• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flopsions Management....Corupt Third World Mentality

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think like his name implies, he's neither. Just middle of the road and hates the extremes of both sides. But a solution that's not either extreme would be interesting to hear albeit extreme in itself...

You seem to keep forgetting that FLOPtions Management invited the Union on to the property. This is what happens when a workforce is backed into a corner by sh!t management.

It never ceases to amaze me. A person or persons get an idea to start an airline, create jobs and hire pilots. At some point, these pilots think they are smarter than those that started the company and bring a union in to stand up for their “rights.”

When the original person, (the originator of the company, aka management) sets the standard and fights the union because it could jeopardize the well being of the company, pilots start a “legal” campaign of detailed preflights, etc to slow said company down and point out the flaws. This process costs the company money and creates ill will amongst all employees within the company.

However, when said management stands their ground against this union that wasn’t invited in (and is only there because a particular faction of pilots feels that they don’t get their fair share of what the original idea maker is willing to give them) the union members are slighted.

It’s OK to cause delays and make all the other employees lives miserable by going by their interpretation of “the book” on preflights, duty-rest, sick time, etc., but when management uses company rules (aka “the book”) to discipline pilots, management is now evil. It’s a two way street folks.

Union leadership must have told you that employees may lose their jobs and careers in the process of bringing a union on to the property. Just like they should tell you that if you go on strike, your union strike benefits won’t cover the cost of cobra health insurance for your family. The process is continued pain for all sides.

There is never peace and harmony for long periods of time because the CBA is always under scrutiny and in various forms of negotiation.

Be careful what you ask for.

www.unionfacts.com

It never ceases to amaze me. A person or persons get an idea to start an airline, create jobs and hire pilots. At some point, these pilots think they are smarter than those that started the company and bring a union in to stand up for their “rights.”

When the original person, (the originator of the company, aka management) sets the standard and fights the union because it could jeopardize the well being of the company, pilots start a “legal” campaign of detailed preflights, etc to slow said company down and point out the flaws. This process costs the company money and creates ill will amongst all employees within the company.

However, when said management stands their ground against this union that wasn’t invited in (and is only there because a particular faction of pilots feels that they don’t get their fair share of what the original idea maker is willing to give them) the union members are slighted.

It’s OK to cause delays and make all the other employees lives miserable by going by their interpretation of “the book” on preflights, duty-rest, sick time, etc., but when management uses company rules (aka “the book”) to discipline pilots, management is now evil. It’s a two way street folks.

Union leadership must have told you that employees may lose their jobs and careers in the process of bringing a union on to the property.
Just like they should tell you that if you go on strike, your union strike benefits won’t cover the cost of cobra health insurance for your family. The process is continued pain for all sides.

There is never peace and harmony for long periods of time because the CBA is always under scrutiny and in various forms of negotiation.

www.unionfacts.comhttp://www.unionfacts.comhttp://www.unionfacts.com

And who Fired these said pilots? Union....uh...no

MANAGEMENT DID which is

YOU

B1.9"

csfdvsd

When the original person, (the originator of the company, aka management) sets the standard and fights the union because it could jeopardize the well being of the company, (B19-How does a union jeapordize the well being of the company? NJ must be going downhill fast) pilots start a “legal” campaign of detailed preflights, etc to slow said company down and point out the flaws. This process costs the company money and creates ill will amongst all employees within the company. (Isn't the ill will there already?, that's why the union is now there.)

However, when said management stands their ground against this union that wasn’t invited in (They are invited in. In fact, voted in. Democracy at it's best) (and is only there because a particular faction of pilots feels that they don’t get their fair share of what the original idea maker is willing to give them) the union members are slighted.

Union leadership must have told you that employees may lose their jobs and careers in the process of bringing a union on to the property. Just like they should tell you that if you go on strike, your union strike benefits won’t cover the cost of cobra health insurance for your family. The process is continued pain for all sides. (Dude, you're a f$cking parrot. You just keep repeating the same old pathetic lines. They get it that the dues don't cover cobra. Get something new will ya.)

There is never peace and harmony for long periods of time because the CBA is always under scrutiny and in various forms of negotiation. (I bet those over at NJ must be hating life without their peace and harmony. Those poor guys. They better get the 1108 out of there fast. They've ruined their lives! You know what those 1108 bastards did!? They went and got them the highest salaries in the biz, 100% paid health insurance premiums, livable working conditions, set the bar for qaulity of life on the road, decent hotels, paid web access, free breakfasts, overtime after 12 hours of duty, overtime before 8am day 1, thence-overtime after 9 hrs of duty, 2 days of overtime after midnight day 7. Oh yeah, 7 day work weeks, not 8. Oh the inhumanity!)

Be careful what you ask for. (Thanks for the headsup. Whew. You hear that FLOPS?, you better get the 1108 out of there ASAP! They're going to ruin your lives!)

www.unionfacts.com

Last edited:
(I bet those over at NJ must be hating life without their peace and harmony. Those poor guys. They better get the 1108 out of there fast. They've ruined their lives! You know what those 1108 bastards did!? They went and got them the highest salaries in the biz, 100% paid health insurance premiums, livable working conditions, set the bar for qaulity of life on the road, decent hotels, paid web access, free breakfasts, overtime after 12 hours of duty, 2 days of overtime paid after midnight day 7. Oh yeah 7 days work weeks, not 8. Oh the inhumanity!)

You apparently have a short memory about "Industry leading contracts"

Remember "United plus $1"?

Two years later, all the carriers were either in bankruptcy or on the edge of it.

