• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union Drive on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I've wanted to be a pilot since I was about 5 years old. It's all I grew up thinking about. It's what makes me happy. If I could make $50,000 at Home Depot selling power tools or make $25,000 flying I would take the flying job every time. It's not about the money to me."

I can't help it>>>OH MY GOD!!!

This guy is mgmts best friend..Is that what your family is going to say when you can't afford that prom dress or the new glove.."But family I love to fly isn't that great, As your wife is working two jobs so you can play with airplanes...Please Shut The F%ck UP...You might be the biggest tool I have ever read on the board....PLease jump off a bridge NOW!!! You are part the reason Pilot salaries are so low...I have to start drinking now or I will lose my mind..Time to take a break from Flightinfo...

Last edited:
GEX posted:

We know they never had any intention of giving a raise now don't we. This is right out of the play book.

I don't know anything of the sort, and neither do you. It seemed to be a valid offer.

Again, my original post was just suggesting that Flex pilots take a look at what the Teamsters had done to Flops prior to sending their cards in. I was making no recommendations regarding Flight Options - they're already toast.

Flops is already losing money before operating expenses are increased by a union contract (even though it might take 4 years to get a contract like it did at NJA). If you haven't figured it out, Cav Man, you are the "expense" in Warren Buffet's "revenue/expense" problem at NetJets.

On another note. How big is your flight dept GE? How many new hires have been hired there this year?

We have eight aircraft and are not currently looking for new pilots.

NJW,

You are using awfully big words for Fraxjockey. You might want to tone it down to a 3rd grade level so he can better understand it. I guarantee that Fraxjockey will be the FIRST MORON to be on the union ship when its voted in. I picture him being just like George Mcfly for some reason??

Thanks for the advice, Cosmo, I'll keep it in mind....:p

GEX, tsk, tsk....:rolleyes: I can't help but notice the inconsistency in your post (it doesn't add up..;) ) in regards to Flt Ops. You tell Hogprint that there's no way he can know that Management never intended to give the pilots a raise (reality speaks for itself, had they wanted to they would have already) and then turn around and announce to the board--"Flight Options - they're already toast". As both opinions are based to a degree on guess work, it seems rather hypocritical for yours to be stated as a fact while you tell others there is no way they can know what seems self-evident. Actually, summing up past events is easier than predicting the future.

With all due respect, GEX, it seems that Flt Ops pilots are in a better position than you to know how organizing has affected their situation. The reports from Options pilots posting here are favorable. When in the past were they ever negotiating a contract? That is progress, in and of itself. Some sections have already been TAed. What puts you in the position of knowing how long it will take? When the NJ pilots woke up and took charge--voting in new leadership and digging in their heels--their contract was ratified by 11 months. Flt Ops pilots flew banners over the NBAA; they're ahead of where the NJ pilots were when they started work on the present CBA. A lot can be learned from the mistakes of those who go before you and there are NJ pilots quite willing to help others with advice and encouragement. We all know that the Options pilots still must make it happen for themselves, but that ugly health care slap in the face will surely provide the needed motivation. NJ pilots also saw punitive measures during their contract battle. They will tell you that the sooner you "slug it out" the quicker the parties at the table will come to an agreement. Hang in there, Options! Send in your cards, Flex!
Best Wishes to all of you!
Netjetwife

STOP THE PRESS. FRAXJOCKEY EXPOSED!!! HAHAHAHA. HEY FRAXJOCKEY YOUR IDENTITY HAS BEEN REVEALED, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

I won't lower myself by giving your name out here on this board but, be assured that your identity is KNOWN. Watch what you say on this forum. Several of us here know who you are now. You should learn to keep your mouth closed at work!

And why should I care about this?

Want proof that we know? Let me see, have you ever flown a 727?? HAHAHAHA!!!!

Do you have any idea how many guys at Flex have flown a 727?

Last edited:
Funny thing is I know who quite a few people are on this board...too bad Cosmo had to resort to threats. Oh well, at least you think you know who I am.

Last edited:
.:p

GEX, tsk, tsk....:rolleyes: I can't help but notice the inconsistency in your post (it doesn't add up..;) ) in regards to Flt Ops. You tell Hogprint that there's no way he can know that Management never intended to give the pilots a raise (reality speaks for itself, had they wanted to they would have already) and then turn around and announce to the board--"Flight Options - they're already toast". As both opinions are based to a degree on guess work, it seems rather hypocritical for yours to be stated as a fact while you tell others there is no way they can know what seems self-evident. Actually, summing up past events is easier than predicting the future.

Nice attempt at dialectic, but I suggest you take a logic review before you try again.

It was apparent to even the casual observer that Flight Options management was trying to give their pilots a comparability raise in late January 2006, but this effort was stopped dead by the pilots organizing under the tutelege and encouragement of the Teamsters.

There was another group of pilots that were trying to form a FLOPs only group of pilots called FOPA to be constructed under the model of Southwest Airlines pilot group - SWAPA. In true Teamster thug fashion, these pilots were shouted down.

My FLOPs "is already toast" comment comes from quarter after quarter of reviewing Raytheon's Security and Exchange Commission 10Q quarterly reports. I do this because Raytheon and GD constitute the defense portion of my stock portfolio. During second quarter 2006, Flight Options lost $10 million. Their third quarter conference call will be on October 26, but the street is not forecasting a sudden surge to profitability for Flight Options.

Again, I was not suggesting any course of action to FLOPs pilots, their goose is already cooked. I was only suggesting that the Flex pilots do as I have done, observe the Flight Options pilots around the FBOs, talk to a few of them and see if that is really what they want. Even some of the union true believers (all due apologies to Eric Hoffer) at FLOPs are beginning to lose heart. Many FLOPS pilots are trying to go elsewhere.

Flex on the other hand, appears to be a cohesive group that is making some good market penetration and has begun a swing toward profitability, they actually have something to lose.

What puts you in the position of knowing how long it will take? When the NJ pilots woke up and took charge--voting in new leadership and digging in their heels--their contract was ratified by 11 months.

Absolutely nothing. What I said was, "even though it might take 4 years to get a contract like it did at NJA", which is speculation not an attempt at establishing a definitive time line. Even you have to admit that this is a possibility.

Note Bene: It has already been nearly 11 months in FLOP's attempt to get a contract and the clock is still running...

Actually, NJW if you listen to some of your own pilots they're not that happy. Seven days is a long time to be away when you have kids - you're missing half their lives. They don't like commuting, some have told me they could have just as easily been in the back on Comair at Lexington-Bluegrass. The new guys think the old guys threw them under the bus with the new domicile policy and a lot of guys are gripping about the repetitive extended duty days. It seems that your own organization could benefit from your tender mercies.

"Amen brotha! When I go into FBO's and I see a yellow tie and a union lanyard, I steer clear because I know inevitably what is going to be talked about...I too am sick and tired of hearing the bithching."

Latest resources

Back