• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well bravo Japhy your at least one that is starting to understand. Your assessment is correct. That's why he wants single carrier YESTERDAY!!!!!! Put us all under one roof and still have everyone think the product is specific to the brand. In Vegas they call this a magic show with smoke and mirrors!

that all makes perfect sense and its why the Global's will be marked under Flexjet as its now the premium brand of DAC...

the reason I see for combining pilot groups? How about using Flexjet to get rid of the 1108?

the top 30% at Flex makes on avg about $145k......so what happens when these guys vote in favor of the 1108? Do you 1108 guys actually think the Flex guys are gonna vote union if there is the slightest inclination that their pay will be reduced in any way? Also, a lot of those same Flex guys are over 55 and in their last 5-7 yrs of flying. They are not gonna want to give up a dime today for long term contract benefits that they will never see....

Remember, we singed a contract when the purchase went through. It guaranteed a lot of things. Most of them were things we already had. Some people are saying this s only valid for 1 year. I read mine again yesterday several times. No where does it say it is only valid for 1 year. In fact there are several sections that we have to vote on as a group before it can be changed.

Sounds like we got the best of both worlds. A say in our working conditions without having to put up with a union. Sounds like a win/win.

These types of employment contracts are a form of what's called union nullification. The idea behind them is the employer goes to the employ group and says, "Hey you don't need a union, I'll give you a contract." It's a standard union avoidance tactic and it's used all the time, because lot of people are gullible enough to buy into it's false promises.

I find it interesting that you refer to things you, "already had". But let's be real, you've really never "had" anything. Because you work at-will everything you think you have can be taken away with an email to the pilot group. Case in point from your "Employee Agreement:

(a) Seniority: During the Employment Period, You will serve as an active Crewmember of the Company, with the same level of seniority as you had immediately prior the effective date of this agreement. For reference, see the attached addendum entitled ?Crew Seniority List 2013?, if another crewmember does not sign a Crewmember Employment Agreement their seniority will not be protected which may positively impact your seniority. You will have the normal duties, responsibilities and authority of the flight crews, subject to the Company right to expand or limit such duties, responsibilities and authority and to override you actions.

So first your seniority number and by inference you continued employment was threatened if you failed to sign this so-called "agreement". In the second sentence, the companies, "right to expand or limit such duties", is explained.

This "agreement" you were forced to sign is a sham. It's riddled with loopholes that favor the company, says explicitly that you remain at-will, and gives the company the right to change most of it at their discretion. Beyond that, as with any contract, without any real mechanism for enforcement it isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Last edited:
that all makes perfect sense and its why the Global's will be marked under Flexjet as its now the premium brand of DAC...

the reason I see for combining pilot groups? How about using Flexjet to get rid of the 1108?

the top 30% at Flex makes on avg about $145k......so what happens when these guys vote in favor of the 1108? Do you 1108 guys actually think the Flex guys are gonna vote union if there is the slightest inclination that their pay will be reduced in any way? Also, a lot of those same Flex guys are over 55 and in their last 5-7 yrs of flying. They are not gonna want to give up a dime today for long term contract benefits that they will never see....

A lot of misdirection here in your first post. The truth is the Flex guys would benefit from the existing CBA the day they voted in the 1108. They would no longer be at-will and subject to termination for being "disloyal", as it says in their new "agreement". Talk about intentionally vague. No union would ever agree to language like that.

As to pay. I hear KR has been overhead saying, "those Flex guys are paid too much." I wonder how long that pay will last if the threat of a union is removed?

If KR said that, and I am not doubting that he did, I wonder what he intends to drop the top Flex pay to? If he is advertising the Global captains at 145K without a schedule, I'm sure the pay he has in mind for them would have to be fairly south of that.

Here is what I do not get, from what I have been reading.

Flex pilots were forced to sign an "agreement", "contract" whatever they are calling with DAC and Uncle Kenny.

This piece of paper is full of threats of your job, your seniority, even just having to sign the paper.

And yet you guys still want to hold onto to this belief of "FlexJet has always treated us correctly"

Don't you get it, FlexJet is not FlexJet anymore. It's FlexOptions with Kenn forcing you to sign a piece of paper that is full of threats.

You flops boys don't have to worry much..everyone I've talked to since Tricky dicky made the one sky announcement is now on board with 1108. The morale meter is at about -10.

I hear KR has been overhead saying, "those Flex guys are paid too much."

You heard that he was overheard? Really?

Flexjet Rates are below NJ/industry
Flexjet rates are a tad below NBAA avg
Flexjet is profitable with current rates
Flexjet has had frozen rates for 6 years (no COLA)
Flexjet owners pay for premium service
Flexjet pilots are consistently praised by owners

You heard that he was overheard? Really?

Flexjet Rates are below NJ/industry
Flexjet rates are a tad below NBAA avg
Flexjet is profitable with current rates
Flexjet has had frozen rates for 6 years (no COLA)
Flexjet owners pay for premium service
Flexjet pilots are consistently praised by owners

One post? One...your credibility is one less than one. One post...are you jenny lee's fractional alter ego? Or some other FI tool? Go away.

Hey doh, 3200 posts since 2003? You are all over FI for some reason and must be paid with some very dark Union koolaid to do it. About time you went away and let folks speak their mind. Your credibilty wont enlighten anyone here.

Latest resources

Back