• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's company policy to be Vapp from the OM inbound. What would you do? We have just as much of a right to be there as you. It sucks, but it's life!

OMG. I mean ................ well, oh my Gawd!!! :uzi:

It's company policy to be Vapp from the OM inbound. What would you do? We have just as much of a right to be there as you. It sucks, but it's life!

Maybe, but you have to appreciate the conditions that exist at individual airports. Here's a conversation I heard once:

"Delta XXX maintain 180 to the marker."

"Delta XXX say indicated airspeed."

"150"

"Delta XXX maintain 180 to the marker"

"Our policy is to be fully configured and on speed at the marker."

"Delta XXX, approach clearance cancelled, fly heading 160, climb to and maintain 5000."

"Why?"

"I've got to build you a bigger hole if you're going to fly that slow."

I hope we'll get approval for this one into PDK at some point:

RNP 02R KPDK

:cool:

Dude! Won't happen for the Ultra but BRING IT!!

Looks awesome and if it helps get in to PDK, it's good juju.

Let's not even talk about getting into 36U... gliders, short, narrow, uncontrolled, 14K terrain within 5 miles, 5,600 MSL pavement...

I'd take a nice 150kt. ILS approach into ATL any day.

.....I just assumed the DAL crew was making an unprofessional comment about a regional crew......

You don't suffer from "victimhood," though.

Ouch! We're not paid that badly. haha

Seriously though, this wasn't intentional and I do feel bad, but I make no apologies for following the SOPs. The FO was just doing what I was telling him.

You guys have a fine airline and I wish this didn't happen, but it did, and that crew was extremely unprofessional about the whole thing. That's all.

It was late at night and they were probably tired.

Basically, its operations like this that strengthen the case to make certain airports 'airline only'. There are at least 3 other airports in the greater Atlanta area that can more than serve the needs of your Citation. Do us all a favor and fly your SOP's over there.

Basically, its operations like this that strengthen the case to make certain airports 'airline only'. There are at least 3 other airports in the greater Atlanta area that can more than serve the needs of your Citation. Do us all a favor and fly your SOP's over there.

For the 10th time this didn't happen in ATL.

And I would much rather go to a satellite field, since you airline guys think you "own" any class B airport, thought I covered all this.

For the 10th time this didn't happen in ATL.

And I would much rather go to a satellite field, since you airline guys think you "own" any class B airport, thought I covered all this.

alright...I see a lot of 'it wasn't ATL' well, where was it. Or was it a equally large airport that would prove my point? Perhaps if it was a smaller airport, you could find a little fault with the controller for his lack of vigilance?

Latest resources

Back