Flexjet, pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait for it........wwwwaaaiiitttt........4 Pilots

You better tell the other 4 that are coming that they don't have a job.

Oh wait, your information must be wrong.

You are right that the FIRST CLASS is 4, and the SECOND CLASS is also 4. It might increase to 6.

TWA, how many guys actually are coming over from FO? I thought I saw something about most of them turning it down after the initial interest.

It was a pretty low acceptance rate until the Gulfstream announcement.

Not sure how many they had to contact, but we have a firm 8 at least as of today and possibly 10.

So, I assume by this statement that you personally were making the phone calls to the Flops crews to offer them the 45 slots. Because from the 20+ guys that I personally-face-to-face-that I have spoken to, that put there names in originally told them no thanks to a 45 right seat.

Nope. I just talked to the person who was making the calls.

We had absolutely no issue filling the classes.

I would be interested to see how many of those 20 will be showing up to class.

Maybe they told you that because they didn't want to hear you tell them what a mistake you thought they were making since you seem like such an open minded kind of person.

Maybe they made a choice and didn't feel it was any of your business what they were doing.

And why did you feel the need to talk to 20 of the 68 people face-to-face? I am sure they didn't seek you our to explain their decisions to you.

And why did you feel the need to talk to 20 of the 68 people face-to-face? I am sure they didn't seek you our to explain their decisions to you.

I didn't feel the need to to talk to them, I talked to them, because....Let's see....

I talk to the people that I work with

I talk to them because I know them

I talk to them because I have worked with them for the past 16 years.

I talk to them because we have flown together

I talk to them because I know who they are, I don't just mean their names, I know that they have a wife, a family, that they hunt, shot guns, fish, restore old cars, camp, etc.....

I talk to them because we talk about all the issues that we all face together as pilots, pilots in an aviation industry, pilots of Flight Options.

Did they ask or seek my approval of any decision they made, No.

Did I offer my opinion of THEIR decision to do something for themselves, No.

Did I offer my reasons for why going to Flex did NOT benefit ME, Yes.

Maybe they told you that because they didn't want to hear you tell them what a mistake you thought they were making since you seem like such an open minded kind of person.

Interesting that you should say something like that, because I don't think I have ever said to anyone on here or anywhere else that it would be a mistake to go to Flex.

Maybe they made a choice and didn't feel it was any of your business what they were doing.

Maybe, but most of the Flops pilots don't go around lying to other Flops pilots just because they don't want to tell you what they are thinking or feeling.
We aren't afraid of each other or others

Maybe, but most of the Flops pilots don't go around lying to other Flops pilots just because they don't want to tell you what they are thinking or feeling.
We aren't afraid of each other or others

Maybe because of your strong union stance they didn't feel comfortable telling you the truth. Maybe it isn't you they are afraid of, maybe it's the union.

TWA I'll call your last remark FUD. Next, one of my friends is half way down the list and he hasn't been called. He thinks they are giving the guys at the top of the list a second call before going thru the whole list once. I smell something.....

Hey Cabbie, Slow and Shane. There's something you need to know about when dealing with the left handers like TWA. There's a new koolaid delivery system over here at the Bespoke side. It's being offered intravenously and he was the first to volunteer.

And to answer the original question of this thread: if you have to ask, then the answer is pretty obvious.

Yes, there lots of grumbling just beneath the surface.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back