• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basically, its operations like this that strengthen the case to make certain airports 'airline only'. There are at least 3 other airports in the greater Atlanta area that can more than serve the needs of your Citation. Do us all a favor and fly your SOP's over there.

Well now therein lies the problem...

ATL, was at one time, as small as PDK or other satellite airports.

ATL infrastructure was built using DAL and Eastern money along either tax dollars over the years.

Taxes paid by income, sales, flights, whatever.

ATL today is the conglomeration of decades of growth and development funded by American citizens.

Most of those tax payers fly in on a rented seat in the back of DAL or AirTran. Some fly in the back of their own private jets.

If you wanna base this argument on tax money contributed towards infrastructure improvements at airports... Who pays more income taxes per year? A plne full of FL travelers or someone who owns their own jet?

There is plenty of room guy... some with straight wings need to fly a bit faster for a longer period of time to play nice with the other kids is all.

We go to JFK and DFW on a regular basis too. If there were any other GA Un-friendly airports, I don't know of them. Nonetheless, we have a GA ramp at each with 24 hour access. Why? Taxes.

Oh, that an big money wants to go to ATL, big money goes to ATL.

Well now therein lies the problem...

ATL, was at one time, as small as PDK or other satellite airports.

ATL infrastructure was built using DAL and Eastern money along either tax dollars over the years.

Taxes paid by income, sales, flights, whatever.

ATL today is the conglomeration of decades of growth and development funded by American citizens.

Most of those tax payers fly in on a rented seat in the back of DAL or AirTran. Some fly in the back of their own private jets.

If you wanna base this argument on tax money contributed towards infrastructure improvements at airports... Who pays more income taxes per year? A plne full of FL travelers or someone who owns their own jet?

There is plenty of room guy... some with straight wings need to fly a bit faster for a longer period of time to play nice with the other kids is all.

We go to JFK and DFW on a regular basis too. If there were any other GA Un-friendly airports, I don't know of them. Nonetheless, we have a GA ramp at each with 24 hour access. Why? Taxes.

Oh, that an big money wants to go to ATL, big money goes to ATL.

I dont think you want to get into a battle of who pays more taxes at an airport. You will lose.

All this thread has proven is that they don't call it a "Slowtation" for no reason and that Hollywood aint gonna go fast for nobody by God come hell or high water. I'm a big fan of selective compliance but he's got his convictions and he's sticking to them.

Seems like an alright guy to me - even if he was clogging up the works. :)

Gup

All this thread has proven is that they don't call it a "Slowtation" for no reason and that Hollywood aint gonna go fast for nobody by God come hell or high water. I'm a big fan of selective compliance but he's got his convictions and he's sticking to them.

Seems like an alright guy to me - even if he was clogging up the works. :)

Gup

i've never had a problem with a corporate crew. I would say that as a whole they are a professional bunch who do their best with the aircraft they are in. But, 117kts? From the Marker? C'mon Gup!! lol

Seems like ATC might of been partly to blame on this one...

I have flown into Honolulu many times as a mil t-prop and always remembered that we went b@lls to the wall until on base/final and even then we were flying at least 190 until gear speed and then 150 dirty until 1-2 miles or so.

ATC should of done a better job of sequencing the traffic so the 757 wouldn't have to of gone around. At the same time, the citation should be able to adapt to different environments and mabye in that case, the captain should of taken over the controls to get the plane off the runway quicker. (in a safe manner of course)

SW

i've never had a problem with a corporate crew. I would say that as a whole they are a professional bunch who do their best with the aircraft they are in. But, 117kts? From the Marker? C'mon Gup!! lol

Accidents that are attributed to pilot error, stem from poor decision making, and inconsistency. SOPs are there to insure that everyone is on the same page. Not following SOPs breeds a chaotic environment which leaves plenty of opportunities for an incident or accident.

Flying faster than the SOPs allow, or rushing could be the one thing that tips the scale. It's better to be consistant. Reference the swiss cheese model, anatomy of an error......
http://patientsafetyed.duhs.duke.edu/module_e/swiss_cheese.html

I follow SOPs. When the SOPs change, so will I. Sorry if I get in your way.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but it's pretty black and white, according to our POI. I'll even buy those DAL guys "iced-cream" to make them feel better.

Latest resources

Back