• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fischman, how long do you think it will be before the ripple affect occurs? It already has. Our owner flying is down significantly. Hopefully Mx will use the time to fix the interiors of the airplanes to help maintain the standard our owners have come to expect. I say it's within the year before YOUR union is pressed to furlough pilots. The Union doesn't furlough pilots. The company does.

My question to you is, when it DOES happen, is your union going to do the right thing to preserve jobs or are the furloughs going to happen to protect the industry leading pay and benefits your union demands? The Union and company operate under a contract BOTH parties agreed to. Economic downturns are dealt with IAW the CBA. It is not the Union's responsibility to preserve jobs. It is the Company's. Thankfully NetJets Management has been proactive and in the foreseeable future, we will be alright.

How strong will that independent union be when the times really get tough? We aren't even close to "really tough." The strength in the Union is with the pilots. It will be up to them as the direction the leadership will take, as it always has been.

See how easy it is to answer questions? Now it is your turn.

What company do you work for?

Why are you afraid to tell me?

Are you ashamed of your past?

What comes after the number 1?

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF ACTUALLY ANSWERING A QUESTION?

See how easy it is to answer questions? Now it is your turn.

What company do you work for?

Why are you afraid to tell me?

Are you ashamed of your past?

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF ACTUALLY ANSWERING A QUESTION?

Of course, but are you actually capable of reading an answer (because I've already answered this and I'm not going to do it again)?

So, when the union doesn't protect their pilots when NJ begins the furlough process, who is going to do it? You fischman?

Of course, but are you actually capable of reading an answer (because I've already answered this and I'm not going to do it again)?

So, when the union doesn't protect their pilots when NJ begins the furlough process, who is going to do it? That's not what I said. You fischman? Yes. I will protect our pilots as I always have. Unlike you.

I have read through all of your posts on FI.com. You have not answered a single question on these boards. Ever. You can't do it "again" if you never did it once.

Just try 1. I think you'll find it isn't as hard as you think. We'll try an easy one okay? (At least I think it is easy. You might find it more difficult).

I'll even help you out. If you go to a website called www.google.com you can find the answer.

Can you answer a single question?

I have read through all of your posts on FI.com. You have not answered a single question on these boards. Ever. You can't do it "again" if you never did it once.

Just try 1. I think you'll find it isn't as hard as you think. We'll try an easy one okay? (At least I think it is easy. You might find it more difficult).

I'll even help you out. If you go to a website called www.google.com you can find the answer.

Can you answer a single question?

fischman...

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.

Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one. :laugh:

Now.. can you say the words "furlough" and "contract concession"? Because it won't be long before your union will be facing them. The amount of furloughed pilots will be in direct proportion to how deep and quickly the contract concessions occur. Can your union react quickly enough to avoid furloughs by offering concessions to "spread the pain" amongst all your brethren and save jobs?

fischman...

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.

Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one. :laugh:

Now.. can you say the words "furlough" and "contract concession"? Because it won't be long before your union will be facing them. The amount of furloughed pilots will be in direct proportion to how deep and quickly the contract concessions occur. Can your union react quickly enough to avoid furloughs by offering concessions to "spread the pain" amongst all your brethren and save jobs?

Hmmm.... I think that is an answer. He did use the number 2. Which is a correct answer B19. Good for you! Another answer is 1,000,000 or 3 or 666 (You're familiar with that one aren't you?) :nuts: . They all come after the number 1. I am giving you infinate possibilities of correct numbers.

As to the rest, that is called seniority. If the company needs to furlough, junior guy goes first. That's how the CBA works.

Having a union has nothing to do with a furlough, ive said that before. If there was no union, the same guys would get it. Without a union, the company would have to furlough a lot sooner. Management would be totally killing the company and they would have to blame someone for it. That's the whole reason for having a union, to keep managemnt from destroying the company. Otherwise they would be illegal. So they would furlough the pilots, cause they can. Then drive home in their BMW.

That is undisputable.....sorry.

Having a union has nothing to do with a furlough, ive said that before. If there was no union, the same guys would get it. Without a union, the company would have to furlough a lot sooner. Management would be totally killing the company and they would have to blame someone for it. That's the whole reason for having a union, to keep managemnt from destroying the company. Otherwise they would be illegal. So they would furlough the pilots, cause they can. Then drive home in their BMW.

That is undisputable.....sorry.

Not true. It's well known that DAL was able to stave off bankrupty the longest of any legacy carrier because the company was the least unionized major and was able to adjust easier to the industry changes.

In the end, they still got burned by a union that didn't see the value in keeping the company out of bankruptcy.

again, like i said, management is the problem there. They had to file for bankruptcy protection after management fried the company so thin you could slide it under a vault door. The union had to come in to protect the pilots.

that is a fact and it is undisputable.....sorry.

next?

Not true. It's well known that DAL was able to stave off bankruptcy the longest of any legacy carrier because the company was the least unionized major and was able to adjust easier to the industry changes.

In the end, they still got burned by a union that didn't see the value in keeping the company out of bankruptcy.

When was the last time American declared bankruptcy?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back