For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Source? God, I hope that isn't true.

fraid it's true fishman. any bets on how long untill they are bankrupt and atlantic takes them over? I know it will be minimum uplift for me at siggy

That sucks.

I just downed a NetJets plane last week for a minor item, at an airport without our maintenance personnel. A strip of emergency exit lights was burned out, and the MEL doesn't give us relief from a whole strip being out. I suppose we could have just ignored it; I mean, after all, what are the odds we'll really need them? :rolleyes:

I didn't do it because we're in contract negotiations -- we aren't.

I didn't do it to screw our share owner -- quite the opposite.

I wrote it up because it was broken, and was a required piece of equipment to operate the airplane safely. And I agree with that and will not dispute what you did as I would do the same.

Are you suggesting a less-than-thorough preflight, contract negotiations or not? No, but flying an airplane one leg -THEN- doing a "detailed" preflight in the midst of contract negotiations just to break it at K-nowhere is what I disagree with. IT DOES HAPPEN.

I guess I can't say it enough: Airplane break when/where they break. Don't ignore safety of flight issues. Also, don't micro-preflight with the union devil sitting on your shoulder, you never know who's watching...

Back to the list. Nobody has explained why the list isn't emailed to BJ crews on the company email. That would prove that the intent is safety, not as an operation stalling tactic. You people are failing here!

I guess I can't say it enough: Airplane break when/where they break. Don't ignore safety of flight issues. Also, don't micro-preflight with the union devil sitting on your shoulder, you never know who's watching...

Back to the list. Nobody has explained why the list isn't emailed to BJ crews on the company email. That would prove that the intent is safety, not as an operation stalling tactic. You people are failing here!

That is contradictory. You can't have both. Do a thorough preflight or ignore safety.

Still. You miss the point. I see the pre-flight thoroughness very as negotiations very. That should not happen. A preflight should stay the same - always with safety in mind.
But the list posted here, encourages a pre-flight beyond what's require for safe flight just to stall the operation. If not, send it out on company email. But I bet you won't address this because I'm right.

Still. You miss the point. I see the pre-flight thoroughness very as negotiations very. That should not happen. A preflight should stay the same - always with safety in mind.
But the list posted here, encourages a pre-flight beyond what's require for safe flight just to stall the operation. If not, send it out on company email. But I bet you won't address this because I'm right.
Still. YOU miss the point.

THIS is contradictory. YOU CAN NOT HAVE BOTH. At what point is it "beyond what's required for safe flight?" Isn't the up to the PIC?

That is contradictory. You can't have both. Do a thorough preflight or ignore safety.

As long as lists are posted on message boards to instruct union membership on items that are specific problem areas above and beyond that of what you are taught in in initial or recurrent, there will be courts stepping in and using those lists as proof of a designed and coordinated effort by union membership to slow down the operation. Every write up can be trended. Lists such as the one here can be matched up to the trending and provides evidence leading to court injunction.

Keep posting these folks... love to see them.

As long as lists are posted on message boards to instruct union membership on items that are specific problem areas above and beyond that of what you are taught in in initial or recurrent, there will be courts stepping in and using those lists as proof of a designed and coordinated effort by union membership to slow down the operation. Every write up can be trended. Lists such as the one here can be matched up to the trending and provides evidence leading to court injunction.

Keep posting these folks... love to see them.

This is proof of nothing. It is not an official union message. It is a pilot posting items to watch out for on preflight. It will mean nothing in a court of law.

At what point is a broken item to be ignored? BROKEN IS BROKEN. Sharing safety information is just being professional, and possibly saves lives. You wouldn't understand. You're just a pencil pusher. Leave the flying up to the professionals, and go ahead and keep thinking you are important.

Latest resources

Back