• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet Pay/Workrules/Benefits???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think when the sale is complete, Flex will see no changes to anything, See Ricci needs you guys happy as clams to vote no to the union.(When the single carrier thing happens). Funny thing the RTA boys have seen this novel before, sounds exactly like RTA and FLOPS merger)
Then after the vote, only then, will the emails start to make their rounds. I'm sure before FLOPS voted in the union, somebody still has a copy of the email that made Tier 3 bases obsolete. See if you lived in Tier 3 you either 1. moved to a Tier 2 or Tier 1, or 2. you found a new job. That was over one email. One of our "Village Idiots" had to move, (remember moving entails, selling your house, taking kids out of school and buying a new house) got divorced, and still didn't think we needed a union, yet he is all tits up for the in house union, with a wopping 300 pilots to fund this in house union.

Just for the record i'm a FLOPS pilot that wants FLex pilots to keep their pay even after the single carrier thing happens and the union stays in place, I want you guys pay protected, cause in 1 more year your pay will be our starting point.
Why do you guys at flops always aim so low? Use Netjet's pay and benefits not ours.

Lucky

That's where you and other Flex pilots should do your due diligence, with an open mind, and talk to the long term flops pilots before you put your future in the hand's of KR. Talk to the ibt haters, the ibt leadership, the fence sitters, everyone. ...but ask the hard question's and use your best judgment.

But please call and talk.....don't take what your read hear as gospel....PM me I will try and answer any question you have.

Last edited:
There are lots of IBT haters at Flexjet and having the union forced on the pilot group won't end well for FLOPS or Flexjet.

That is the plan.

KR hopes the IBT will push for it and then the Flex pilots will vote out the union.

Then with no union and no work rules you can guess what will happen to the Flex high wages and the Flops work rules. Both pilot groups will be back to where we were in 2000 in terms of pay and work rules.

Due diligence aside, it will be a tough sell if a union contract is imposed on 350+ pilots that includes drastic pay cuts and QOL losses. IF that happens, integration won't be much of a problem because the pilots will either: 1. move on in droves, 2. burn the place down, or 3. vote out the union and take their chances (with options 1 or 2 still available).

If the integration happens after the FLOPS crews have caught up, that's another story.

Then with no union and no work rules you can guess what will happen to the Flex high wages and the Flops work rules. Both pilot groups will be back to where we were in 2000 in terms of pay and work rules.

This is nuts, Kenn isnt stupid. If the union were voted out, it would certainly be voted in later if he did lower the Flex payscales. Why would he work that hard to get rid of the union to only turn around and commit suicide by shafting the Flex guys.

This is nuts, Kenn isnt stupid. If the union were voted out, it would certainly be voted in later if he did lower the Flex payscales. Why would he work that hard to get rid of the union to only turn around and commit suicide by shafting the Flex guys.

I think you're right on.

Gets the union off property and get the wages low. Then when they do reorganize and start negotiating it takes another 4years.
So he gets everyone at low wages and no rules for almost 5 years.

How much will he save over 5 years if Flex guys were paid as much as FO pilots before they voted in another union?

Because he knows where to draw the line. As in the past, he'll try to keep the union supporters at just less than 50% of the pilot group. If suport for unionization grows, he'll toss in a few bennies. He'll hold out a carrot in the form of promises for the future, which will never be fulfilled, but his faithful followers will believe him again, and again and again ....

Flex pilots, esp the senior ones, have always been wary about voting in a union. Until now. When the buyout was announced those senior folks suddenly lost the comfort of the status quo re pay and more importantly benefits. You could practically hear their collective hearts stop thinking about losing the pension and a potential loss of the 401k match and downgrades to vacation, sick days, and disability. There is literally no appetite for reductions in pay/QOL and any attempt, whether its in 3 months or 2 years will be met with swift resistance. Flex management knows this and I'm sure KR knows this. With the current sales and flying volume Flexjet is raking in the profits, and trying to pinch pennies by bringing down the costs of the pilot group would be an epic choking of the golden goose.

Go ahead Flex guys and gals. Keep holding on to that dream of yours that Kenn won't mess with you. Go ahead and vote against the 1108 when the merge happens. Remember this when Riccis management team gets its hands on Flex ops.
For me the contract isn't about money as much as it is about work rules and REPRESENTATION . And don't expect a tissue from us when you guys start crying about what Ricci is doing. Will be a bunch of Options pilots saying sorry dude, tried to warn you.

Latest resources

Back