• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
993_Pilot, I'm going by Wikipedia, so it may not be accurate, but they say Ricci left in 2003, IBT 1108 was certified in 2006, and Ricci came back in 2008. Is that correct? If so, then we are talking about what it was like to work for him from 1998-2003. So we need to hear from the senior folk about 1998-2003.

My experience from 1999 included floating duty day, being questioned everytime you wrote up a problem with the aircraft, being intimidated if you even though of calling fatigued, being invited to come to CGF and chat about being a team player when it came to accepting aircraft with mx problems. ( the other pilots thought it was OK why are you causing a problem? )

Sure we are not paid an industry standard wage but, what I receive in knowing I can operate a safe aircraft according to the rules without being pushed or intimidated reduced the stress in my life which improved my overall health.

I am a much :) person now. Even with my low pay.

Bluenose: ?You might think that, but it seems 1108 neglected that small point in negotiating the last contract.? & ?How about (c) the leaders should have thought of that basic point and negotiated it.?

In 2009/10, did you point this out to the negotiators?

I'm sorry, you're right - it's my fault, because what was being negotiated at the table was all available to me in real time, and the union members were paying my salary so I could concentrate full-time on those issues instead of fly airplanes. Oh wait, that was the negotiating committee, not me.

Last edited:
Lets all not forget the Blacklist (that was proven to exist) of pilots from RTA to Ricci, and they were fired due to that list.

993_Pilot, I'm going by Wikipedia, so it may not be accurate, but they say Ricci left in 2003, IBT 1108 was certified in 2006, and Ricci came back in 2008. Is that correct? If so, then we are talking about what it was like to work for him from 1998-2003. So we need to hear from the senior folk about 1998-2003.

I think your dates are correct. But I also think it's worth pointing out that our most junior active pilot was hired in 2000. So every one of us is senior enough to have experienced it.

The dates sound about right, and like Praetorian said, everyone still working at Options has lived through it.

One caveat: A few of our people still don't get that the pilots ARE the union. In my experience, the vast majority of people who bitch about the union are the same lazy bastards who don't understand how anything works because they won't bother to help out, and/or tend to think about everything from a selfish and myopic point of view. So if you happen to encounter one of the anti-union folk, ask them how they have volunteered to help the union or pilot group. Heck, ask them if they have done anything other than sit around and bitch. Then ask them why.

If you are good at politics, enjoy having a brown nose, and have a "ME, ME, ME" attitude, a union isn't for you. You see, a union isn't about getting the best deal for a particular individual, a union is about getting the best deal for the collective group.

I'm sorry, you're right - it's my fault, because what was being negotiated at the table was all available to me in real time, and the union members were paying my salary so I could concentrate full-time on those issues instead of fly airplanes. Oh wait, that was the negotiating committee, not me.

I think you are (deliberately?) missing his point. Since the pilots are the union, you are welcome to suggest what needs to be negotiated. If they missed, or lacked the negotiating capital to include an item, you could have suggested it. No agreement is perfect, including the agreement management unilaterally implements.

I think you are (deliberately?) missing his point. Since the pilots are the union, you are welcome to suggest what needs to be negotiated. If they missed, or lacked the negotiating capital to include an item, you could have suggested it. No agreement is perfect, including the agreement management unilaterally implements.

I get his point, and yours, just don't agree. My point is simply that those entrusted with (and paid for) leadership positions should be accountable for their performance. What do you think the odds are that the same group of IBT negotiators will be at the table next time around? Seems accountability is as popular with 1108's leaders as it is with the company's.

And now the emphasis seems to be on pushing Flex pilots into unionizing to protect themselves when the lists merge. I don't believe the lists will ever be merged, because KR will keep the companies separate, building Flex and letting the Options pilot group continue to wither. What is 1108 doing to help their current members? When Options has 200 pilots and 45 planes left, and all the rest is flown by Flexjet pilots as 'brand partners,' maybe you'll see it. And this scope clause is what lets it happen. I only hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
If you don't think the lists will be merged, and right soon for that matter, then you're not paying attention. They're not even bothering with the pretense of separate companies anymore.

If you don't think the lists will be merged, and right soon for that matter, then you're not paying attention. They're not even bothering with the pretense of separate companies anymore.

There are a number of barriers to merging the lists, the requirement to deal with a union that KR loathes not least among them. There are almost no barriers to effectively combining the operations by selling charter between them, while only keeping the pretense of separate companies. Using one of his other companies to cannibilize business (and cash flow) from Options is nothing new for him, even to the point of transferring a large part of the employment over - he's already done it to FO's maintenance dept with Constant Aviation.

That's the model I see playing out. DAC has investment partners in Options. Transferring a dollar from Options to a wholly-owned 'partner' is like taking 60 cents out of your left pocket (along w/ 40 c of your partners' money), and putting a buck in your right. And for Kenn, sticking it to the union is whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Last edited:
I get his point, and yours, just don't agree. My point is simply that those entrusted with (and paid for) leadership positions should be accountable for their performance. What do you think the odds are that the same group of IBT negotiators will be at the table next time around? Seems accountability is as popular with 1108's leaders as it is with the company's.

And now the emphasis seems to be on pushing Flex pilots into unionizing to protect themselves when the lists merge. I don't believe the lists will ever be merged, because KR will keep the companies separate, building Flex and letting the Options pilot group continue to wither. What is 1108 doing to help their current members? When Options has 200 pilots and 45 planes left, and all the rest is flown by Flexjet pilots as 'brand partners,' maybe you'll see it. And this scope clause is what lets it happen. I only hope I'm wrong.

Kind of like those responsible for the financial crisis should be held accountable? Oh wait, no, those were management types. No need to hold them accountable. Just demand a higher standard from the guys who try and hold management accountable. If management Fs up, bail 'em out...:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back