• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
993 you might/are probably right about our gutless middle management not being weeded out. I just wonder how Riccie can justify keeping these tainted managers around in light of the philosophies he espouses in his highly touted book. None of us could ever trust most of these managers, so how does Riccie ever build his management built on trust?

Because those managers are a lot more trusted than ANY union.

Ummm... So. There's absolutly no way there can be happy emplyees or a successful company without a union? And management is always wrong and always against the employee? Is that that basis of what you're saying?
If you think that, you're unbelieveable but a good example of one who's stuck on a dogmatic principle of the way things should be and suffers from the inherent limitations of this narrow way of thinking. Kinda like religion, but I digress...
Where as, I have admitted that the need for a union has existed and may still in some instances, but you folks have never entertained an idea other that a union.
Typical.

These are the same pilots that would never step into managment. They haven't the courage to take their careers into their own hands, why would they step forward and apply or attempt to fix problems from the inside? That's too much responsibility and too much work. It's easier to blackmail the company with a union and let others do the work.

You obviously are in management because no self respecting profisional member of OUR pilot group would ever suggest that one of Our fellows would do somthing that was a federal crime.

What a MOORON you are.

And while I'm at it,,,,,

“unions were needed. A long time ago when companies were run by corrupt, greedy people that expected a lot of production out of under paid employees that were working in very poor working conditions. But times are different now and a company run like that will fail in the market - collapsing under the weight of the greed and corruption.”

You must be talking about a long time ago like 4 months ago when we were still managed by two very over paid complete idiots, that expected us to continue to keep this company growing while they paid us half of industry, while cutting back on our quality of hotels, crew meals, travel, adding ridiculous standby requirements, getting rid of our domiciles causing our pilots to uproot their families, tripling the cost of health insurance. Had these two idiots been allowed to remain in control of Options we surly would have gone under. These abuses are the exact reason that we now have a Union at Options and they weren’t here as long ago as you suggest. We have a window of hope now with new management that the lunacy of the past 5 years will be recognized and corrected, a contract will finally be completed, and this company will get back on the road to growth. But even if all those things happen it still does not eliminate the original motivations and need for a Union and a contract. Tomorrow our new management could be gone and the same dumb a$$ that just about destroyed us could be back to finish the job.

You are lucky you have a job.

“Now, unions are used by people that are a bit lazy, expecting a hand out, want someone else to be responsible for their career, and expect to "just have" respect, not earn it.”

I’ve been around from the beginning and helped build this company from the ground, many of us have. I have watch Options go through all of the gyrations it has to get where we are today. I have not heard of one single thing that our Union is negotiating for that is unreasonable or a hand out.

Then why is the contract not finished? What is reasonable for you is clearly not reasonable for the company.

WE as a group have taken responsibility for our future by electing Union representation and achieving a contract with protections from non professional small minded management types like you.

And 1108 has clearly failed. Taking responsiblity of your career would have been to have gotten out of there while the "gettin' was good" and not trying to force a contract down the throat of a company that clearly did not want a union on the property. Three years is a long time.

As far as respect goes, there is no one in management that most of us would give a damn about having their respect. The respect of my fellow pilots for my professional abilities is far more valuable than that of bunch of a$$ sucking sycophants.

"If you look at the performance of FO over that last few years, the positive movement is due to dedicated employees (pilots too), and management that doesn't want the place to fail."

Management has run this company into the ground over the past few years. What planet have you been living on? The only one that could have made such a statement as you have here is clearly management trying to distance yourself from the complete failure you have been. Every failure, every problem, and God forbid if it happens, the company failure is and has clearly been the result of incompetent management. I hope you are proud to be one of them.

Like I said, new management, Riccie, has a window to recognize and do what needs to be done to save Options. The only question is can and will he.

1108 has failed miserably for three years now. The ecomomy is in the process of biting the dust, and the union mongers want raises.

If 1108 had gotten it done three years ago things might be different, but they sold you a line of crap they couldn't live up to.

Now you are stuck with what you asked for.

