• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kind of like those responsible for the financial crisis should be held accountable? Oh wait, no, those were management types. No need to hold them accountable. Just demand a higher standard from the guys who try and hold management accountable. If management Fs up, bail 'em out...:rolleyes:

I, for one, would have cheered to see Lloyd Blankfein, Hank Greenberg, Angelo Mozilo and their cronies doing the perp walk, and let wall street crash and recover all on its own. But because they didn't, because their corrupt political buddies on both sides saved them, everyone in leadership everywhere should be able to claim a pass? That's your parable? Didn't your mother ever tell you that two wrongs don't make a right?

Last edited:
If you don't think the lists will be merged, and right soon for that matter, then you're not paying attention. They're not even bothering with the pretense of separate companies anymore.

Right you are. I think the terms of the Global operation are just the first of the 'good things coming'.

Yeah. Corporate Wings operated, under Flops' certificate, with any ol' DAC pilot, and branded as Flexjet. Good things indeed

Kind of like those responsible for the financial crisis should be held accountable? Oh wait, no, those were management types. No need to hold them accountable. Just demand a higher standard from the guys who try and hold management accountable. If management Fs up, bail 'em out...:rolleyes:

I'm so tired of hearing that B.S. line. Yes, Banks exploited the rules put in place by government. What else would you expect them to do? Did they sometimes step over the line? Without question. But, they are certainly not wholly responsible for the financial crisis. When Bill Clinton made home ownership for all Americans a priority at his State of the Union address the die was cast. You want to hold the bank presidents responsible, but you don't feel the actual individuals who who bought homes they clearly could not afford and ultimately defaulted on should share in the blame at all right? If you're going to be pissed because banks failed to do proper due diligence, how come you place no blame at all on those who signed their name and blatantly lied? News flash, banks never would have gotten into the kind of subprime lending that let to the crash if were not for the government mandate to put low income buyers into homes they had no hope of affording. There was no MBS market before then, and no bank would have considered that type of "risky lending" had the government not pushed for it while guaranteeing the loans through Fannie and Freddie. Were corners cut? Yes. Did EVERYONE including the GSE's and bank regulators know about it? You bet your ass they did. Everyone knew they could flat out lie on a Stated Income loan for the low price of 1/2 of a percent added to the rate. School teachers and just about every other average citizen new about it. Do you really think the regulators and GSE's had no idea what was going on? Stop listening to the propaganda and think for a minute.

Without question the banks were culpable. So were the GSE's, regulators, politicians and wait for it.. consumers. My question to you is why you don't feel the folks that actually lied about their income and signed their name to mortgages they could not possibly afford bear no responsibility whatsoever?

Yeah man. It was all those bastard management types. It's a conspiracy, and I had no idea what was going on. Don't blame me, I'm too stupid to know I wasn't supposed to make schit up on my mortgage application. Besides, they let me get away with it, so it's all their fault.

Rant over... Please continue with the Pro/Con union snoozefest.

Last edited:
i'm so tired of hearing that b.s. Line. Yes, banks exploited the rules put in place by government. What else would you expect them to do? Did they sometimes step over the line? Without question. But, they are certainly not wholly responsible for the financial crisis. When bill clinton made home ownership for all americans a priority at his state of the union address the die was cast. You want to hold the bank presidents responsible, but you don't feel the actual individuals who who bought homes they clearly could not afford and ultimately defaulted on should share in the blame at all right? If you're going to be pissed because banks failed to do proper due diligence, how come you place no blame at all on those who signed their name and blatantly lied? News flash, banks never would have gotten into the kind of subprime lending that let to the crash if were not for the government mandate to put low income buyers into homes they had no hope of affording. There was no mbs market before then, and no bank would have considered that type of "risky lending" had the government not pushed for it while guaranteeing the loans through fannie and freddie. Were corners cut? Yes. Did everyone including the gse's and bank regulators know about it? You bet your ass they did. Everyone knew they could flat out lie on a stated income loan for the low price of 1/2 of a percent added to the rate. School teachers and just about every other average citizen new about it. Do you really think the regulators and gse's had no idea what was going on? Stop listening to the propaganda and think for a minute.

Without question the banks were culpable. So were the gse's, regulators, politicians and wait for it.. Consumers. My question to you is why you don't feel the folks that actually lied about their income and signed their name to mortgages they could not possibly afford bear no responsibility whatsoever?

Yeah man. It was all those bastard management types. It's a conspiracy, and i had no idea what was going on. Don't blame me, i'm too stupid to know i wasn't supposed to make schit up on my mortgage application. Besides, they let me get away with it, so it's all their fault.

Rant over... Please continue with the pro/con union snoozefest.

x 2...

And the people who signed up for those loans were foreclosed on. And the politicians and financial institutions, collectively referred to as management by me, got taxpayer money. Management is not composed solely of business people. The United States has incentivized the rewards and socialized the risk. This will never turn out well. Now back on topic. The lines between the companies are being blurred to the point of erasure. Corporate Wings, on the FLOPS certificate and sold by Flex indeed.

And the people who signed up for those loans were foreclosed on. And the politicians and financial institutions, collectively referred to as management by me, got taxpayer money. Management is not composed solely of business people. The United States has incentivized the rewards and socialized the risk. This will never turn out well.

The banks were actually given loans which were repaid with interest within a few months. Every single penny has been repaid plus interest. Would the homeowners that were foreclosed on have been in a position to repay bail out loans? They didn't have the cash flow to pay the loans they already had. Any new loans would have just buried them further and been more money written off. TARP was not a government give away. Do you really not see the difference?

And do you really not see that we have incentivized the rewards while socializing the risk? Has that pay back with interest resulted in a lower debt or deficit for the taxpayer?

Latest resources

Back