Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboydh1

Hey ya'll,

Just trying to find good info on Flexjet pay/workrules/benefits etc. I know the company is in a periord of change right now but still looking for info. I've searched around and can't find complete info. No need to start a bad thread. If someone can help please PM me. Thanks ya'll.

Pay is great, company works with the pilots really well. Work rules are fine. Things will stay this way for a while. Pilots live in a dream world, and will not vote to keep the Union. As soon as it's decertified they'll wake up to a different world. By "wake up", I mean to a voice at 3:00 AM that wants to know how soon you can be airborne. All ya gotta do is tell them that you won't be going because someone told you that you never have to go. Just like you were told, if your horoscope says don't fly today, that is enough. Just roll over and go back to sleep; except the voice on the other end tells you that you can't refuse the trip, so you go. Five legs later you get a call saying your attitude doesn't meet the Flex Options standards, and you are being watched. After a year or so of this crap, if you haven't been fired, the light will finally come on, but it will be too late.
Somewhere along the way you'll realize those things you were promised never materialized because you didn't get them in writing. Sure, your pay is the same, but with no raises. How about that 401k Match - gone. Cost of you family medical plan - through the roof. How many days are you going to work next rotation? Don't worry, they'll eventually let you come home. But you fell for all his crap, didn't you. But it isn't your fault, you're not naive, after all this is the guy who wrote "Management by Trust" isn't it?
As your dream career circles the drain, it will finally dawn on you that the Union exists so that these promises will be recorded in a legally binding document. No lies, no broken promises. And that, my friend, is precisely why your new master despises the Union and will tell you anything to get you to vote against it.

Last edited:
Pay is great, company works with the pilots really well. Work rules are fine. Things will stay this way for a while. Pilots live in a dream world, and will not vote to keep the Union. As soon as it's decertified they'll wake up to a different world. By "wake up", I mean to a voice at 3:00 AM that wants to know how soon you can be airborne. All ya gotta do is tell them that you won't be going because someone told you that you never have to go. Just like you were told, if your horoscope says don't fly today, that is enough. Just roll over and go back to sleep; except the voice on the other end tells you that you can't refuse the trip, so you go. Five legs later you get a call saying your attitude doesn't meet the Flex Options standards, and you are being watched. After a year or so of this crap, if you haven't been fired, the light will finally come on, but it will be too late.
Somewhere along the way you'll realize those things you were promised never materialized because you didn't get them in writing. Sure, your pay is the same, but with no raises. How about that 401k Match - gone. Cost of you family medical plan - through the roof. How many days are you going to work next rotation? Don't worry, they'll eventually let you come home. But you fell for all his crap, didn't you. But it isn't your fault, you're not naive, after all this is the guy who wrote "Management by Trust" isn't it?
As your dream career circles the drain, it will finally dawn on you that the Union exists so that these promises will be recorded in a legally binding document. No lies, no broken promises. And that, my friend, is precisely why your new master despises the Union and will tell you anything to get you to vote against it.

Really...did you really take the time to write this bunk..why do you work there if it is this bad?

Really...did you really take the time to write this bunk..why do you work there if it is this bad?

Options is no longer a bad place to work. We stood our ground, unionized, and now hold the company responsible for their promises. Management hates that!

No complete info is available because we have only been given insurance info as of two days ago. No vacation accrual or sick days info has been decided yet...or if it has, it has not been presented. Pay and pay schedules remain the same post acquisition.

So with yesterday's most unprofessional conference call, and still so many unanswered questions, are the pilots unified enough to have a sickout/strike to demand more from those above?
Anyone else notice that the bag of carrots has withered? (No more talk of long haul a/c)
My biggest question is why are those who aren't in a position to make promises, promising things will and won't happen?
Something fishy is going on. There is way too much time and energy being spent gauging the pilot group and trying to keep folks calm.

So with yesterday's most unprofessional conference call, and still so many unanswered questions, are the pilots unified enough to have a sickout/strike to demand more from those above?
Anyone else notice that the bag of carrots has withered? (No more talk of long haul a/c)
My biggest question is why are those who aren't in a position to make promises, promising things will and won't happen?
Something fishy is going on. There is way too much time and energy being spent gauging the pilot group and trying to keep folks calm.

Conference call between whom? Pilot groups or management?

Are you talking about a FLOPS conference call? or the Flexjet conference call? You are not making any sense.

Latest resources

Back