• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To add insult to injury, they blocked a deal that would have added bigger Cessna planes to the fleet that would have been a pay raise for me and many others that got bumped. I pay dues for what?

FR8, go suck a d.ouche!

They didn't block a thing, they simply refused to sign an LOA that the union lawyers knew if they signed that they would definetely get sued over in the near future and put the company in no postion to get sued by saying, looky here the union signed this loa, go after them. Uncle Kenny played it perfectly, he knew the union would never sign that letter, he knew that what he was asking and what he was planning was illegal. He knew the union wouldn't sign and he won. Uncle Kenny made it his requirement for the loa to be signed for him to do the deal. If Uncle Kenny is so sure of his legaleze and the gray areas, why didn't he do the deal and say fu union, here it is. He bought Flex without an email to the pilots, and says he is keeping them seperate. He has a plan, and he is planning to divide this union. He has got this allready half pu*@sy as@ pilot group fighting. If some of the pu*@sy pilots would get their fu*@cking head out of Ricci, Salata, Montie, Kainraid's as@, they would see that those guys will never be there for the long run, and what happens when they are gone and someone new is in charge, again. How many changes of management has there allready been. They might be your buds and they might help you out when you do something stupid like suck an engine plug and fly for 5 days without telling anyone, and then when someone outside the situation tries to do the right thing, he gets crusified. Ask a certain Phenomal pilot, mister buddies with management, well he was forced to turn in his resignation. Stop helping the company, stop 14+,10+, getting anal reamed on day 8 (because I just wanna go home), and get this value blue light pilot group to 100% solidarity.

Yes i will say it one more time! The flex jet pilots currently enjoy a higher standard of pay and work rules fought for by netjets and flight options pilots!

So should the pilots a Flex be punished for this?

Gret, Doh, Flex jet wife, anybody else at flex. Reap what you sow! Congratulations on not having paid any union dues to anyone yet. I hope you can stand back and enjoy not having to be in the frey up to this point. good luck protecting your salary into 2014. Thank you for the general promotion of fractional pilot salary..........freight!

Fr8 Dog,

I agree with a lot of what you've been saying, but lashing out at the Flex pilots is only playing into KR's hands. If he ends up being forced to merge the two companies, he will want us at each other's throats.

The only way through, what now increasingly looks like the beginning of a war, is for all of us, both Flex and FO pilots to stick together. The Flex pilots aren't the enemy.

No I do not. You are right Flex pilots are just pawns like the rest of us. All I was upset about is a different view of things and the gains you made in pay and lifestyles due to the battle we have fought for fairness. I got caught up in an argument with one of your crews in the fbo that was anti-union. It's time for the Flex pilots to roll up there sleeves and start helping all the fractional pilots to be on par with industry standard pay and work rules. I apologize for placing all the pilots there in the same category. When Kenn starts a taking you better fight back is all I am saying.

As soon as Kenn installs the optimizer program on the Flex scheduling computers there will be a wake up call for the Flex Pilots. When they start to experience the 14 hour duty days with min 10 hour rest 7 days in a row they will then finally start to understand what the Options pilots have been saying.

I am now hearing that crews are doing multiple fatigue calls at options in a tour.

We currently have "The Optimiser" in our scheduling software at Flex. We quite often work max duty/min rest scenarios for entire rotations. Not to mention that our current duty and rest requirements are poorly written and grey at best. In the past we were almost daily subject to the 0300 wake up call from scheduling. All of these things have evolved and are evolving....for the better I might add. Sometimes you get that zero dark thirty call, and often things change. That's just the nature of what we do as Fractional pilots.
It's unfortunate that one of our pilots, or an entire crew chose to be confrontational with a FLOPs crew on the road. In fact it's embarrassing. Don't lump us all into that category. In fact I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with the FLOPs crews I've met.
Perhaps it is true that we have reaped the benefits of the struggles our unionised counterparts have endured, but make no mistake that each time our pay an QOL issues have expanded, it was under the threat of a union drive. The fact that we aren't unionised doesn't imply a lack of solidarity among the pilot group. A unionised Flexjet simply hasn't been a necessity. Perhaps it someday will be, or perhaps it won't.
I for one don't know what the future holds. At present things look bright for us. I suppose it's all in how you choose to view things.
Now there are some things I'd like to know from from the Flight Options side of things. Could someone cut and paste the exact verbiage from your contract that would drive the 1108 to apply an integrated Flight Options/Flexjet crew seniority? Under what precedent would this apply? Please explain how the flying we do under a separate 135 certificate is considered a violation of the current FLOPs contract. Honestly, I'm not trying to argue or bait anyone with this. I'd really like an education and so would many of my contemporaries.
Next time you run into a Flex crew on the road please feel free to approach us. We've all got an interest in whats to come.

Could someone cut and paste the exact verbiage from your contract that would drive the 1108 to apply an integrated Flight Options/Flexjet crew seniority? Under what precedent would this apply? Please explain how the flying we do under a separate 135 certificate is considered a violation of the current FLOPs contract. Honestly, I'm not trying to argue or bait anyone with this. I'd really like an education and so would many of my contemporaries.

Here you go....

2. If Directional maintains or acquires a controlling interest in an air carrier that performs
fractional or JetPASS card holder flying of the type covered by the Flight Options/IBT
CBA, the acquired air carrier shall be consolidated utilizing the procedures for Successor
Transactions set forth in Section 1.5 of the Flight Options/IBT CBA. A ?controlling
interest? for purposes of this LOA means the ownership of an equity interest representing
more than 50 percent of the outstanding capital stock of the Entity, or voting securities
representing more than 50 percent of the total voting power of outstanding securities then
entitled to vote generally in the election of such Entity?s board of directors or other
governing body.

Here you go....

2. If Directional maintains or acquires a controlling interest in an air carrier that performs
fractional or JetPASS card holder flying of the type covered by the Flight Options/IBT
CBA, the acquired air carrier shall be consolidated utilizing the procedures for Successor

In the definitions section does it cover "air carrier"? That seems to be the question. or loophole, or whatever

In the definitions section does it cover "air carrier"? That seems to be the question. or loophole, or whatever

Bingo...Flex Jet isn't an "air carrier" using the customary definition...Jet Solutions is and the owner of this entity going forward will matter.

Latest resources

Back