get real!

Might want to read my post. You did set a bad example of not flying your airplane. Its not rocket science. I guess for some they cant fly unless its in a book somewhere. Situatuions come up everyday where you need to think a little. That was one where you could have taught your FO a little real world flying. Give it up if you cant.

CS no that wasnt it.

Last edited:
If you stick to the assigned speeds (or your FO does it thanks to YOUR watching), then there really shouldn't be any goarounds. Controllers are usually pretty good at putting planes in slots,
Bye Bye--General Lee

That may be true in ATL, but in MSP, it's a numbers game. A few go around's actually save fuel because controllers are operating at the margins on arrival flow. (At least that's what the bean counters say.)

The trick is to space the smaller aircraft behind the larger ones as much as possible or put RJ's behind departing aircraft.

Your right that ALPA can't represent both sides now...I suspect the mainline groups will start leaving ALPA so as to avoid the DFR issue....

The DFR issue was settled when Dan Ford and his posse threw in the towel after getting spanked by ALPA during the discovery phase of the RJDC's frivolous lawsuit. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It wasn't busy, this was about 2330lcl, it wasn't ATL, and approach was only working 4 aircraft to two parallel runways. I gave them plenty of notice that we would be flying the approach at 117KIAS.

I'm pretty sure the guys behind me had TCAS, ATC was advised of the App speed. We kept everything legal and safe. I feel bad for the guys who had to g/a, but I make no apologies!

If we were doing a visual, this wouldn't have happened, but we weren't, and it did. All I can say is that I've always tried to keep things moving, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

Might want to read my post. You did set a bad example of not flying your airplane. Its not rocket science. I guess for some they cant fly unless its in a book somewhere. Situatuions come up everyday where you need to think a little. That was one where you could have taught your FO a little real world flying. Give it up if you cant.

CS no that wasnt it.

Read my post! This wasn't one of those situations.

And I think I set a great example by not being pressured into rushing during one of the most crucial phases of flight. That's not rocket science man! It's just good decision making, you should try it!

When do you need a clearance into class B?.... VIXIN

Last edited:
Used to happen all the time in LAS. Guys on an IFR flight plan, visual 25L, followed the GS down which took you below class B prior to step down and a violation happened. Then they fixed the app to 25L .

A bud at USAirways was violated on a line check for going below class B in CLT and re-entering without being cleared. You are cleared into the class B with the vectors, if you exit ie: visual, step down early, you can be violated.

(2) Unless otherwise authorized by ATC this is the key, each person operating a large turbine engine-powered airplane to or from a primary airport for which a Class B airspace area is designated must operate at or above the designated floors of the Class B airspace area while within the lateral limits of that area.

If they cleared him below thats fine, but not if he did it on his own.

Vixin....What FARs are you reading....IFR flights don't need a Class B clearance.....In 20 years of flying into Class B's (TCAs) on IFR flightplans, I have never received a "Class B clearance"....

I love Vegas...but I don't things are that much different out there.....

Well it doesn't have to if you would read the thread...Care to tell me what "regional" flies a Citation?

....sorry...I missed the "slowtation" part.....I just assumed the DAL crew was making an unprofessional comment about a regional crew.....I should have realized that they hold the corporate folks with the same contempt.....

Doesn't really matter....It was an unprofessional comment on the radio and DAL crews shouldn't be throwing stones in this glass house we all work in....

Latest resources

Back