HOW TO PRE-FLIGHT A BEECHJET

1. Power lever gators (the rubber that keeps stuff from falling into the pedestal) needs to be intact not worn downing item
2. Bonding cables under the spoilerons
3. Top of brake calipers for leaks
4. Plastic conduits for wires for the main gear for fraying and damage
5. Hydraulic lines that go into the pressure switches below the reservoir (mx might try to get you to leave a rag in there for the next flight to check for drips. this is unsafe and illegal) don't even reach in to wipe them (I can't reach them anyway and I have slender long arms)
6. Missing rings/washers on the air stairs, or safety wire, safety wire is not per the BJ MX Manual
7. Nose wheel steering pin for a frayed cable (hazard as it might cut your fingers)(puncture wounds by sharp metal are especially prone to infection)
8. Pitot tubes for worn coating
9. Elevator horn coating (check with control lock installed for more thorough viewing)
10. Door seal channel for damage from door pins
11. Move all pax seats for free movement and locking (check for shoulder harness placards, including the lav seat)
12. All placards (exterior and interior) installed and readable
13. Michelins are installed instead of Goodyear’s, check sidewalls for wear as they are slightly wider and often rub while spinning down in the wells shortly after gear retraction
14. Seat belt extender placards for compatibility with seat belt systems with shoulder harnesses
15. O2 mask microphone function
16. Accumulator window too hazed to see through
17. Broken safety wire on emer gear/door/brake handle
18. Burned out fuel/hyd shutoff valve lights
19. Takeoff pitch trim horn doesn't sound if trim is SLIGHTLY out of the green
20. Takeoff pitch trim horn does sound if trim is BARELY within green.
21. Aileron trims run at different speeds.
22. One aileron trim hesitates partway through full range
23. O2 mask smoke clearing device broken
24. O2 mask weak pressure for inflating halo
25. O2 mask does not stay in cradle.
26. Smoke goggles too scratched/dirty to see safely.
27. Smoke goggles cover(s) missing/damaged.
28. Check for slippage on the engine inlet screws
29. Static and pitot drains are closed
30. Fire extinguisher properly charged
31. Cockpit trim indicator agrees w/ trim position marking on vertical stab
32. Cracked static wicks can be hard to spot without a gentle tug
33. Non-LED rear nav lights have a short lifespan
34. Drain holes under horizontal stab are clear
35. bonding cables under the spoilerons
36. Allowed, two degree's of roll per second when selecting flaps 10
37. Missing LED's on the clocks (No IFR)
38. Check the knife valve on the crapper. It is MEL-able, but a real live mechanic must come out and disconnect the electrical
39. Missing screws around the access panels ... found one plane missing 28!!!
40. Feed back from the hand held mikes. It’s a no no
41. Foil coated Fire retardant blankets in the main landing gear wells. Torn, punctured or missing the foil coating? This is a downing item according to QA. Not MDL’able
42. Engage the autopilot prior to doing the stall test. When the stick shaker comes on, it MUST also disconnect the autopilot.
43. Run your elevator trim full down and full up. If the needle pass the RED limit marks ... broke
44. On battery power only, run your rudder trim from full right to left or visa versa. The rudder must have full travel in less than 64 seconds per the mx manual
45. When selecting flaps 30, be sure they indicate 30, not 29 not 31 ... can you tell me what REF is for a flaps 29 or 31 approach
46. Big Dents under the door from stair malfunction. Must be measured with a caliper, That area is pressurized
47. Nose strut bottoming or bouncing on taxi, nose strut to low
48. Main door handle. If it lifts up without pressing the red button your done
49. Cabin door closed, the "Red" markings for the door pins must be "Completely Covered". This is listed in the AFM
50. All of this because, SAFETY, SERVICE, AND PROFITABILITY

Oh yeah and just a reminder, we are still the lowest paid fractional pilots out there, how about that crew meal policy now?[/quote]

You forgot the last item on the list, the court injunction by the judge who used posts like this as evidence to prove the willful slowdown of the airline by union members:

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

That's the checklist that ends with the pounding of a gavel? :smash:
lol you need to get a clue....go look in ANY flightsaftey book for ANY aircraft. They tell the same stuff, what is correct and what aint.

I can't believe you suggest that these things go overlooked. Glad I dont work for you.

This isnt a debate or a matter of opinion.

end of discussion.....bye

Failed ???

1108 has failed miserably for three years now. . .

It is only when you are done trying that you have failed. The 1108 has not failed, because they have not given up, and they won't. The 1108 and Flops will either succeed together, or fail together. The choice is up to management.

I sure hope they choose to succeed.

It is only when you are done trying that you have failed. The 1108 has not failed, because they have not given up, and they won't. The 1108 and Flops will either succeed together, or fail together. The choice is up to management.

I sure hope they choose to succeed.

If they had worked with the company when economic times were good, you would have had a better chance at a decent contract.

Do to the current economic climate ANYTHING you get for a contract now will be a failure by comparison to what they could have done 3 years ago.

A "conservative" first contract three years ago would have been better than "the best we can do today" contract of today.

1108 failed to get it done.

If they had worked with the company when economic times were good, you would have had a better chance at a decent contract.

Do to the current economic climate ANYTHING you get for a contract now will be a failure by comparison to what they could have done 3 years ago.

A "conservative" first contract three years ago would have been better than "the best we can do today" contract of today.

1108 failed to get it done.

All this conjecture is great... except for one thing. Management wasn't willing to negotiate and instead stalled for years, and it takes both sides to get a contract done. To get a contract three years ago with MS at the helm, we would have had to start seven years ago or more. You know this to be true, so all this BS about "1108 failed to get it done" is just a pathetic attempt to get people who read this forum to lose faith. It won't work.

Latest resources

Back