• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's unfair to expect the Flex crews to be enthusiastic about unionizing. Remember, we Options crews voted against it the first time around, and didn't get it done until we were saddled with a management team so offensive that we didn't have a choice. As much as I would like to see the Flex crews take the benefit of our experience and join us, I can't blame them for not doing it. In the same situation I would feel the same way. Unionizing is a big step, and happy crews don't take that step. Overall the Flex crews seem pretty happy. If and when DAC starts bringing the pain, perhaps we can help them organize if they decide to do so, but until then, it seems pointless to browbeat them about something that they have already decided. It's not as if anonymous posts on an internet message board have ever convinced anyone to change their minds about anything, ever, anyhow.....

Frankly, the browbeating and typical union tactics employed by our IBT supporting "bretheren" had just the opposite effect on me. Right up until I got the full force of the Sh!tfinger treatment.

"Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."

-Tony Robbins (among others)

Ricci smiles and uses his fancy double talk all the while telling everyone why they should be so grateful he's ramming it up ya with no lube.. Sh!tfinger just rammed it up ya with no lube and no warning. Outcome is the same

I believe that in time the Flex pilots will realize there is substance behind the union's claims and its comments on FlOps management. Will Flex pilots make life-altering decisions based solely upon what they read on an anonymous message board? No, absolutely not. But heed advice? Yeah, sure, to a certain extent. It'll take time, just as it did for me & initially, they won't be enthusiastic. But I'm confident they'll wade through everyone's bs (including Uncle's) & come to the same realization this former anti-union pilot came to: A contract isn't just a good thing; it's a necessary thing.

About the contract: swear about parts of it all you want, but don't dismiss it as crappy. In fact, one of the biggest indicators of the contract's success is that there are several over-looked sections that people already take for granted, having forgotten what life was like without a binding contract. Of course I think pay rates need a massive leap skyward. (Not progressive, or substantial, or competitive - ****ing massive!) Of course I have a list of changes that I want made. Who doesn't? But to say it's crappy? No, just the opposite. It's what limits management's a**holery & deflects - at least some of - their incompetence.

Last edited:
It's the WORST contract in the industry and why it was agreed to is beyond anyone's wildest dream. Why in this world would a Flex pilot ever join or even consider signing with those giving conditions. Ain't gonna happen. Them Flex boys got it made.... Overtime over 12 and triple time over 14. WOW. Only thing that is really bad is bases and where you have to live. It must be stressful if you have to commute....

rsm in case you haven't figured it out, the pilots at FO are trying to get better working conditions-not bring Flex pilots down. I agree with you, the contract is not the best, but you don't remember where the FO pilots started!

It's the WORST contract in the industry and why it was agreed to is beyond anyone's wildest dream. Why in this world would a Flex pilot ever join or even consider signing with those giving conditions. Ain't gonna happen. Them Flex boys got it made.... Overtime over 12 and triple time over 14. WOW. Only thing that is really bad is bases and where you have to live. It must be stressful if you have to commute....

True, but with one email and no more paid OT, with my Crapy contract, nothing can be taken away with an email.
Also you and most on this board conveniently forget that our contract was signed during the most intense economic downturn in our lives.
Netjets was signed during the good times.

And just think.....Bombardier just unloaded Flex to the company that treats their pilots the worst.

Have you read the contract? Yea the wages suck, but the work rules and job protections are good. It's a 300 page CBA covering a lot of ground. Fact is without a contract, you really have nothing at Flex that can't be changed with a Friday afternoon email. And what they are giving you in terms of work rules are not as good as what we have in writing.

Not tryen to be adversarial, but let's have an honest conversation about all of this.

Flex don't have anything. There company as they know it is over. Bombardier sold them down the river. They are a completely different company come December. They are at Riccis mercy. And he will do what he wants when he wants how he wants. And there is not a damn thing any flex pilot will be able to do about it. The decisions will no longer be made by flex managers. They will do what there told to do or they will be quietly disappearing one by one.

Latest resources

Back