• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Contract question: if the Globals are on FLOPS certificate, does your contract require they be crewed by FLOPS seniority list pilots?

And do you really not see that we have incentivized the rewards while socializing the risk? Has that pay back with interest resulted in a lower debt or deficit for the taxpayer?

No, It most certainly did not result in a lower debt or deficit, because our government can't stop spending. The 800 Billion dollar emergency bank bail out added to the debt, but it's funny how when that money came back with interest, the debt somehow did not go back down.:mad: These clowns in Washington spend money like drunken sailors in a whore house. I suppose that's the bank's fault too? Maybe it went to pay for the extended unemployment benefits which I think was appropriate even though you don't acknowledge was help for the little guy.

I'm not at all in support of government supporting private industry. This was a unique situation, and it did as much good for America as it did for the banks. You and I disagree a little on the cause of the problem. You seem to think it was entirely the big bad bankers. They certainly played their part, but I think the pandering politicians, hamstrung regulators, greedy GSE's, unqualified and or dishonest consumers, and most of all, the real estate speculators who drove home prices out of site thereby creating a massive bubble, all equally share the blame. The banks promised to give people money, and they held up their end of the bargain. When the bubble popped, those who didn't live up to their end of the bargain either because they couldn't or often simply because they chose not to, do not deserve the free pass you are determined to give them.

No, It most certainly did not result in a lower debt or deficit, because our government can't stop spending. The 800 Billion dollar emergency bank bail out added to the debt, but it's funny how when that money came back with interest, the debt somehow did not go back down.:mad: These clowns in Washington spend money like drunken sailors in a whore house.

I think you should apologize. Comparing them to congress was an insult to drunken sailors everywhere.

Reread what I wrote. Government and the banks are to blame, in equal measure.

Now back to my question about the contract. Enough thread hijack.

Now back to my question about the contract. Enough thread hijack.

It depends on how the relationship is set up. When that is clear then we will know.

FYI: the union already gave the go ahead for options pilots to apply for the Global positions as long as the Company approves their LOA request. They will then have the ability to come back and keep their senority number if they want to.
From what I hear not too many are interested in the positions.

FYI: the union already gave the go ahead for options pilots to apply for the Global positions as long as the Company approves their LOA request. They will then have the ability to come back and keep their senority number if they want to.

From what I hear not too many are interested in the positions.

The contract specifically limits a "personal leave of absence" to 12 months (Sec 16.2). Seat lock for the International Partner program is 24 months. It also states in Sec 16.1(j) that the pilot may not engage in any business or employment as a pilot, or any other business that directly competes with the company.

I see no conflicts here. Carry on.

Predictions for Feb 11th meeting. I sincerely hope uncle Kenny has a good rebuttal for the lack of 401k match. Phenoms going to Flex, Ops moving to Dallas. Midsize cabin emaciated. 30+ flops pilots retired in last 2 years with no recalls. Stacking the deck for a decert vote? Just my humble opinion but I would say so. For all you flex folks just getting to know Kenn, he will jeopardize whats left of flops and flex just to get rid of this union! Mark my words.

Latest resources

Back