Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, don't look in the mirror then.

Well, don't look in the mirror then.

So you're saying that you are able to see that there might possibly be no need for a union? That's what I'm talking about.
As far as the looking in the mirror comment, you're way off. I do agree that there was once a time when unions were needed. A long time ago when companies were run by corrupt, greedy people that expected a lot of production out of under paid employees that were working in very poor working conditions. But times are different now and a company run like that will fail in the market - collapsing under the weight of the greed and corruption.
Now, unions are used by people that are a bit lazy, expecting a hand out, want someone else to be responsible for their career, and expect to "just have" respect, not earn it.
If you look at the performance of FO over that last few years, the positive movement is due to dedicated employees (pilots too), and management that doesn't want the place to fail. Don't accuse them of trying to "ruin people's lives". *And don't accuse me of being one of them, you never know when you'll fly with me :) *
Higher health care, domicile changes, and other cost saving measures are happening industry and country-wide for almost all companies.

Now I don't expect anyone here to agree, or even consider these points due to the mindset that is so strong (and limited).

So you're saying that you are able to see that there might possibly be no need for a union? That's what I'm talking about. I wouldn't even consider working at a non-union shop. There are going to be times when you are going to be pressured to do the wrong thing in a non-union workplace. I don't have that pressure. Myself and my crew are the alpha and omega when it comes to the safe operation of my flight, and any pressure put upon me would be returned tenfold to a manager.
As far as the looking in the mirror comment, you're way off. I don't think so. You don't appear to see the good qualities in unions. I do agree that there was once a time when unions were needed. A long time ago when companies were run by corrupt, greedy people Like FLOPS? that expected a lot of production out of under paid employees that were working in very poor working conditions. Like FLOPS? But times are different now Apparently not... and a company run like that will fail in the market - collapsing under the weight of the greed and corruption. I agree. If FLOPS management remains on their current course, the company will fail. They are pissing owners off every day. Owners who deserve better.

A long time ago when companies were run by corrupt, greedy people that expected a lot of production out of under paid employees that were working in very poor working conditions.

a long time ago? Yesterday isn't a long time ago.

Ive said it many times here. Im SURE that the company would pay me what Im being paid, the benefits i get, vacation, etc all right now just cause they are really nice people.

and i hope you get to fly in my right seat, ill help you out and train you.

please, come back to this planet.

There are going to be times when you are going to be pressured to do the wrong thing in a non-union workplace. I don't have that pressure. Myself and my crew are the alpha and omega when it comes to the safe operation of my flight, and any pressure put upon me would be returned tenfold to a manager.

how true, skanza that is something that i hope you learn someday when you become a PIC.

let's make sure and make this the most safe travel season yet

HOW TO PRE-FLIGHT A BEECHJET

1. Power lever gators (the rubber that keeps stuff from falling into the pedestal) needs to be intact not worn downing item
2. Bonding cables under the spoilerons
3. Top of brake calipers for leaks
4. Plastic conduits for wires for the main gear for fraying and damage
5. Hydraulic lines that go into the pressure switches below the reservoir (mx might try to get you to leave a rag in there for the next flight to check for drips. this is unsafe and illegal) don't even reach in to wipe them (I can't reach them anyway and I have slender long arms)
6. Missing rings/washers on the air stairs, or safety wire, safety wire is not per the BJ MX Manual
7. Nose wheel steering pin for a frayed cable (hazard as it might cut your fingers)(puncture wounds by sharp metal are especially prone to infection)
8. Pitot tubes for worn coating
9. Elevator horn coating (check with control lock installed for more thorough viewing)
10. Door seal channel for damage from door pins
11. Move all pax seats for free movement and locking (check for shoulder harness placards, including the lav seat)
12. All placards (exterior and interior) installed and readable
13. Michelins are installed instead of Goodyear’s, check sidewalls for wear as they are slightly wider and often rub while spinning down in the wells shortly after gear retraction
14. Seat belt extender placards for compatibility with seat belt systems with shoulder harnesses
15. O2 mask microphone function
16. Accumulator window too hazed to see through
17. Broken safety wire on emer gear/door/brake handle
18. Burned out fuel/hyd shutoff valve lights
19. Takeoff pitch trim horn doesn't sound if trim is SLIGHTLY out of the green
20. Takeoff pitch trim horn does sound if trim is BARELY within green.
21. Aileron trims run at different speeds.
22. One aileron trim hesitates partway through full range
23. O2 mask smoke clearing device broken
24. O2 mask weak pressure for inflating halo
25. O2 mask does not stay in cradle.
26. Smoke goggles too scratched/dirty to see safely.
27. Smoke goggles cover(s) missing/damaged.
28. Check for slippage on the engine inlet screws
29. Static and pitot drains are closed
30. Fire extinguisher properly charged
31. Cockpit trim indicator agrees w/ trim position marking on vertical stab
32. Cracked static wicks can be hard to spot without a gentle tug
33. Non-LED rear nav lights have a short lifespan
34. Drain holes under horizontal stab are clear
35. bonding cables under the spoilerons
36. Allowed, two degree's of roll per second when selecting flaps 10
37. Missing LED's on the clocks (No IFR)
38. Check the knife valve on the crapper. It is MEL-able, but a real live mechanic must come out and disconnect the electrical
39. Missing screws around the access panels ... found one plane missing 28!!!
40. Feed back from the hand held mikes. It’s a no no
41. Foil coated Fire retardant blankets in the main landing gear wells. Torn, punctured or missing the foil coating? This is a downing item according to QA. Not MDL’able
42. Engage the autopilot prior to doing the stall test. When the stick shaker comes on, it MUST also disconnect the autopilot.
43. Run your elevator trim full down and full up. If the needle pass the RED limit marks ... broke
44. On battery power only, run your rudder trim from full right to left or visa versa. The rudder must have full travel in less than 64 seconds per the mx manual
45. When selecting flaps 30, be sure they indicate 30, not 29 not 31 ... can you tell me what REF is for a flaps 29 or 31 approach
46. Big Dents under the door from stair malfunction. Must be measured with a caliper, That area is pressurized
47. Nose strut bottoming or bouncing on taxi, nose strut to low
48. Main door handle. If it lifts up without pressing the red button your done
49. Cabin door closed, the "Red" markings for the door pins must be "Completely Covered". This is listed in the AFM
50. All of this because, SAFETY, SERVICE, AND PROFITABILITY[/quote]

Oh yeah and just a reminder, we are still the lowest paid fractional pilots out there, how about that crew meal policy now?

Latest resources

Back