Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
UPDATE: Flops Randomly *TERMINATING* (NOT Laying Off) *MANY* Pilots!

Thought I'd put this in its rightful title, to avoid future confusion to those outside...

--------------
Today, 12:08
skyismyoffice
FLOPs laying off pilots
Just heard from a buddy of mine that he was laid off?? Anyone else conform?

Today, 12:46
skyismyoffice

Just confirmed this is 100% true! I figured people in CGF might get the axe, but the pilots?? I get requests for OT every week and now layoffs??

Don't know the criteria for layoffs, but if there is an out of seniority layoff I would look for FLOPs to close the doors within 2 months. Just my guess...

Today, 13:41
nerdpilot

Way out of senority is how it is happening. 1st class till the very end.

Today, 13:48
Photoflight

sorry to hear that guys.

Today, 14:30
PigPile

THEY ARE NOT LAYOFFS!!!! They are terminations!!!!! Out of seniority and supposedly based on productivity.

Today, 14:31
hawkercpt
oh crap! Now what?
Heard 198 people in all. 70 pilots on the list. Way out of seniority for the office folks confirmed. Ricci is in charge again and the union isnt gonna be able to do a thing about this I fear. Sorry to all the pilots getting screwed.

Today, 14:35
cjdriver
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Good luck to all. RTA guys look out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkercpt
Heard 198 people in all. 70 pilots on the list. Way out of seniority for the office folks confirmed. Ricci is in charge again and the union isnt gonna be able to do a thing about this I fear. Sorry to all the pilots getting screwed.
--------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
geez this is not good at all....
How are guys on the road getting back home? Is the co holding them hostage if they don't sign? Just sign "Under Duress" as if it is a signature.
Just when you think it can't get worse. I'm speechless...didn't think Ricci had it in him to this extent.
omg:mad:
-----------------------------------
Today, 14:41 #8
jetwash
What aircraft type are they getting fired from?
Large cabin? Mid cabin or BJ?
Were any of the 17 new hires from the last 3 months let go or is it just the pilots with 5+ years of experience.
-----------------------------------------------------
Today, 14:46 #9
PigPile
Nope!!
I talked to a couple of my ORIGINAL FO friends and they were fired.
re;
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdriver View Post
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Good luck to all. RTA guys look out.

----------------------------

Today, 14:55
skyismyoffice
Yes, these are terminations! Guys on the road are given airlines home. They take your BlackBerry right away but you aren't required to sign anything right there. I guess you have 45 days to accept one weeks pay for every year of service. I can hear the law suits now...
-----------------------

There better be (lawsuits)!

Last edited:
anyone know if MS is involved, or has he been kicked to the curb?

...OR will he be kicked to the curb after this and Ricci will pretend he just swooped in to save us.

He's ALREADY THERE, so no fooling us there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkercpt

-----------------------

How are they going to operate with 70 LESS pilots than already short??????

stpspiral vbmenu_register("postmenu_1591799", true);

May training class cancelled.
I was suppose to start class last monday the 19th but rec'd a call from Susan F. in HR that the May class was cancelled indefinetely. I asked why and the answer she gave me was that Owners weren't flying and that they had to return some a/c that were on leases so no need to add crews. She did say that April class did go thru training. Good luck everyone.

---------------------------------
Consider yourself LUCKY! Why would you come here in this horrible climate anyway? Have you been reading the board since Jan?

Anyone else just getting a BUSY SIGNAL when you call the co? I wanted to see if there was a new weekly message, and the main # just shows busy.
:eek:
Are we out of business yet????
Something tells me that might explain the "armed guard" thing....?????

Still in operation. I have a few friends still working in the office. All of the layoffs were to be done by 1600 today. So if you haven't gotten a call yet, your stil good. For now anyway.

Still in operation. I have a few friends still working in the office. All of the layoffs were to be done by 1600 today. So if you haven't gotten a call yet, your stil good. For now anyway.

...Until NEXT Friday when the opposite schedule pilot group is out, right? Love the adherence to standard Friday firings....:angryfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iiOEQOtBlQ&feature=related (for a bit of humor during this nightmare)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back