• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But that's the compensation you voted for. Why do you blame him? I would be more inclined to blame those who negotiated on your behalf, and give KR his kudos for making them look like amateurs.

Yes, but you forget the "state of the world" at the time we signed and the company was teetering on closing its doors. I for one don't like the contract, but I happily voted yes for it. My yes vote was defined by, you have to start somewhere, and Ill give the company 5 years to figure things out.
This next contract I will be voting no for anything less than industry standard. And if its a 5yr contract it better be great.

And we didn't vote no 401k match either, that was handed to us by Ricci.

There already is more solidarity here. We have kept your union off our property every time someone tries to have it show up and ruin a great company.

Flexjet is not perfect, but 1108 has a pretty solid track record of making things worse, not better. If 1108 is so great, why did NJ dump you.

For my fellow Flexjet crews, please don't let a few angry pilots at FO convince you to be afraid of KR. Imagine if a few of the VERY outspoken pilots we have on Yammer were to come on here and sell their view of life at FJ. How accurate do you think their slanted and always negative/pessimistic views would be.

This is what you are getting from these FO union stompers. Next time you are on the road, talk to a few FO crews. Ask them what they think of KR.

So far 90+% of the crews I have talked to say life was great under his team. Things only got worse after he left. If you run into a FO pilot that is spewing all kinds of hatred ask him if he is in the union or not. They won't tell you this, but they have quite a few people that are not part of 1108.

So far I have only had one crew that couldn't wait to tell me how bad it was/is. We barely got the door open and they met us at the plane. 20 minutes into their tirade I had to walk away. Everything they said that was bad was really just a part of their union negotiated contract that sucked.

Remember, we singed a contract when the purchase went through. It guaranteed a lot of things. Most of them were things we already had. Some people are saying this s only valid for 1 year. I read mine again yesterday several times. No where does it say it is only valid for 1 year. In fact there are several sections that we have to vote on as a group before it can be changed.

Sounds like we got the best of both worlds. A say in our working conditions without having to put up with a union. Sounds like a win/win.

Oh my god are you in for a rude awakening. Go ahead a vote away work rules and protections and I'm gonna be the first one to say bite me when a Flex pilot starts whining about how bad it's gotten over the last couple years since Kenn took over. Wow and guess what we now don't have a contract in place to work with, renogiate or anything else for that matter. Yeah your right. Kenn is going to take care of everyone and not make any changes to schedules, duty day work rules , pay if we dump the contract. I've just worked for him. Have you?

TWA 2 ASA FO – Prior to Flex, you flew the Mad Dog at TWA, then the RJ at ASA?? If so, Icahn & American gave you a raw deal.

Been called a lot of names, but never a “union stomper”. I can live with it. BTW – union stomper abbreviated is… “us”… (Jus’ sayin’…)

“We have kept your union off our property every time someone tries to have it show up and ruin a great company.”

Like it or not, the Flexjet you’re talking about is gone. Since Uncle/DAC jumped into the sandbox, the Flexjet you speak of is no longer. Because it wasn’t just the leadership that changed, it was the ownership of the company.

“Flexjet is not perfect, but 1108 has a pretty solid track record of making things worse, not better.”

Ambiguities & perceptions & hearsay aside, can you give us a specific example?

Regarding the “contract” you signed “when the purchase went through” -

What happens if one of the parties elects to change those rules or elects not to operate under what was written? How are the differences reconciled? Who acts on your behalf? Do you have a say on who acts on your behalf? Is the agreement enforceable by law? Did you negotiate any of the terms? Did you have any say in what was presented to you? Or was it: “Here. Sign this.” The IBT1108 contract has 30 sections & is nearly 300 pages long. How detailed is yours? Was your signature an agreement to abide by the terms or simply recognition that you’d read & received a copy of the “contract”? Did anyone from company sign it?

Now, what’s that thingy you signed again?

There already is more solidarity here. We have kept your union off our property every time someone tries to have it show up and ruin a great company.

Flexjet is not perfect, but 1108 has a pretty solid track record of making things worse, not better. If 1108 is so great, why did NJ dump you.

For my fellow Flexjet crews, please don't let a few angry pilots at FO convince you to be afraid of KR. Imagine if a few of the VERY outspoken pilots we have on Yammer were to come on here and sell their view of life at FJ. How accurate do you think their slanted and always negative/pessimistic views would be.

This is what you are getting from these FO union stompers. Next time you are on the road, talk to a few FO crews. Ask them what they think of KR.

