• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union Drive on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GEX, it is fortunate that you weren't in Jonestown, Guyana during the great kool aid bash. You wouldn't be here posting today:laugh:

Heck, NJA wouldn't exist if they were all there.

Excellent posts, Gerry G! It never fails that the anti-union crowd typically ignores the fact that had their peers been treated/compensated like professionals to begin with there would have been no need to organize.

In any group you can find dishonest people--that's reality. But we shouldn't paint all members with the same brush; that's bigotry. The pilots that have organized should be judged on their own merits. Let fairness prevail.

Had FLOPS and FLEX managers intended to pay their pilots like professionals they would have done so years ago. I can easily see how standing up for themselves would begin to change the way the pilots are perceived. It's all easy to follow: Flex pilots are where NJ pilots were before they voted in new leadership and started fighting back; Flt Ops pilots are in the same place NJ pilots were when they were in contract negotiations; and NJ pilots are much better off today than they were this time last year. The Options pilots will come thru, too. Flex pilots could help the Options cause and their own by sending in their cards and adding their voices to those in the industry demanding professional compensation for professional pilots.

So what if one-third of the pilot group is still not getting it? The same thing happened at NJ, too. It's simply human nature that there will always be those either too selfish (they're satisfied) or too fearful to stand up for what the pilot group deserves. Just watch--when the contract comes thru they'll be happy to collect...:rolleyes:

NJ pilots are starting to talk about the 2nd installment of their signing bonus that will be showing up soon. Look to the future Options pilots and hang in there! Your demands are justified and you're doing the right thing for yourselves, your families, and your fellow frac pilots. Best Wishes! NJW

Excellent posts, Gerry G! It never fails that the anti-union crowd typically ignores the fact that had their peers been treated/compensated like professionals to begin with there would have been no need to organize.

In any group you can find dishonest people--that's reality. But we shouldn't paint all members with the same brush; that's bigotry. The pilots that have organized should be judged on their own merits. Let fairness prevail.

Had FLOPS and FLEX managers intended to pay their pilots like professionals they would have done so years ago. I can easily see how standing up for themselves would begin to change the way the pilots are perceived. It's all easy to follow: Flex pilots are where NJ pilots were before they voted in new leadership and started fighting back; Flt Ops pilots are in the same place NJ pilots were when they were in contract negotiations; and NJ pilots are much better off today than they were this time last year. The Options pilots will come thru, too. Flex pilots could help the Options cause and their own by sending in their cards and adding their voices to those in the industry demanding professional compensation for professional pilots.

So what if one-third of the pilot group is still not getting it? The same thing happened at NJ, too. It's simply human nature that there will always be those either too selfish (they're satisfied) or too fearful to stand up for what the pilot group deserves. Just watch--when the contract comes thru they'll be happy to collect...:rolleyes:

NJ pilots are starting to talk about the 2nd installment of their signing bonus that will be showing up soon. Look to the future Options pilots and hang in there! Your demands are justified and you're doing the right thing for yourselves, your families, and your fellow frac pilots. Best Wishes! NJW
Speaking of Koolaid. FLOPS has been losing 10s of millions of dollars per year. I agree, their pilots should be compensated more than they currently are, but where do you suggest they get the money from? They are currently losing owners hand over fist. Raising management will accelerate the owner exodus. Do you have any ideas?

GEX has never been in a situation to need a union that is why he can talk his BS. Talks a big game when nothing is at stake for him.

Bottom line here is that the unionization of Flexjet is moving forward people. We are so close to it that a sneeze would set off a vote.

My take on a union at Flex is this: Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

GEX,

You are working for a Fortune 100 company I am guessing. Whole different situation.

Interesting. That runs counter to what you claimed during the negotiations. You were falling all over yourselves to trot out the NBAA average pilot wages then, now you claim it is a different situation. Good to see you finally recognize your past error.

JJ, first I'd make sure the company wasn't too top heavy on the management side. VPs of this, that, and the other don't come cheap. Are they all really necessary? The pilots don't seem to think so. It is basic common sense and human nature that employees who feel respected and valued are more productive and motivated than those who don't. I suggest that management do a better job taking care of the pilots who take care of operations and pax.

FG, you're taking Gunfyter's comment out of context, I believe. I think he was suggesting that those who are well paid themselves (as GEX stated he was) often have a difficult time identifying with those who are not. I know GF, and I don't see him conceding to you that he was in "error" in the past.

Cosmo, excellent analogy! That's exactly why I sometimes compare a union to insurance--all too easy to take for granted--until you need it.
Good Luck to the Flex pilots!
Netjetwife

I don't think the many pilots who have been helped by 1108 Union Stewards would consider it a laughing matter. To the contrary, my husband has frequently been thanked for his aid. I can't understand what some of you have against pilots helping pilots. That's what it's all about, you know...

On the other hand, they don't. Sad. The NJ pilots have realized the benefit in standing together and the Options pilots are, likewise, beginning to see that there is strength in numbers. Hundreds of voices raised together can bring more attention to their cause than individual pilots trying to register a protest on their own. The Options pilots are currently at the bargaining table--not Flex. That fact speaks for itself.

Doing essentially the same job for less seems to me the crazier idea....:rolleyes:

I don't think the many pilots who have been helped by 1108 Union Stewards would consider it a laughing matter. To the contrary, my husband has frequently been thanked for his aid. I can't understand what some of you have against pilots helping pilots. That's what it's all about, you know...

On the other hand, they don't. Sad. The NJ pilots have realized the benefit in standing together and the Options pilots are, likewise, beginning to see that there is strength in numbers. Hundreds of voices raised together can bring more attention to their cause than individual pilots trying to register a protest on their own. The Options pilots are currently at the bargaining table--not Flex. That fact speaks for itself.

Doing essentially the same job for less seems to me the crazier idea....:rolleyes:

You remind me of those Jehova's witnesses that keep knocking on my door every so often...preaching that I need to be saved (I must apologize if I have offended any Jehova's witnesses). Thank you for being SO worried about our well being.

Heck, NJA wouldn't exist if they were all there.

uhm, well, you missed the point and your logic (or lack thereof) isn't applicable. NJA's pilots have a contract and the company is now profitable. that is not what I would call "drinking kool aid". however, GEX, like you (except you're not as smart) is towing a pro management/anti union rhetorical line. this is drinking the Kool Aid...especially if someone is an advocate of the current management at FLOPS.

your post is a nonsequitur.....idiot

Latest resources

Back