Flexjet Union Drive on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Watch what you say on this forum.

Threat or not, why is my opinion so important to you that you feel I have to watch what I say? This is an anonymous board where anyone should feel free to post their VIEW whether it's popular or not. If every time I post something you are going to take it personally I'd rather not post anything at all. I'll let everyone believe what you have to say and not hear another point of view. I will be watching.... See on the line.

Frax

Last edited:
The new guys think the old guys threw them under the bus with the new domicile policy...

I'm a new NJA guy, and I just talked with a guy who's been here quite a while. He said the same thing about them throwing the new guys "under the bus," in exchange for a bunch more money, and some guys kinda felt bad about it.

Know what I told him? I told him that, on the contrary, that big raise and the great work rules are why I applied for the job in the first place. I thanked him for the new contract, warts and all. It's why I'm here.

Know what I told him? I told him that, on the contrary, that big raise and the great work rules are why I applied for the job in the first place. I thanked him for the new contract, warts and all. It's why I'm here.

That sounds like, "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?"

Some people like to dress up in leather or rubber and have some chica in spike heels and a mask beat their a$$, too.

But hey, I'm happy where I live - four seasons, crystal clear lakes, gentle hills and a 20 minute drive to work. All I was doing is repeating the comments of some of your NJA colleagues. It must be a popular sentiment if you've heard it, too.

Actually, NJW if you listen to some of your own pilots they're not that happy. Seven days is a long time to be away when you have kids - you're missing half their lives. They don't like commuting, some have told me they could have just as easily been in the back on Comair at Lexington-Bluegrass. The new guys think the old guys threw them under the bus with the new domicile policy and a lot of guys are gripping about the repetitive extended duty days. It seems that your own organization could benefit from your tender mercies.
The NJI, non-union guys are gone just as long. I never hear anyone complaining about the 7-7 schedule. Only the post-ratification-hires have to commute anymore, and if they live in domicile they don't have to do that. I've also never heard anyone "gripping" about extended days, because they pay well and many volunteer for them. Finally, nobody was "thrown under the bus" in the contract. Everyone hired post-ratification knew what they were getting into when they accepted the job.

In addition, the contract was the company's last, best, and final offer, and the domicile issue was inserted by the company. According to our negotiators and president, if we had voted it down, there was no certainty of any changes from the TA we were presented with, and could have regressed. So if anyone thinks we "threw them under the bus," they should think about how much worse it could be. They have what they have because we fought long and hard for it. They could be working under the old contract still, starting at a whopping $27k, like most of the rest of us did, and all on the 17-day schedule, instead of the horrible 7-7. :rolleyes:

I've also never heard anyone "gripping" about extended days, because they pay well and many volunteer for them. :rolleyes:

"Gripping" is like really intense "griping".

I'd like to blame my keyboard for that gaffe, but actually it's my own literacy issues that are at fault.

I don't know anything of the sort, and neither do you. It seemed to be a valid offer.

Again, my original post was just suggesting that Flex pilots take a look at what the Teamsters had done to Flops prior to sending their cards in. I was making no recommendations regarding Flight Options - they're already toast.

Flops is already losing money before operating expenses are increased by a union contract (even though it might take 4 years to get a contract like it did at NJA). If you haven't figured it out, Cav Man, you are the "expense" in Warren Buffet's "revenue/expense" problem at NetJets.

We have eight aircraft and are not currently looking for new pilots.

Agreed. We don't know what exactly is going on, but you have to admit, their timing is suspect.

Yes I'm well aware I'm the expense in the equation. Do realize Ten Man it is not a problem it is business. No one understands that more than Uncle Warren. Last time I checked he was giving away billions. If we are such a problem we'd be gone.

It is always interesting to see the perspective of guys in a nice tight flight department. I'm sure it is great from your side, but if you think for a minute that your eight plane fleet will be treated the same as a 400+ NJ fleet and 2k plus pilot group, well you have been sitting in the catbird seat way to long.

Latest resources

Back