"United Plus $1" led to massive furloughs, concessions and industry downsizing for all the legacy carriers

(The industry doesn't consider Southwest a legacy because they only fly domestic)

And before you go with this stupid blame it on management crap, all the legacy management that gave record profits and contracts between 1996 and 2000 didn't all take a universal "stupid pill" at the same time causing the industry to tank. The failing ecomomy with the massive labor contracts they were railroaded into caused that.

The NJ guys should enjoy it while they've got it. If it holds up, good for them. If the economy doesn't though, the turmoil will far exceed the happiness they have now.

Just ask any USAir, Delta, United or American pilot about the fun once the bar is set high and the carriers can no longer support it. They are the living, walking and breathing evidence.

Past careing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish RakeFight
Sorry to hear about your pal Surfer. That's a real raw deal for him.

A good reason not to reveal who you are or where you work on these message boards. Especially from anectodotes which can reveal your identity. I know I have surmised who some posters are by their comments.

You're right that you should conceal you identity form Floptions management. They are firing pilots for far less then exposing just how crappy they really are. But to be honest I'm past caring. I've gotten to the point where I'm in this fight 110 % and I will do what ever is necessary to kick management in the teeth every chance I get until we have a contract.
------------------------
You just don't get it...he's saying (in a much nicer manner than I did/would that you made that decision for someone ELSE and not only jeopardized, but had a hand in mgt ENDING another poor sap's CAREER...not YOURS!

No Clue

Past careing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish RakeFight
Sorry to hear about your pal Surfer. That's a real raw deal for him.

A good reason not to reveal who you are or where you work on these message boards. Especially from anectodotes which can reveal your identity. I know I have surmised who some posters are by their comments.

------------------------
You just don't get it...he's saying (in a much nicer manner than I did/would that you made that decision for someone ELSE and not only jeopardized, but had a hand in mgt ENDING another poor sap's CAREER...not YOURS!

Again dude you have no clue what you are speaking about and continue to show just how disconnected you are from what is going on at Floptions. My post had nothing to do with what management did regarding Jeff nor did I provide any information that management has not had for weeks. As usual your post are inaccurate and irrelevant.

If you knew the facts-you would know that said pilot was on admin leave before Surfer posted this.

You said FLOPS is a CAREER. Ha-that was a good one.

WHAT IS A JOB?
Technically, a job is defined as anything that has to be done, as the action of completing a task or duty. In the employment world, a job can also be considered that which provides income to meet basic needs. It gets you out of the house and provides an opportunity to contribute in society. A job does not necessarily make you want to get up in the morning, take an interest in what you do, or provide you with fulfillment. A job provides the basics ? cash and an activity.

WHAT IS A CAREER?
A career, on the other hand, is technically defined as a profession or vocation that is pursued as life work. A career does meet the basic definition for a job since it can also provide cash and an activity. However, a career is more than income and benefits. It can also provide opportunities for advancement, allow you to challenge yourself and nurture your personal growth, and provide intrinsic satisfaction with what you do.

Which one does a FLOPS pilot more resemble...

It never ceases to amaze me. A person or persons get an idea to start an airline, create jobs and hire pilots. At some point, these pilots think they are smarter than those that started the company and bring a union in to stand up for their “rights.” A person is not smart because they start a business. Pilots are statistically intelligent and well educated, and in many cases have more education than the trust fund morons that run businesses (management).

When the original person, (the originator of the company, aka management) sets the standard and fights the union because it could jeopardize the well being of the company, pilots start a “legal” campaign of detailed preflights, I'm sure you're not advocating that we do anything less than a detailed preflight? I've made my feelings on this point clear in the past. I suggest you re-read them and learn something. etc to slow said company down and point out the flaws. This process costs the company money and creates ill will amongst all employees within the company. Unless management is willing to learn that there is sometimes a better way to do business and listens to it's employees.

It’s OK to cause delays and make all the other employees lives miserable by going by their interpretation of “the book” on preflights, duty-rest, sick time, etc., but when management uses company rules (aka “the book”) to discipline pilots, management is now evil. It’s a two way street folks. Yes it is. And if you follow those books to the letter, you'll never get fired will you?

Union leadership must have told you that employees may lose their jobs and careers in the process of bringing a union on to the property. Just like they should tell you that if you go on strike, your union strike benefits won’t cover the cost of cobra health insurance for your family. yawn...The process is continued pain for all sides.

There is never peace and harmony for long periods of time because the CBA is always under scrutiny and in various forms of negotiation. That is why it is important for the company and the union to have a good working relationship, like the 1108 and NJA enjoy.

www.unionfacts.com A joke for a website.

You apparently have a short memory about "Industry leading contracts"

Remember "United plus $1"?

Two years later, all the carriers were either in bankruptcy or on the edge of it.

"United Plus $1" led to massive furloughs, concessions and industry downsizing for all the legacy carriers

(The industry doesn't consider Southwest a legacy because they only fly domestic)

And before you go with this stupid blame it on management crap, all the legacy management that gave record profits and contracts between 1996 and 2000 didn't all take a universal "stupid pill" at the same time causing the industry to tank. The failing ecomomy with the massive labor contracts they were railroaded into caused that.

The NJ guys should enjoy it while they've got it. If it holds up, good for them. If the economy doesn't though, the turmoil will far exceed the happiness they have now.

Just ask any USAir, Delta, United or American pilot about the fun once the bar is set high and the carriers can no longer support it. They are the living, walking and breathing evidence.

Learn this. WE ARE NOT AN AIRLINE.

Latest resources

Back