• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Around, BE PROFESSIONAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From your description, it wasn't accidental ... unless you are very inexperienced and situationally unaware. FO's leg or not, are you the Captain, or are you not?

SOPs! If it was a visual app it would be different.

Go fly your Mooney!

Exactly.

Really, you need to let someone know if your flight profile is going to be radically different than anything else stacked in line on the approach.

Read back fool! I told ATC we would be doing the app at 117 while being vectored. For knowing so much you sure can't read worth a damn!

"legal"? Are you saying that you could lose your ticket if you had to deviate from you little company's "SOP"? Give me a break. Sounds like you doubt your actions by even posting this stuff. What's wrong with flying(IMC or VMC) that thing about 15-20 knots fast until 500ft above mininums then back off it a bit for the last minute and make a normal landing, get off the damn runway and let the guy behind you who is flying as slow as he can go use the airport too? Sounds like the applicant type I would interview years ago for the regional I flew for who would always get wrapped up in the scenerio questions.

IAHERJ

What's wrong with flying(IMC or VMC) that thing about 15-20 knots fast until 500ft above mininums then back off it a bit for the last minute and make a normal landing, get off the damn runway and let the guy behind you who is flying as slow as he can go use the airport too?
IAHERJ

It depends on what you consider a stabilized approach.

Last edited:
It depends on what you consider a stabilized approach.

One in which you can be spooled up by around 500 ft AGL and on speed within +10 to -5 knots and be in a position to put it down in the touchdown zone. Shouldn't have been difficult in a Citation to do. Sorry for the armchair quarterbacking here but that's my opinion. Hey, the Delta crew probably needed the go-around practice anyway. I haven't had to do a real one in a few years... I could use the practice..

IAHERJ

I can't tell you how many times I have seen American roll all the way to the end of the runway in ATL, What's up with that?
They think it is closer to Ramp 1 during a West operation. Some have not discovered the "Victor Loop" yet... but they are fast learners.

SOPs! If it was a visual app it would be different.

Go fly your Mooney!

Listen, if your FO can't handle it, then you fly the legs into the busy airports, and let him fly to Valdosta. Really, that go around your FO CAUSED cost us $6000 (more than both of you make in a month). Take charge MAN! Don't be a wuss.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Now Superpilot will chime in with a comment that the Go Around would be cheaper in a DC9 because it is paid for.

3.. 2.. 1..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back