Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes I was told that CGF will be shut down as a Mx facility due to the short runway and difficulty in operations in and out of there. With over 130 office staff gone.

I was also told that Rick F the training director also was fired. So much for working with the management and trying to BS the pilots during his DAL meetings.

You know...they will make it like the pilots "did this," while they play their little games with Cuyahoga County because the residents didn't want the runway extension. Funny they claimed it would be 10 years before they were going to start on that....Now it is an immediate problem for some reason.

I wonder what the stats are on term'd employees that are residents of Cuy Co. See what you did to your community you bad people??? :crying: Now give us 10 billion so we stay here, and we'll hire 200 more of your residents at min wage.

Argh. Paybacks to the county and the bad pilots. 130 office staff gone? Doors are closing. I know we were ridiculously overstaffed in office jobs, but 130? I hope the blogger got to keep her job. Gotta love a blog that gets paid to lift ideas from the SWA blog and block ALL comments. (search Ms. hyphen name on google thanking the SWA blogger for their ideas. Nice to get paid for that).

Go back to your f$h desk Voice

Ever wonder why voice's spelling is always so grammaticaly correct. Hmmmmm come to think of it lawyers are good spellers. Hmmmmmm I wonder who started this thread. Hmmmmmm I wonder how the fools running this ship sleep at night. Voice is lawyer for f$h, B-19 is a scab pilot hacking expilot working for f$h, and scheeringa won the labor battle and lost the copmany. Congratulations my airplane ain't movin nomore. You boys better hire a lot more lawyers, you're going to need them. Like I told you before Voice, six months or less.

Ever wonder why voice's spelling is always so grammaticaly correct. Hmmmmm come to think of it lawyers are good spellers. Hmmmmmm I wonder who started this thread. Hmmmmmm I wonder how the fools running this ship sleep at night. Voice is lawyer for f$h, B-19 is a scab pilot hacking expilot working for f$h, and scheeringa won the labor battle and lost the copmany. Congratulations my airplane ain't movin nomore. You boys better hire a lot more lawyers, you're going to need them. Like I told you before Voice, six months or less.

WTF are you EVEN talking about crazy person????!!!!!!!!!! What illiterate village do you come from, where no one has a grasp of the English language but ambulance chasers? Crazy dolt.:nuts:
"Like I told you before..."? Yet another dumb@$$ who can't keep the posters they flame straight.
...make that crazy TROLL/flamebait child.
http://forums.flightinfo.com/search.php?searchid=1793129
Guess you get added to the famous B-19/NJW/Captdad/skanza ignore troll list. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
I notice the website still says Phenoms coming next year. Since there were no layoffs (just terms) I wonder how low the pay will be for THOSE new hires? I envision an all light jet excessively LOW TIME pilot fleet. ESP the BJs that KRs new business will suck out $$$ to modify. Anyone who hires on now would be nuts. Look how many new hires they already canned right after hire. No sense leaving another job in this economy to a place that will lie to get you in then fire you anyway.

Last edited:
I wonder if our "brothers" at NJ will offer their 'altruistic' helping hand now to those fired....or is their job done now that Flops is all but dead?

While I am a supporter of OUR union (FLOPS IBT), it always has been my belief that their out of the blue newfound brotherhood in the beginning of this process and beyond was to accomplish this exact end. Ever have a NJA pilot be as "kind" on the road before they decided to get us so "close"?

I feel we have been victims of gross mismanagement AND competitive BS. Now suddenly they leave IBT, and several key "organizers" go there. Job done I guess.

Thank you to those who stuck around and were likely unwittingly duped. I have full faith in those officers still here, but no doubt that the past was a matter of keeping "Friends close and enemies closer" with the NJA involvement.

Think about it? What POSSIBLE advantage was it for them?

This nightmare and company has very little left now, I am sure.

Now that we'll be gone, NJA mgt can go back to setting the scene for taking everything away in the next negotiation, and everyone will be back to square one.

What a bad f'ing trip.

Pure unadulterated crap. I can surely understand your desire to lay the hostility of the moment on anyone in arms reach but to say that the leadership and the pilot group on whole of IBT 1108 NJA is complicit in the process to bring down FLOPS is completely without merit and irrational. You do not have one shred of evidence to support such an outlandish claim nor will you find any because it is absolutely not true and there is no evidence.

IBT 1108 NJA stepped up to help because of the recognition of brothers and sisters in need and the recognition that is in everyone's best interest to unionize all the fractional carriers. With half or less of the pilots at FLOPS paying dues of any kind, it is NJA pilots dues that gave FLOPS pilots a chance even in the face of the gross mismanagement of FLOPS.

You have absolutely no insight in to the leadership discussions of IBT 1108 so you have zero credibility to make such claims. You have absolutely no idea of the leadership discussions of NJASAP in support of IBT 1108 FLOPS so you have zero credibility to make such a claim.

Raytheon sold you out when they sold to HIG. What did you expect from a private equity firm? They are in the business to make a quick buck and not build a long term customer service oriented business with a top end reputation. Faced with huge losses, do you really think that HIG was not going to act and tell the worthless managers at FLOPS to make these huge cuts happen? How in your silly scenario do you justify the non-pilot layoffs too?

