• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet Pay/Workrules/Benefits???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't, busy week. That is pretty crappy and somewhat unrealistic for someone who has to get a medical reinstated or even more minor items that would keep people out for a couple months.

Thanks for pointing it out

Exactly!!!! The FAA can take up to 90 days or more before you get the green light to head back to work. I have a pretty good idea for the change...expedite retirement for some if you know what I mean! ;)

They were not going to make too many waves in the first year DAC owned Flex. It'll be 2015 and beyond before we see what they really feel we are worth.

Here is something else to expect from KR. He does not pay by date of hire. If you wish to move to another plane he will make you go to year 1 pay again. This was another insult with the RTA merger.

When KR gets his pilots to decertify the union expect some of his former "SFO" pilots to start your Global program.

When KR gets his pilots to decertify the union expect some of his former "SFO" pilots to start your Global program.

You got that right

From listening to Flight options CEO's weekly announcement this evening you got the feeling that when he was talking about Flex jet and their operations he was describing how he was also looking at the operations side and taking note as to how "we" can take advantage of some of their ways of operating and they can take the best from our method to work smoothly together. He even mentioned how Flex with all of the new aircraft orders would be needing to hire on more pilots and that we would take care of "our family" members by placing Flight options furloughed pilots in those openings.( does Flex HR dept. know about this ?)

For two fractional companies that are supposed to be operated separately he seems to be getting involved in Flex jets operations and hiring kind of deeply.

It makes you wonder what the real plans are for both companies.:confused:

Last edited:
I have a question for any of the original pre-rta options guys/gals if any still exist. When KR first started options, did you have all of the negativity, or did he change the way he treated his group after the union came on property? It is obvious he is anti-union and I for one am just curious if when you organized, that changed his attitude toward options.

Also, in regards to taking the best of Flex to Options and vice-versa, from a business stand point, that makes all of the sense in the world. He can take two really good companies and operationally make them great. Thanks folks.

you just answered your own question.

if he was a great guy and treated employees well, then why did they need a union?

Not from what I have been told. The union got voted in after KR sold to RTA, then RTA booted KR and turned it to crap, then KR took it back and asked for you to give him a year which as i understand it, you didn't do. So, back to my original question, what was Options like before RTA?

you just answered your own question.

if he was a great guy and treated employees well, then why did they need a union?

It's the same speech they gave with RTA "Gonna take the best of both companies make one great company" blah blah blah..translation " we are going to strip you low live peasants down to nothing have you in constant fear of discipline or termination use you abuse you and tell you how wonderful we all are"

Wake up..it's the same bull******************** speech word for word they have given everyone 100 times before. But there's still idiots like Rupert that chase the carrot,drink the kool aide, kissing ass thinking there gonna be saved..well losers it hasn't happened in almost 16 yrs..not gonna happen!!!

I was hired in 2000. During the time that KR ran it i experienced:
Hiring PICs off the street and not upgrading current pilot's.
Pilot pushing everyday. Those same mangers are still there.
Ever changing SOPs.
No work rules.
Good old boys club...read SFO program.
Horrible MX.
Safety department was a joke.
Training department was a joke.
It's has gotten a lot better thanks to the Union and the pilots....working for KR without a CBA backed by a strong experienced Union is not an option for me. I will not be part of the Special ED club.

Latest resources

Back