• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet Pay/Workrules/Benefits???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not from what I have been told. The union got voted in after KR sold to RTA, then RTA booted KR and turned it to crap, then KR took it back and asked for you to give him a year which as i understand it, you didn't do. So, back to my original question, what was Options like before RTA?

Bankrupt!!

Well with just over half the company being at 4 weeks (20 days) of vacay in addition to 8 sick/pto, 2 funeral and some other nice time off benefits I see this being the hardest thing beyond pay for them to change if they want a happy pilot group.

I have a feeling they know they are safe from a union as long as pay and time off stay the same. I think they are waiting to play the "look how how we lobbied for you card" regarding vacay/pto.

If they are smart (and they are) they won't change these things. They will make up their cheddar on the back end like insurance, retirement or ratios - things flex pilots historically don't bother to look at very closely... Pay and schedules (including time off) are where the flex pilot feels loved... As a pilot group, pretty myopic and predictable. And don't think for a second they don't know it.

The question is does KR hate unions enough to treat flex well across the board (which means very little changes) and keep a union off property or is he brash enough to risk one by pissing his mark in the corners and tweak the hell out of everything???

I gotta say he is obviously smart so my money is on mostly status quo (obviously if they can maintain profit with current standards not much has to change). But like all new masters, he might feel a need to assert his dominance... That's the part everyone is waiting on...

I'm on the fence myself. This is either the best thing in the world for flex pilots or the just desserts of prior arrogance.

You guys should be angry at Bombardier for throwing you guys to the wolves.

I think your right about the pay in the short term just until he can get a de-certification vote. Then the changes will begin. Also, you can kiss your sick days goodbye. He does not believe in sick time. Instead you will get PTO which will be sick/vacation combined. So call in sick you will lose vacation and also be required to go to a doctor to get a return to work letter.

Well with just over half the company being at 4 weeks (20 days) of vacay in addition to 8 sick/pto, 2 funeral and some other nice time off benefits I see this being the hardest thing beyond pay for them to change if they want a happy pilot group.

I have a feeling they know they are safe from a union as long as pay and time off stay the same. I think they are waiting to play the "look how how we lobbied for you card" regarding vacay/pto.

If they are smart (and they are) they won't change these things. They will make up their cheddar on the back end like insurance, retirement or ratios - things flex pilots historically don't bother to look at very closely... Pay and schedules (including time off) are where the flex pilot feels loved... As a pilot group, pretty myopic and predictable. And don't think for a second they don't know it.

The question is does KR hate unions enough to treat flex well across the board (which means very little changes) and keep a union off property or is he brash enough to risk one by pissing his mark in the corners and tweak the hell out of everything???

I gotta say he is obviously smart so my money is on mostly status quo (obviously if they can maintain profit with current standards not much has to change). But like all new masters, he might feel a need to assert his dominance... That's the part everyone is waiting on...

I'm on the fence myself. This is either the best thing in the world for flex pilots or the just desserts of prior arrogance.

I can't wait for this sale to close so we can see if things stay to same or turn to crap as the 5 or 6 FLOPS guys here predict. I can finally relax slightly or start job hunting.

I can't wait for this sale to close so we can see if things stay to same or turn to crap as the 5 or 6 FLOPS guys here predict. I can finally relax slightly or start job hunting.

I think he will treat you very good during at the beginning and might just keep doing so as long as you are able to keep the money coming into his pocket as he expected. If the profits start to slump then he will start to nickel and dime you to make up for the losses so that he can keep the investors happy.

At the same time he will keep trying to play the Flight Options pilots against you saying how your productivity is slipping and you have to work harder then those low paid Options pilots. That is why you should hope that the Options pilots wages come up close to yours as soon as possible.

I think he will treat you very good during at the beginning and might just keep doing so as long as you are able to keep the money coming into his pocket as he expected. If the profits start to slump then he will start to nickel and dime you to make up for the losses so that he can keep the investors happy.

At the same time he will keep trying to play the Flight Options pilots against you saying how your productivity is slipping and you have to work harder then those low paid Options pilots. That is why you should hope that the Options pilots wages come up close to yours as soon as possible.

I think when the sale is complete, Flex will see no changes to anything, See Ricci needs you guys happy as clams to vote no to the union.(When the single carrier thing happens). Funny thing the RTA boys have seen this novel before, sounds exactly like RTA and FLOPS merger)
Then after the vote, only then, will the emails start to make their rounds. I'm sure before FLOPS voted in the union, somebody still has a copy of the email that made Tier 3 bases obsolete. See if you lived in Tier 3 you either 1. moved to a Tier 2 or Tier 1, or 2. you found a new job. That was over one email. One of our "Village Idiots" had to move, (remember moving entails, selling your house, taking kids out of school and buying a new house) got divorced, and still didn't think we needed a union, yet he is all tits up for the in house union, with a wopping 300 pilots to fund this in house union.

Just for the record i'm a FLOPS pilot that wants FLex pilots to keep their pay even after the single carrier thing happens and the union stays in place, I want you guys pay protected, cause in 1 more year your pay will be our starting point.

I'm not so sure about the single carrier status and honestly don't want it.

I would like to see the FLOPS crews brought up to same compensation as Flexjet. It will be great seeing FR8DOG thanking every 'Flex puke' he sees for his raise.

I'm not so sure about the single carrier status and honestly don't want it.
I would like to see the FLOPS crews brought up to same compensation as Flexjet. It will be great seeing FR8DOG thanking every 'Flex puke' he sees for his raise.

I don't think your gonna have a choice
Between the two companys, everybody will make out better in the long run if were one large company. Strength in numbers

I think a single carrier finding will be bad for everyone. Until the huge disparity in benefits between FLOPS and Flexjet is closed I don't see how we can create an SLI plan that keeps everyone's pay high.

There are lots of IBT haters at Flexjet and having the union forced on the pilot group won't end well for FLOPS or Flexjet.

Latest resources

Back