• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But...I thought we where two different companies? Please tell me you guys can see how KR is playing this game....please. The Flex guys where doing their jobs as the pro's they are. With out a CBA or stewards to fall back on for support the only thing to do is fly your trips....you have no protection. I know that no FLOPS pilots hold any ill will toward you guys.

GoozseHZ,

We see it. We see what is happening. We are definitely not blind. We are also watching to see what is happening. The big issue you guys face, IMO, is that when I/we talk to FLOPS pilots on the road, there are two camps. The union and non-union guys. The ones I have talked to, the non-union guys are happy and a majority of the union guys are really bitter. Now, again IMO, why would I want to join a union and be bitter? I fully understand the whole idea of true representation and having everything black and white, but when this job is no longer fun to be at, I don't want to be here.

On the second part of "no FLOPS pilots hold any ill will toward you guys," I beg to differ. There is plenty on this board where we are being blamed for this as well as the possibility of us causing a potential ouster of the 1108. What those that do blame us seem to not realize is that we, Flexjet, did not ask for this. Also, and this is not meant as an attack or call out, but when we see things posted like that from Shanes, it really makes us wonder. You guys may all be right in that we may lose a bunch, but then again, why would KR jack with us? Why would he want to do things that would force us to join a union when he hates them so much?

Personally, I want this thing to succeed for ALL of us. I can see where this can actually be a win/win for both of our companies. I hope that when/if we do get merged, we all come out of if with better pay, benefits and we are ALL employed and make this on of the best mergers in history. Sound cheesy? Sure, but it is truly what I am hoping for and I hope we are all on the same page.

Are you serious, really?

I think you may have missed my point. And if you could reference that section in the contract that limits sell-off, I'd gladly retract my argument.

Last edited:
I think you are missing several points. First, the pilots are the union. Like it or not, you are going to be one pilot group so you better all get on one sheet of music fast. Whether you are union or non union, some group is going to represent everyone's interests in bargaining. Do you want that group to be organized and equipped to counter attack or do you want that group to be led by attacker? That's the only question you really need to answer and depends on if you are even being attacked. A decision is also in managements hands to either lead or push . The overhanging issue is that you are always one transaction away from a different management team, so choose wisely. I personally would not leave myself vulnerable to future threats even though I do believe this transaction is good for both pilot groups and the industry. But... What if Signature were to buy DAC? Now who's your daddy?

Last edited:
I have worked at a company that had a union and now work at Flex. I payed my dues every month and in 6 years of working we got a new contract just to roll it back. I got sick of the union cool aid, the union is a money making enterprise that use scare and blackmail tactics. When I had complaints about the company they were quick to say they will do something and then nothing happen. I was able to get more done on my own almost $10K in dues and I have nothing to show for it!

I have experienced similar frustrations but consider the alternative... Accept a free conference room for a few pilot volunteers to negotiate your contract while the company provides lunch vs. an organization backed with your cash to act on your behalf. The system is far from perfect. That's worth repeating. The system is far from perfect.

By the way, if you've paid 10k in dues, you've earned and kept more money than most in this industry. Congratulations.

CL

Shane dose not work at FLOPS anymore.
Bitter and unhappy.....no I would say concerned and informed on current situations. You make some great points in your post. I to hope that it works out and we all come together as one voice for the pilots to help KR achieve his dream of a safe and professional, profitable(for all) organization.

CL

Shane dose not work at FLOPS anymore.
Bitter and unhappy.....no I would say concerned and informed on current situations. You make some great points in your post. I to hope that it works out and we all come together as one voice for the pilots to help KR achieve his dream of a safe and professional, profitable(for all) organization.

Agreed. :beer:

Bluenose: “You might think that, but it seems 1108 neglected that small point in negotiating the last contract.” & “How about (c) the leaders should have thought of that basic point and negotiated it.”

In 2009/10, did you point this out to the negotiators?

Flex Pilots, please understand that the vast majority of the the Options pilots hold no ill will towards any of you, nor do we hold any of you responsible for DAC's actions. Yes, we have a few "village idiots", both past and present, but talk to us out on the road, and you will see that most of us are reasonable, and we also want this to succeed for all. Hopefully, by now, you can all see how KR is attempting to play the pilot groups against one another. While Flex may be receiving the better deal right now, you can bet that this is largely due to the fact that he doesn't want to upset you, and is hoping that you will eventually vote to get rid of the union. If there is no threat of a union, that will all quickly change. While the union is not perfect, it is far better than working without a contract. The biggest thing that you need to be asking the Options pilots you see is "What was it like to work for KR before you had a contract". Then ask yourself if that sounds like a place you want to work.

993_Pilot, I'm going by Wikipedia, so it may not be accurate, but they say Ricci left in 2003, IBT 1108 was certified in 2006, and Ricci came back in 2008. Is that correct? If so, then we are talking about what it was like to work for him from 1998-2003. So we need to hear from the senior folk about 1998-2003.

Latest resources

Back