So far 90+% of the crews I have talked to say life was great under his team. Things only got worse after he left. If you run into a FO pilot that is spewing all kinds of hatred ask him if he is in the union or not. They won't tell you this, but they have quite a few people that are not part of 1108.

So far I have only had one crew that couldn't wait to tell me how bad it was/is. We barely got the door open and they met us at the plane. 20 minutes into their tirade I had to walk away. Everything they said that was bad was really just a part of their union negotiated contract that sucked.

Remember, we singed a contract when the purchase went through. It guaranteed a lot of things. Most of them were things we already had. Some people are saying this s only valid for 1 year. I read mine again yesterday several times. No where does it say it is only valid for 1 year. In fact there are several sections that we have to vote on as a group before it can be changed.

Sounds like we got the best of both worlds. A say in our working conditions without having to put up with a union. Sounds like a win/win.

HAH!!
Troll alert!!

Are you sure you're not lying about the MD80 at TW?? Why are you not back as a recall at AA by now? There are still folks out who now reside at FedEX, etc, but Flex...no way, or did you get fired from TW because of criminal stupidity??

Judging from your post it must be the latter.

If you think whatever you signed is a contract then you must be the one and only investor in the Brooklyn Bridge.

You are lost man and don't even know it.

Troll alert!!

Really???? That contract is not worth the paper it is written on! If they violate it are you going to sue them in court? Or better yet class action lawsuit? Who is going to pay for that? They know this but you keep living the dream of "Flexjet always took care of me and they will in the future" I'll say it again this isn't Bombardier anymore. Now I will agree that Bombardier treated us very fairly and that's why the union never made it and that's fine, but this is a whole new animal!

In the animal kingdom the rule is,eat or be eaten;in the human kingdom, define or be defined you chose!

There are some folks here that constantly armchair quarterback our first contract. It is worth a helleva lot more than toilet paper which you will need plenty of after ricci has his way with you guys. I am tired of people saying well you guys agreed those pay scales so its our fault, not uncles. What you don't hear about is Ricci threatening to shut the whole operation down and start an alter ego operation if we don't accept his ********************ty terms. Were the mistakes made on our part? Hell yes there were, its time to get over it and focus on the future. Phil, we have all lost money. Quit pissin and moaning about it. Live within your means. You are destroying our unity. 2015 when the contract is up we better be looking at netjets payscale or higher. If that is not attainable, shut the whole operation down and let uncle go try his hand at a new operation. And then how long will it be there before those pilots become disgruntled from all the abuse. Those are the only two options I see for floptions

I see most of the Flexjet pilots here discussing or arguing from the position that Flexjet is still the same company as before. Being a Flexjet pilot I am coming to the realization that the old Flexjet doesn't exist anymore and the old Flight Options doesn't exist anymore. Terms like "our planes" or "our owners" or "our flying" doesn't mean the same thing. It is "One Sky" (for lack of a better term now) flying, owners and planes now. How ever we come together as a pilot group, we will be a single group eventually. There will only be One Sky pilots, management, HR, etc ..... The Flexjet and Flight options brands will still exist, but that is all they will be, a brand. One group of pilots, management, sales force, etc. will be behind those names, and that is all they will be is names. The Flexjet and Flight Options culture we have had in the past will slowly go away and become some combination of the two or something new entirely. Who knows what that will be.

I see most of the Flexjet pilots here discussing or arguing from the position that Flexjet is still the same company as before. Being a Flexjet pilot I am coming to the realization that the old Flexjet doesn't exist anymore and the old Flight Options doesn't exist anymore. Terms like "our planes" or "our owners" or "our flying" doesn't mean the same thing. It is "One Sky" (for lack of a better term now) flying, owners and planes now. How ever we come together as a pilot group, we will be a single group eventually. There will only be One Sky pilots, management, HR, etc ..... The Flexjet and Flight options brands will still exist, but that is all they will be, a brand. One group of pilots, management, sales force, etc. will be behind those names, and that is all they will be is names. The Flexjet and Flight Options culture we have had in the past will slowly go away and become some combination of the two or something new entirely. Who knows what that will be.

Well bravo Japhy your at least one that is starting to understand. Your assessment is correct. That's why he wants single carrier YESTERDAY!!!!!! Put us all under one roof and still have everyone think the product is specific to the brand. In Vegas they call this a magic show with smoke and mirrors!

Latest resources

Back