• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union Drive on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA's pilots have a contract and the company is now profitable. that is not what I would call "drinking kool aid".
your post is a nonsequitur.....idiot

It is drinking the "kool aid" if you truly believe the company is profitable. If I were you, I'd pay a little more attention to "NumberCruncher." He/she has a pretty good idea, posted a while back, about how the company went from being $50 million in the red to $25 million in the black in a very short period of time and no, it wasn't because rates were raised for new owners and the sell off rate dropped.
BTW, since when did you start believing management? I thought they were lying to you when they said they were losing money? Why did you think this? Because it helped your cause. Now, they say they are profitable? Why do you all of a sudden believe them? Because it helps your cause.

Interesting. That runs counter to what you claimed during the negotiations. You were falling all over yourselves to trot out the NBAA average pilot wages then, now you claim it is a different situation. Good to see you finally recognize your past error.

I never make errors, Family Guy.

The difference in the situation is that Fractional pilots need UNIONS to make the NBAA that they should make.

Fortune 100 pilots do not need the Unions.

You remind me of those Jehova's witnesses that keep knocking on my door every so often...preaching that I need to be saved (I must apologize if I have offended any Jehova's witnesses). Thank you for being SO worried about our well being.

Noting that you chose this analogy--there are several critical differences. Salvation is a purely personal event, but the wages one settles for has an impact upon others in the same industry. I'm not as self-less as you claim. I recognize that industry standards are most effective when applied across the entire industry. When the NJ pilots go back to the table I have no wish for the other frac pilots' wages to be quoted in an effort to drag down the NJA salaries. I'd rather see the opposite take place. How can any pilot in the industry be against professional compensation and fair work rules?

One has a choice whether or not to open the door; on this board it is called the ignore function. I am never offended if a poster chooses to put me on that list. I fully support each person's right to post and read as they wish, within board rules and dictates of civil discourse.

JJ, when considering deception one looks at motive. During a contract battle management has much to gain by hiding profitability; that motivation isn't there during "peace time." Huge corporations like BH have an easy time of shuffling money around. Additionally, they were open about the fact that they were pouring profits from NJA into start-ups around the world. It was also noted that sell-offs negatively impacted the bottom line. That situation was improved with the new contract that enabled the company to hire more pilots who had previously shunned NJA. It was exactly as the pilots said all along--the money was always there.

Flex Guys, keep the union cards coming in.

Just in case there is any confusion out there--turning in the cards only calls for a vote. Actually voting for union representation is a separate event that is held if enough cards asking for the right to consider a union have been submitted. As voting is a democratic principal it seems only fair to allow that process to go forward. Withholding your card has the practical affect of denying your fellow pilots the right to vote. That seems very wrong.

Also, it would be incorrect to assume that my encouragement for the process is based on the belief that Flex pilots would automatically be joining 1108. I have no idea where they would end up. I just happen to believe that organized pilots have the best chance of gaining the professional contract they deserve, and that taking a poll is the right way to decide what the group wants to do.

GEX posted:

Organizing killed the raise that management was trying to give them. Quality of life and compensation has gone into the toilet since they voted in the Teamsters. They now have an adversarial relationship with management and are working counter to the leadership's simple desire to develop a business plan that will keep Flops in business.

Killed the raise huh? Looks like management made a tactical error by waiting to late to give them the raise. Tried stretching that double into a triple.

We know they never had any intention of giving a raise now don't we. This is right out of the play book.

If things were so rosy over the past few years, well I guess that explains why I'd have quite a few guys asking if we were still hiring.

On another note. How big is your flight dept GE? How many new hires have been hired there this year?

Omg!!!

Interesting. That runs counter to what you claimed during the negotiations. You were falling all over yourselves to trot out the NBAA average pilot wages then, now you claim it is a different situation. Good to see you finally recognize your past error.

Look who's been released out of the Carbon Freezing Chamber!

NJW,

You are using awfully big words for Fraxjockey. You might want to tone it down to a 3rd grade level so he can better understand it. I guarantee that Fraxjockey will be the FIRST MORON to be on the union ship when its voted in. I picture him being just like George Mcfly for some reason??

STOP THE PRESS. FRAXJOCKEY EXPOSED!!! HAHAHAHA. HEY FRAXJOCKEY YOUR IDENTITY HAS BEEN REVEALED, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

I won't lower myself by giving your name out here on this board but, be assured that your identity is KNOWN. Watch what you say on this forum. Several of us here know who you are now. You should learn to keep your mouth closed at work!

Want proof that we know? Let me see, have you ever flown a 727?? HAHAHAHA!!!!

"I've wanted to be a pilot since I was about 5 years old. It's all I grew up thinking about. It's what makes me happy. If I could make $50,000 at Home Depot selling power tools or make $25,000 flying I would take the flying job every time. It's not about the money to me."

Latest resources

Back