Flexjet Union Drive on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GEX,

Nothing prevents management from opening up Home basing to all the New hires. Like they do for NJI.

Why blame the Union? We asked for the same policy NJI has.

I'll take a short burst at that one.

I think the nature of the relationship between the pilot groups and management is significantly different. I've probably been to my last NJI Christmas Party at the South Carolina Yacht Club at Windmill Harbour as my friend at Okatie has moved back to Massachusetts, but at the last one, where Richard Santulli attended, his affection for NJI pilots was apparent.

That affection is deserved, the boys at the South Carolina Gulfstream Preserve have worked hard for and grown with Richard's little air force.

I don't think Santulli likes you guys that much. Where he's from loyalty is important. He still tries to run NetJets like it's a New Jersey family business. When he set up EJI, there were probably guys that could have done each job better, but he went with the men who had been with him the longest and had shown him something.

What you guys have shown him recently I doubt he views as loyalty, probably more like an attack on his bottom line at the company he built from scratch.

I doubt he will give you anything in the way he does for NJI because he feels that he needs to retain things such as a decent domicile policy for the next time you drag him accross the coals in one of your combat contract negotiations.

GV

I'll take a short burst at that one.

I think the nature of the relationship between the pilot groups and management is significantly different. I've probably been to my last NJI Christmas Party at the South Carolina Yacht Club at Windmill Harbour as my friend at Okatie has moved back to Massachusetts,

No more partys anyway.

How did a discussion of the union at flexjet become a talk about parties in SC with santulli?

GET THOSE CARDS IN QUICK. WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So nothing prevents him....

Out of Spite, He just wants a hole card to bargain with next time.

That's not what he said.

He said that it was their performance that got them perks at NJI and your behavior that thwarted benefits not tied to contract concessions at NJA.

SS

The Union is NOT the way to go. We don't have one here at CitationShares, nor do we want one. Our management takes care of us, that is why WE are the class of the field. NJW has too much time on her hands to be preaching about the great union the way she does. Maybe she should spend more time in the kitchen baking a cake for her hubby, and to "Cosmo..." your name sure fits your comments...the ass man, huh?

Whoopey, our management takes care of us. Their's isn't. Maybe that's why you don't need a union. It's also why they do need one.

If your company ever starts f'ing with you, then see how you feel. If you feel the same way as you do now, THEN you can come preach about the evils of a union.

Great, tell me what the Teamsters have done for Flops besides costing them the raise that management was trying to give them in January and poisoning the work environment.

GEX,

If you think that the FLOPS pilots were actually going to see that raise, PM me. I got a bridge I'd like to sell you. Management only started hinting about a raise when union drive picked up steam. Interesting timing.

And one more time: The union was a reaction to management's poisoning of the work environment. Not the other way around

Latest resources

Back