• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All this conjecture is great... except for one thing. Management wasn't willing to negotiate and instead stalled for years, and it takes both sides to get a contract done. To get a contract three years ago with MS at the helm, we would have had to start seven years ago or more. You know this to be true, so all this BS about "1108 failed to get it done" is just a pathetic attempt to get people who read this forum to lose faith. It won't work.

As I've said in a different post, the union concept is to ask for the sky and clouds with it, and not give in for anything, then force a strike to get it. That is the traditional method of union negotiation.

The company always wants to get it done, because they really do have better things to do. The company isn't stonewalling, they just aren't willing to cripple the company and destroy it by giving in to unreasonable union demands.

The sooner you understand that, the easier it will be for you to realize how badly 1108 has screwed you by not getting the contract done during good economic times. It's only going to get worse as the economic times slide even more, and every week 1108 waits is just that much less in your pocket and future paychecks.

Just wait till the new tax hikes come in on the incomes of those passengers you carry around everyday. If you think that the market is tight now, wait until the wealthy begin to pay just that much more to see how private aviation is stagnated. 1108 blew the chance at the best possible contract for you, and you'll be lucky to get what you get at the rate they are dragging their feet.

blah blah blah ... The company isn't stonewalling, they just aren't willing to cripple the company and destroy it by giving in to unreasonable union demands ... blah, blah, blah.

If this was true, MS would have made a "comprehensive offer" that didn't still make us the lowest paid pilots... and he would have done it years ago. Stop the lies !

If this was true, MS would have made a "comprehensive offer" that didn't still make us the lowest paid pilots... and he would have done it years ago. Stop the lies !

It doesn't make a difference what the offer is, standard union tactics wouldn't have countered it. They would have said the initial offer was the only thing they would have accepted and it would have been nothing but a waste of time until a mediator got involved.

Ok....

no b19 your wrong there.....go ahead and compare this to a checklist.....

DONE!

44. On battery power only, run your rudder trim from full right to left or visa versa. The rudder must have full travel in less than 64 seconds per the mx manual

Nope, I don't see that one. At least not with those numbers from the MX manual like you claim. We don't even have access to the mx manual, so where do you get this info?

more to come...

44. On battery power only, run your rudder trim from full right to left or visa versa. The rudder must have full travel in less than 64 seconds per the mx manual

Nope, I don't see that one. At least not with those numbers from the MX manual like you claim. We don't even have access to the mx manual, so where do you get this info?

more to come...

I dont know....I dont fly that plane, work at that company or read the mx manual.

im not playing games with you anymore....do whatever ya want kid.

I dont know....I dont fly that plane, work at that company or read the mx manual.

im not playing games with you anymore....do whatever ya want kid.

Games? Kid?
Anyways,
Will somebody please address this that does fly the airplane? This can't be right!

It doesn't make a difference what the offer is, standard union tactics wouldn't have countered it. They would have said the initial offer was the only thing they would have accepted and it would have been nothing but a waste of time until a mediator got involved.

Then why did MS even bother with a more pathetic offer if this tactic was "known"? ... my guess is that he had a bonus tied to settling the contract by a certain date. That deadline he gave us was probably given so he could meet a deadline set by the board for him. Go ahead and tell me I'm very far off on this one.

Of course the deadline could have been to just keep his job, because we all know how that ended!

Then why did MS even bother with a more pathetic offer if this tactic was "known"? ... my guess is that he had a bonus tied to settling the contract by a certain date. That deadline he gave us was probably given so he could meet a deadline set by the board for him. Go ahead and tell me I'm very far off on this one.

Of course the deadline could have been to just keep his job, because we all know how that ended!

There has to be a "good faith" effort going into mediation, just like all the communications everybody whines about. This is standard, run of the mill negotiations.

Three years of turmoil within the pilot group before a contract is even close... that's a huge chunk of your career that could have been spent at a different carrier gaining seniority. If you were smart, you would have known that from the beginning and not wasted your time waiting for the promised land 1108 told you would happen quickly.

There has to be a "good faith" effort going into mediation, just like all the communications everybody whines about. This is standard, run of the mill negotiations.

Three years of turmoil within the pilot group before a contract is even close... that's a huge chunk of your career that could have been spent at a different carrier gaining seniority. If you were smart, you would have known that from the beginning and not wasted your time waiting for the promised land 1108 told you would happen quickly.

All this, and I noticed that you didn't bother to dispute MS's motivation behind making that 11th hour offer.

You will find that B19 has a nasty habit of not EVER answering questions.

Latest resources

Back