• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen, if your FO can't handle it, then you fly the legs into the busy airports, and let him fly to Valdosta. Really, that go around your FO CAUSED cost us $6000 (more than both of you make in a month). Take charge MAN! Don't be a wuss.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ouch! We're not paid that badly. haha

Seriously though, this wasn't intentional and I do feel bad, but I make no apologies for following the SOPs. The FO was just doing what I was telling him.

You guys have a fine airline and I wish this didn't happen, but it did, and that crew was extremely unprofessional about the whole thing. That's all.

It was late at night and they were probably tired.

Read back fool! ... you sure can't read worth a damn!
You're full of it!
You're full of it!
Go fly your Mooney
.... but my crew doesn't rush.

It really speaks volumes when my early 20s FO says "that's unprofessional" about a 30 - 60 something Legacy pilot.

Let's try to be more respectful to each other, please.
Yeah, what YOU said.

Next year when the ATA tries again to ban your operation from the nation's busiest airports I will again write my Representatives, but you have brought additional considerations that have me thinking that perhaps I've been on the wrong side of this debate in the past.

Last edited:
Again, you 91, or 135? I'm all for playing this game.

FAR135 our SOPs say Vref -0/+20 from OM inbound on an ILS. On a visual we have to be -0/+20 in the last 500ft. We were +15 doing an ILS. Cut me some slack, we did all we could legally.

Yeah, what YOU said.

Next year when the ATA tries again to ban your operation from the nation's busiest airports I will again write my Representatives, but you have brought additional considerations that have me thinking that perhaps I've been on the wrong side of this debate in the past.

I would rather not fly into the larger airports 135 or 91. There's crappy service, expensive fuel, and guys like you there. It would be alot easier to go to a satellite field, and get good service with cheap fuel.

I thought that was the point of satellite fields?

OK Fair Enough, but IMHO you could explain to your FO why he should cut Delta some slack. No one expects the performance a Citation can provide on final (great wing for shorter runways) and as General pointed out, a missed approach is expensive. Delta is losing money, measuring fuel with a thimble, and now these guys & the controller(s) get to write up reports at the end of their work day.

FAR135 our SOPs say Vref -0/+20 from OM inbound on an ILS. On a visual we have to be -0/+20 in the last 500ft. We were +15 doing an ILS. Cut me some slack, we did all we could legally.

Don't have a dog in this fight but you were ref+15 on final and STILL only 117kias?

Gup

Vixin is right. You can't exit the bottom of Class B over 200 KIAS.

Technically, you are right.

Practically, good luck positively locating yourself on the Class B chart for ATL. It's very... unique.

Once ATC vectors you into Class B anyway, they must let you know if they vector you out of Class B.

Pilot/Controller Glossary 101.

Wow. This thread is so dorky.

Where is a great place to get beer in ATL?

Ouch! We're not paid that badly. haha

Seriously though, this wasn't intentional and I do feel bad, but I make no apologies for following the SOPs. The FO was just doing what I was telling him.

You guys have a fine airline and I wish this didn't happen, but it did, and that crew was extremely unprofessional about the whole thing. That's all.

It was late at night and they were probably tired.

There you go, you are being reasonable. It does cost us (or anyone these days) a lot of money to go around, so keeping the assigned speeds at Major airports is a must. But, I can understand that it happens sometimes. Just try to keep it to a minimum, and if you have to make sure you take the legs into busy airports if you feel you have a weak FO.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Listen, if your FO can't handle it, then you fly the legs into the busy airports, and let him fly to Valdosta. Really, that go around your FO CAUSED cost us $6000 (more than both of you make in a month). Take charge MAN! Don't be a wuss.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The General wants to compare W2s again... sheesh... I thought it would take until April to have this discussion again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back