• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union Drive on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I received a card about 3 days ago and promptly threw it in the trash!!! walshfly= Screw that

Let me quess- 1. You are a trust fund baby and don't need to work. 2. Your wife gives you an allowance each week. 3. You just like being poor and have no self-worth as a professional pilot. ???

Living scared and under a rock is no way to go through life as a professional pilot. I bet you will fly an airplane that has a maintenance issue all week and are affraid to write it up just so you can fly under the company radar.

I know who you are. You are the guy who will side with management until your first contract is voted in, then you will get off the fence post and claim that you did all the work.

Walshfly and Airchef,

OBVIOUSLY you 2 are Independence Air folks that are just happy to have a job. Probably sitting right seat in the 300 right now, been here less than 6 months, and under age 30. Fat, dumb, and happy--for now. Wait until you're captain in the lear and actually have to work and be cramped in that airplane for 6 years. My suggestion for you 2 is to enjoy your 300 while it lasts because you will be on here bitching like crazy when you go to the lear and I will be all out of tissue for you. I think Bad Monkey has hit the nail on the head on this one.

To all of you FLTOPS guys, would you be better off without it right now?? My guess is you would be in the same position right now with or without the union so, why not be in the union. It can't hurt you at this point. Do you honestly believe your management would be "taking care of you" at this point?

Let me revise my statement about Airchef. After seeing he's been on here for 2 years and only 16 posts and, based on his comments from other posts; he's probably management or in training dept.

It did take some time, however.

It took the NJ pilots less than a year after they voted in new leadership and started standing up for themselves.

Frax, I'll look at what's happening to Flt Ops....their resolve is being tested--no surprise there. Look closer--management just shoved all the fence-sitters right off onto the pilots' side, and their blinders got torn off in the process. They also gave the pilots and their families a timely reminder to get that professional-level health care benefit guaranteed in a written CBA that can't be changed on a whim. Battle cries are very motivational and this move could well provide one to the Options pilots--Guaranteed health care, don't leave the table without it!

Management is playing ugly games with the well-being of the pilots' families. Their true colors are showing now. I recall these days in the NJ contract battle quite well. Take heart! It means you're making progress. They don't start getting so openly ugly until they have to. Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn. The NJ pilots and their families made it through their dark days and the Flt Ops group will, too!

The Union is NOT the way to go. We don't have one here at CitationShares, nor do we want one. Our management takes care of us, that is why WE are the class of the field. NJW has too much time on her hands to be preaching about the great union the way she does. Maybe she should spend more time in the kitchen baking a cake for her hubby, and to "Cosmo..." your name sure fits your comments...the ass man, huh?

The Union is NOT the way to go. We don't have one here at CitationShares

What a tool!!!!! Ever stop and think, that none of the other Fracs don't have CS management running them. So therefore we need our rules in a contract form. What a tool you are Hump

The Union is NOT the way to go. We don't have one here at CitationShares, nor do we want one. Our management takes care of us, that is why WE are the class of the field. NJW has too much time on her hands to be preaching about the great union the way she does. Maybe she should spend more time in the kitchen baking a cake for her hubby, and to "Cosmo..." your name sure fits your comments...the ass man, huh?

You just wait. The dark clouds will find CS. And when they do you will be the little boy who cried wolf. You'll have a CEO one day that will decide he can cut your QOL fatten his pocket and jump with his golden parachute. When it happens you guys will come crawling to the 1108 for help. Dont worry we'll be here.

The Union is NOT the way to go. We don't have one here at CitationShares, nor do we want one. Our management takes care of us, that is why WE are the class of the field.

Set down your extra large company Kool-Aid and do some serious thinking. What is going to happen when mangement is ordered to cut costs??? The pilots are going feel it first, not your "buddies" in mangement.

Bogart, don't vote in the union, I don't care. However if flex actually does. I say do it all the way, not just sitting around waiting for something to happen like I think a lot of people are at FLOPS.

Hey Bogart, get over yourself!! We are a COMMODITY!! Bought and sold just like new tires on your shiny CJ3. When costs need to be cut, pilots are the first to go. Who's going to stand up for you guys when the time comes? Unions are a love/hate thing sometimes, but what relationship isn't?

Latest resources

Back