Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gret,

First thanks for your response as well as outerfix. According to our current sitting president, VP of Ops and others within management, we are going to be operated completely separate. We have been told by the above that FLOPS will maintain their hq and us ours. So, again, we are told that we are going to maintain totally separate companies and operations.

Now for the conspiracy question, and please bear in mind, I am not trying to start anything but am more curious as to the what ifs.

What happens if KR shuts down FLOPS and moves all of its business to Flex? lets say he files Ch. 7 on FLOPS or any other way you end a business? Does that not kill the 1108? All I hear is that Flex will be pulled into the 1108, but no one talks about the reverse. Again, who knows what is going to happen, but is this not a possibility as well? Then KR can go after CS again as well correct?

Tanks guys/gals.

It would seem that they (mgmt and the union leaders) would want to clear the air ASAP to avoid the confusion - gret

The Union, yes. Mgmt, well not so much. FUD stands for Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt & remains the the universal means for mgmt's attempts at controlling the natives.

It would seem that they (mgmt and the union leaders) would want to clear the air ASAP to avoid the confusion - gret

The Union, yes. Mgmt, well not so much. FUD stands for Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt & remains the the universal means for mgmt's attempts at controlling the natives.

:) I get it...but it is hard to see how mgmt would benefit by having hundreds of pilots speculating...usually we speculate on the dark side...

Gret,

First thanks for your response as well as outerfix. According to our current sitting president, VP of Ops and others within management, we are going to be operated completely separate. We have been told by the above that FLOPS will maintain their hq and us ours. So, again, we are told that we are going to maintain totally separate companies and operations.

Now for the conspiracy question, and please bear in mind, I am not trying to start anything but am more curious as to the what ifs.

What happens if KR shuts down FLOPS and moves all of its business to Flex? lets say he files Ch. 7 on FLOPS or any other way you end a business? Does that not kill the 1108? All I hear is that Flex will be pulled into the 1108, but no one talks about the reverse. Again, who knows what is going to happen, but is this not a possibility as well? Then KR can go after CS again as well correct?

Tanks guys/gals.

Chapter 7 would also kill the business and the existing shareholders get wiped out...hard to believe sometimes, but this type of stuff rarely works as it doesn't pass the smell test and judges don't like looking like idiots.

...if the companies are not going merge any of the operations...I would bet that Flex will not be considered an air carrier and that there wouldn't be any requirements for the union stepping in...wouldn't bet much...

...bolder thoughts would include that FLOP pilots will see some additional benefits, Flex pilots would see a bit of decline and the two groups would end up with similar compensation packages after 18 to 24 months.

Gret,
...What happens if KR shuts down FLOPS and moves all of its business to Flex? ... All I hear is that Flex will be pulled into the 1108, but no one talks about the reverse...

KR could try that. There are NO limits to what he will try in his attempt to break the union, including exploiting any and all grey areas, and possibly some downright illegal ones if he thinks a settlement won't cost him too much. We are in the dark as much as you Flex pilots about his intentions, but we have the benefit of hindsight from the Flops / RTA merger. Union representation was up for a vote at RTA, then the buyout was announced and KR came in and painted this wonderful picture of the future for the RTA group, including how as Flops pilots, they would always be the highest paid pilots in the fractional industry. So the union was not voted in. Eventually, reality set in, and we all realized it was time for representation. To be fair, KR was off property by then, but the need was recognized and the drive started while he was still around. Most of the pilots today would tell you that they recognize the benefits of union representation, even though it is not the perfect cure-all. I sincerely hope you get to keep all of your pay and benefits, and I am not trying to scare you guys, but rather wake you up to the reality that you are about to face.

They have already told us that they are going to meter sales through the forth quarter, so understand, that our biggest fear is that he would try to do something similar to what you suggested. They could push all the sales to Flex, and keep downsizing Flops, before any merger takes place as a way to get the union off property, and that prospect has us very worried, because we know what this management team is capable of, without a union to keep them in check. We really are all on the same side guys, i hope you can see that.

993 pilot,

I believe you would be hard pressed to find any pilot at Flex who does not feel we are all on the same side. We are all pulling for the FLOPS pilots to be brought up to us and not the other way around. We all know that only time will tell.

993 pilot,

I believe you would be hard pressed to find any pilot at Flex who does not feel we are all on the same side. We are all pulling for the FLOPS pilots to be brought up to us and not the other way around. We all know that only time will tell.

Amen, brother! KR's game is to divide and conquer, and the sooner we all realize that and start sticking together and supporting one-another, the better. Don't believe all his rhetoric, and forecast for blue skies and rosy sunsets. Don't get me wrong, KR is a smart businessman, but the phrase, "employees are the foundation of a service company" and "We are all family" are just that... phrases... that look good on a brochure. Be skeptical of everything you hear and ask yourself whether what he says makes good business sense and rings true. Maybe I am a bit cynical, but it come with my experiences. The pilot shortage that has been predicted, but delayed for a decade now, is just around the corner. If our two pilot groups can refrain from selling each other short and letting KR play us against each other, we should all be fine. Hopefully this turns out well for us all.

993 Pilot,

What is meant by "metering sales?"

The number of aircraft online can not meet the current demand. If they take in new customers we will not be able to properly service their needs.

They need more aircraft and pilots. They thought that if they got the 19 aircraft from CS that would have solved the problem but now they are going into the busy season short of crews and aircraft.

we already "enjoy" the constant min rest and 14+ hour days...as far as all the anti-flex rants - we ahd no idea this was happenning (the sale) until the morning it was announced - not even an inkling... I haven't personally heard of one crew member at Flex who wants anything but both pilot groups to benefit from this... we have no more control of what has happened is about to happen then you do... not sure why so many FO guys are pissed at Flex crews...just saying...

Latest resources

Back