Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess I'm imagining things from the NJ gas 200/barrel thread on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Grump
I said this back in 2005 about the nature of business and it being in our (NJA's) best interest to drive Flex, CS, and FO out of business. Stand by for the bleeding hearts to whine about how it's bad to do that because pilots would lose their jobs. Boo hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastofThousands
Now NetJets will need to aggressively go after XO Jet.

...and imagining the SEVERAL organizers that claimed a year ago we'd have a contract as good as NJs one minute, and going there 30 seconds later. Don't give me your circular talk / turnaround/ diversionary/ management stooge henchmen BS, ...get a new script, not in the mood

Your early on anti-union and anti 1108 rhetoric is as causal as anything. Instead of waiting a contract to arrive on a silver platter courtesy of 1108 had you gone out and done something about it, things might have been different. IBT 1108 NJA went from nothing to lots in about a year. How long have you been at it? I sat next to one of your pilots once on an airline flight about 9 months ago. He told me with straight face that "FLOPS were going to get what NJA has because I have met Bob Tyler and he is a really good guy and will give it to us". Guess he needs some educating huh?

Your comments from Ultra Grump and Cast of Thousands are out of context and cannot be interpreted as IBT 1108 leaddrship policy - nice try though. Like I said, you have no idea what the leadership of IBT 1108 says, does, or is committed to going forward. Same with NJASAP

Calling me a management stooge pretty funny. Nice diversion from reality. Frankly, I could not care less what mood you are in - it is not relevant to anything.

Voice of reason.

First, I want to wish you and all FLOPS pilots the BEST of luck, one of my dearest friends in the world just got fired. One of the top unions guys, his name is irrelevant.

But don't blame NetJets for your company's failures, your managers are a bunch of f***kups. If NJ gets a chance to kill off FLOPS, our CEO will probably do it, and if things were the opposite, I'm 110% sure your CEO would do the same. This is a COMPETITIVE business....

VOR

Truly sorry to hear about what's going on at FLOPs. Just so you know, there is already a long thread on the NJASAP site about this and many offers of monetary support to our brothers at FLOPs. Quite a few guys are ready to don their uniforms and grab some picket signs for a show of strength at Cayahoga.

I'm sorry you feel you were duped by the NJA pilot group. We are still IBT. And even if we weren't, you can expect help from this quarter.

Hang in there. And direct your anger at those who deserve it, the management stooges who think that they can act like this without consequences.

Thanks for the kind support, but what most of us need is a good job. Got anyone who can help get me another interview with NJA?

Guess I'm imagining things from the NJ gas 200/barrel thread on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Grump
I said this back in 2005 about the nature of business and it being in our (NJA's) best interest to drive Flex, CS, and FO out of business. Stand by for the bleeding hearts to whine about how it's bad to do that because pilots would lose their jobs. Boo hoo. I have no doubt that I'm one of the "bleeding hearts" UG referred to. I missed that post. Had I read it then, I would have objected and told the board that UG isn't a Union leader and doesn't speak for them. His opinion is his own and is contrary to leadership posts on the NJ board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastofThousands
Now NetJets will need to aggressively go after XO Jet. Here's the other half of that quote that was made in an economic discussion referring to NJA's ability to compete with a company that has made no secret about wanting to take away NJA business: "Look for NetJets to make a move such as no ferry fees from UAE to UK." Caveo is right that the quote was taken out of context. It had nothing at all to do with Union pilots helping one another and is in no way related to the spurious accusation made by Voice.

In regards to UG's misguided opinion. It would be bad for the pilots to work for a company that faced no competition in its industry. Such dominance often breeds an arrogance that results in a take-it-or-leave-it attitude toward salaries. The posts I read (and the conversations I have) with NJ Union leaders and volunteers discussing industry competition focuses on the positive aspect of providing excellent service that results in brand loyalty. The NJ pilots I know want to be proud of their efforts--not ashamed. NJ 1108 and NJASAP leaders concentrate on Union building and improving their company--not destroying the career of fellow pilots.

Voice of reason.

First, I want to wish you and all FLOPS pilots the BEST of luck, one of my dearest friends in the world just got fired. One of the top unions guys, his name is irrelevant.

But don't blame NetJets for your company's failures, your managers are a bunch of f***kups. If NJ gets a chance to kill off FLOPS, our CEO will probably do it, and if things were the opposite, I'm 110% sure your CEO would do the same. This is a COMPETITIVE business....

If it wasn't for the support of NJ we would have NEVER gotten this far. This is by far the sentiment of most FLOPs pilots.

NJ doesn't have to 'kill off ' FLOPs, our management is doing it all by themselves.

All right VOR, simmer down. I know you want to lash out right now, hell I would too.

NJA has a history of riding in and interviewing/hiring furloughed pilots (Midway, Indy, and a couple of others), so go mix a stiff one, blow off some steam, and remember the vast majority of us support you.

Give this time to play out. Like someone said above, it may be for the best in the end?

Flops mngmt sinks low

I think this is an attempt to reel in the pilots from flying legally. They want pilots to fly unsafe airplanes for 15 hrs a day while trying to get rest in crappy hotels.
The sad thing is, it Will probably work on quite a few pilots. Most off the pilots fired will be forgotten If the union is unable to help them. I am not sure they can.

VOR, hate to break the news to you, but FO's is not competition for NJA. FO is to damn small. Nobody wants to see anyone lose their job. Don't blame NJA for the mistakes made at FO. I've been at both places, and FO never had the solidarity that was needed. Best of luck to everyone at FO.

VOR - First, I get the impression that you really like to see your words in type. Fully half of the posts in this thread are from you, and at least once, you quoted yourself for no good reason. You've got issues, bud.
I wonder if our "brothers" at NJ will offer their 'altruistic' helping hand now to those fired....or is their job done now that Flops is all but dead? ...
What, exactly, would you like us to do? People are sending money and offering to suit up and walk informational picket lines with you. What more do you want?
Now that we'll be gone, NJA mgt can go back to setting the scene for taking everything away in the next negotiation, and everyone will be back to square one.
Sorry bro, but if you're gone, so is the anchor dragging down salaries in the fractional industry. EVERYONE pays more than Options. Your argument doesn't wash.

You can keep throwing my quote up there, out of context all you want. It doesn't change the basic fact that all businesses are in competition with others in their industry. In competition, by definition there will be winners and losers. The winners survive, the losers shrivel up and die. Which one is Flight Options, do you think?

It amazes me that you seem to think you know the inner thoughts and desires of the NJA union leadership (which I've never claimed nor pretended to be), yet you don't seem to have a clue what's going on in your own house. :rolleyes:

NJW - "misguided?" Seriously? So we should do our best to keep lousy operators with crappy pay in business, to what end? Simply to keep pilots employed? BS. It is unfortunate that the FO management couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack, but that's not my problem. MY problem is doing the best job I can for MY company so that MY company remains the leader, and hopefully drives some of the competition out of business. If it happens to be the bottom-feeder of the industry, then that's for the better for the rest of us.

It sucks that people are losing their jobs. The real travesty here is that they're doing it out of seniority at a union shop.

Latest resources

Back