Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Technically, you are right.

Practically, good luck positively locating yourself on the Class B chart for ATL. It's very... unique.

Once ATC vectors you into Class B anyway, they must let you know if they vector you out of Class B.

Pilot/Controller Glossary 101.

Wow. This thread is so dorky.

Where is a great place to get beer in ATL?

Thank you flylow!

I really can't believe you've left this one for me for this long . . . [evil grin]

Plan the taxiway you're going to use and get off the runway! Or land somewhere else!

I thought that's EXACTLY what Delta did! Come on, I'm not the only old coot here who remembers those? If they'd just followed in that grand tradition (and that of getting lost on the NAT tracks, they could have landed with out any problem!

I keed, I keed! Ok, maybe that was a bit harsh, but I just couldn't resist.

On a serious note, to the 'tard who enlightened us with the insight that "TCAS isn't to be used for separation except in a RA." No kidding Einstien, but I can sure look at the display and make an informed adjustment to my speed (within aircraft limitations) when I'm FAF inbound if I'm following slower traffic (ie, use an extra notch of flaps if applicable and reduce my approach speed a bit more).

I would agree that ultimately, the problem seems to be that ATC didn't heed Hollywood's heads up on their approach speed and make a bigger hole for the following aircraft.

No surprise here:

A typical Delta pilot thinking the world revolves around his pimply ass.

ALSO speed limits cannot be waived by ATC, they're written in stone.
Have you even ever been to TEB. Try slowing before they want you to and you will be vectored to ALB. Even though they have you below the Class B. Happens all the time in TEB. They may not waive it but they sure as heck let you know if you slow down and they dont want you to.

In Lubbock you can do 250 to the marker, taxi straight to the gate and be in the bar in 30 minutes.

Gup

Have you even ever been to TEB. Try slowing before they want you to and you will be vectored to ALB. Even though they have you below the Class B. Happens all the time in TEB. They may not waive it but they sure as heck let you know if you slow down and they dont want you to.

True! Although I never have been asked to fly faster than 170 by ATC going into TEB. If it's visual we hold 170kts till 500ft as per.... you guessed it, the SOP. IMC and the ILS they've worked with us in the past without any problem.

Side note... the Hasbrook Hilton makes you pay for "hot breakfast".... what's up with that?

Last edited:
Side note... the Hasbrook Hilton makes you pay for "hot breakfast".... what's up with that?
Really??? What membership tier are you in?

I was there 2 months ago and it was free...but maybe that's only for diamond memberships

Really??? What membership tier are you in?

I was there 2 months ago and it was free...but maybe that's only for diamond memberships

I'm diamond too. They told me that everything cold was covered by the breakfast pass. Bacon, eggs and all the hot stuff was extra. English obviously wasn't their first language, so who knows.

I'll be there later this week, and check it out again.

I don't know why I can't believe all of the jacka$$ responses on this thread, since this is FI after all. But really...

Hollywood, if you advised ATC of your approach speed from the FAF inbound while you were being vectored then it is their responsibility to build an appropriate hole. Sometimes it doesn't work out and it's not always clear who's fault it was.

The comment was unprofessional, but in their defense, it was probably a commuter trying to catch a jumpseat home. I can understand being upset, but it shouldn't have been said on the radio.

Kind of ironic coming from the guys who brought you "we wear hats because we're professional.":rolleyes:

Understood. We were holding 200 to 2NM from the OM, at which point we went flight idle, threw in flaps and gear and slowed to Vapp as per company policy. I can't change company policy. He did a fine job, and I wouldn't have done anything different.

For the record, we flew 280 till 10000, then 250 till underlying class B then 200 to the OM. It was max legal speed all the way.
I think you did the right thing. Its your a/c and your runway. You do the paperwork, you take the responsibility. You did the right thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back