You follow right footsteps of B-19 and his moronic prose when make unfounded argument and no factual evidence to support your silly claims.

Guess I'm imagining things from the NJ gas 200/barrel thread on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Grump
I said this back in 2005 about the nature of business and it being in our (NJA's) best interest to drive Flex, CS, and FO out of business. Stand by for the bleeding hearts to whine about how it's bad to do that because pilots would lose their jobs. Boo hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastofThousands
Now NetJets will need to aggressively go after XO Jet.

...and imagining the SEVERAL organizers that claimed a year ago we'd have a contract as good as NJs one minute, and going there 30 seconds later. Don't give me your circular talk / turnaround/ diversionary/ management stooge henchmen BS, ...get a new script, not in the mood

Last edited:
I wonder if our "brothers" at NJ will offer their 'altruistic' helping hand now to those fired....or is their job done now that Flops is all but dead? What a horrible, unjustified thing to say! An NJASAP director was very quick to post on the NJ board asking pilots to offer their support out on the road. I think that support would have been forthcoming anyway as soon as the NJ pilots heard.

While I am a supporter of OUR union (FLOPS IBT), it always has been my belief that their out of the blue newfound brotherhood in the beginning of this process and beyond was to accomplish this exact end. A paranoid remark not grounded in reality. I know the organizers that worked with Options and they volunteer their free time out of concern for their peers and a strong belief in the right to work under a contract. BW is a former Options pilot himself and has long been involved in the unionization effort there. There was nothing "out of the blue" about the 1108 NJ leadership assistance. Those pilots had to get their "own house" in order first, and as it was, there were NJ pilots who worried about 1108 taking on too many projects at the time. I have read posts on the NJ board and talked to NJ pilots who have genuine sympathy for the plight of the Options pilots. And the regulars posting here know that my support has been there all along even while the NJ pilots were involved in their own contract battle. Ever have a NJA pilot be as "kind" on the road before they decided to get us so "close"? Perhaps they thought they didn't have any advice and encouragement to offer before they were successful at the bargaining table? Maybe they were distracted by their own situation before it was resolved? Maybe their own success gave them insightful hope for the rest of the industry?

I feel we have been victims of gross mismanagement AND competitive BS. How does having industry peers being underpaid and/or overworked benefit a pilotgroup that negotiates for their salary and work rules...:rolleyes: I've read numerous posts on the NJ board regarding whipsawing and a concern of that happening to the NJA pilots. Many of those posts were made by the Union leadership. Now suddenly they leave IBT, and several key "organizers" go there. Job done I guess. This is complete BS! The NJ pilots that helped to organize the Options pilots are still following their progress closely. My husband received the bad news from AV earlier today. He then spoke to 1108 leaders who are monitoring the situation. Furthermore, there has been nothing "sudden" about the decision to leave the Teamsters. It was discussed when the NJ pilots lobbied the IBT for their own local. Many pilots were in favor of leaving then but StrongUnion leaders decided the timing wasn't right at that time.

Thank you to those who stuck around and were likely unwittingly duped. I have full faith in those officers still here, but no doubt that the past was a matter of keeping "Friends close and enemies closer" with the NJA involvement. This illogical opinion does a disservice both to the Options MEC and volunteers (by questioning their intelligence and leadership skills) and to the NJ pilots that support their cause. Much time, effort, and money has been spent trying to help Options pilots win a contract. A LOT of NJ pilot dues money (didn't Olsen post that it was around a million dollars?) will be left behind in 1108 for the Options pilotgroup when the NJ Association becomes official. It is the idea that the money will be spent helping friends that makes leaving it behind more palatable. Additionally, NJASAP signed an agreement pledging their support to help the Options MEC set up their own Union office and to provide advice in gaining a contract. The IBT-NJASAP agreement calls for both leadership groups to work together on future projects.

Think about it? What POSSIBLE advantage was it for them? The completely logical and morally right thing to do--raise the bar in the fractional industry. This nightmare and company has very little left now, I am sure. An NJASAP director said that FO management had done a stupid thing and ruined their ability to attract quality pilots. It was NOT a celebratory conversation. You don't have to be an Options pilot to view this as a nightmare and find the actions of the FLOPS abhorrent.

Now that we'll be gone, NJA mgt can go back to setting the scene for taking everything away in the next negotiation, (With this statement Voice just provided an answer to his previous question that was phrased so suspiciously...:rolleyes: Competition for qualified pilots is a good thing--just ask the CS pilots that just got a payraise because of the NJA pilots' contract.) and everyone will be back to square one. No one wants to go there so it makes perfect sense for the fractional pilots to work together to establish an industry standard of professional compensation and fair work rules.

What a bad f'ing trip. And that is the only thing about this post that is correct.

The FLOPS are the enemies--not NJ pilots! An unfortunate result of being stabbed in the back is that one starts to imagine others are holding a knife even when they are doing nothing but offering a helping hand. NJW

Class action fellas.

Serious. I've never heard of such crap before. This is really unbelievable.

All for it...just need to make sure they are still around to pay. I am sure they will be operating in some form under some phantom phenom new LLC

Latest resources

Back