For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stick with the Issues...

Well done, counselor. Have you lobbied for a position in the Obama White House? With your ability to side-step, you would be a shoo-in for Press Secretary.

You gotta stick with the issues, and my personal information has nothing to do with the repeated and long term destruction of the labor forces within the aviation and automotive industries by unions.

...and my personal information has nothing to do with the repeated and long term destruction of the labor forces within the aviation and automotive industries by unions.

This statement may or may not be true. The point is you didn't answer fischman's question. So when you unequivocally state that "I answer the questions", you're lying. But, that is what professional wordsmiths do.

Good day, counselor.

Like i said....I think ALL OF YOU need to STFU!

this whole thread needs to die.....along with the other one.

Please Mr. Moderator......make a rules change.....no union or management talk allowed.

Your point being that you ask stupid questions?

(That being a request to give personal information on a public message board?)

That being stated, you've proven your point.

It's a simple question. One I am not afraid to answer.

I work at NetJets. Where do you work?

Are you to much of a COWARD to answer?

...my personal information...

"Where do you work?", is not a personal question when it doesn't involve your name. The fact is that you are being smart not to give a direct answer. You have already previously stated that you are a manager, and that you "sign the checks", so, if you gave an answer of "Flops", all your posts could be construed as an illegal attempt at union busting... but I'm sure you already knew that !

Judge to slap injunction on United pilots union

HOW TO PRE-FLIGHT A BEECHJET

1. Power lever gators (the rubber that keeps stuff from falling into the pedestal) needs to be intact not worn downing item
2. Bonding cables under the spoilerons
3. Top of brake calipers for leaks
4. Plastic conduits for wires for the main gear for fraying and damage
5. Hydraulic lines that go into the pressure switches below the reservoir (mx might try to get you to leave a rag in there for the next flight to check for drips. this is unsafe and illegal) don't even reach in to wipe them (I can't reach them anyway and I have slender long arms)
6. Missing rings/washers on the air stairs, or safety wire, safety wire is not per the BJ MX Manual
7. Nose wheel steering pin for a frayed cable (hazard as it might cut your fingers)(puncture wounds by sharp metal are especially prone to infection)
8. Pitot tubes for worn coating
9. Elevator horn coating (check with control lock installed for more thorough viewing)
10. Door seal channel for damage from door pins
11. Move all pax seats for free movement and locking (check for shoulder harness placards, including the lav seat)
12. All placards (exterior and interior) installed and readable
13. Michelins are installed instead of Goodyear’s, check sidewalls for wear as they are slightly wider and often rub while spinning down in the wells shortly after gear retraction
14. Seat belt extender placards for compatibility with seat belt systems with shoulder harnesses
15. O2 mask microphone function
16. Accumulator window too hazed to see through
17. Broken safety wire on emer gear/door/brake handle
18. Burned out fuel/hyd shutoff valve lights
19. Takeoff pitch trim horn doesn't sound if trim is SLIGHTLY out of the green
20. Takeoff pitch trim horn does sound if trim is BARELY within green.
21. Aileron trims run at different speeds.
22. One aileron trim hesitates partway through full range
23. O2 mask smoke clearing device broken
24. O2 mask weak pressure for inflating halo
25. O2 mask does not stay in cradle.

etc., etc., etc....... blah, blah, blah.....

Like I always say, you guys just keep posting this stuff on public boards and you can just continue to provide evidence of union members taking things into their own hands.

Air carriers are continuing to be successful with court injunctions to stop such behavior.

Judge to slap injunction on United pilots union

Associated Press
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Minneapolis —- A federal judge found that a summer sick-out and work slowdowns by some United Airlines pilots was an illegal job action and said she would issue a preliminary injunction against their union.
United had blamed the sick-outs alone for the cancellation of 329 flights between July 19 and July 27. The nation’s third-largest carrier said that cost it about $8 million in lost revenue and $3.9 million in operating profit.

It also argued that some pilots were carrying more fuel than needed and taking so-called work-to-rule actions, such as refusing to take off in planes with minor mechanical issues that did not require immediate attention under federal rules.
United filed the lawsuit against the union and four individual members on July 30, and announced Monday’s ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Joan H. Lefkow on Tuesday.
The United branch of the Air Line Pilots Association union has been angry over what it says is United’s refusal to reverse concessions they gave in 2003 during United’s bankruptcy reorganization, including 40 percent pay cuts. The union had denied encouraging sick-outs or slowdowns, which are barred by the Railway Labor Act, the labor law governing airline labor relations.
The case required her to parse carefully worded union statements to pilots to figure out whether ALPA leaders were trying to discourage unnecessary use of sick time, as they claimed, or whether they were really sending coded signals to pilots that they should maximize the use of sick time.
It didn’t help that beginning in February the union began including in every update a quote from Sun Tzu’s “The Art of War,” —- that you can fight with a small army as well as a large one, “it is merely a question of instituting signs and signals

Yeah if it wasnt for the PIC being responsible for determining if the plane is airworthy, they would probly win that argument.

The sick out seems to be a slam dunk though.

Simply Stupid

Yeah if it wasnt for the PIC being responsible for determining if the plane is airworthy, they would probly win that argument.

The sick out seems to be a slam dunk though.

The point that I'm trying to make here is that companies are no longer just accepting union behavior on these items.

If you read the article, it states that United filed the lawsuit against the union as well as four specific individuals. Obviously, United has been successful in getting the injunction.

Posting lists like this on a public board is simply stupid, all it does is add evidencethat a write-up campaign exists.

To think that FLOPS won't single out individuals is incorrect. Every time these campaigns happen, pilots think they immune right up until the company shows a year of write-up trends and specific pilots that suddenly are trending 50-75% above the others on the exact same aircraft when previous history shows their write ups to be within the normal pilot group.

When that happens, it's a little hard to explain your way out of it.

There still seems to be a question on the table:

"Mr. B19, who do you work for?"

And just so that does not get caught up in some kind of "I work for the people" kind of answer, how about this:

What is the name of the company that is embossed on your paycheck?

Simple enough.

Hung

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back