FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Missing Information

OK, sorry to keep putting out the long string but I think this is as good as it gets with regards to current information. Bottom line is that calls went out for the 30 Oct class through the 20/21 Mar interview group. I know there has not been a 20/21 Mar group on here so far but the confusion arose over cjj's report of a 19/20 Mar group and my reservist telling me that was his date. Turns out he prepped on 19 and interviewed 20/21. Talking to him, he said there were 9 in his interview group with 3 being pulled for the widebody leaving 6 in the pool. All of them got calls last week. Since no one has chimed in with 19/20 Mar info and FEDEX has been pulling FIFO for 727 training....the assumption has to be that all of the suspected 9 were called. This helps to explain why the list didn't appear to move much with the last set of calls. Based on this data, it looks like the 29/30 Mar and early April groups can move to the shallow end of the pool and some of us can quit treading water and stand up now. I've updated the numbers below. Thanks to cjj for the info and clearing up some of the mystery!! Purple reflects people who have been called and red is new information.
Geauxfly

The overall impact of the gibberish above is this -- 76 confirmed with 10 unconfirmed and rumors of 3 classes left before Christmas. Class size for the 30 Oct group was said to be 22 with a mix of FO/SO slots.

February
28 Feb - 10 (from a reservist who got called)

March

1/2 – 9 (3) = 6 (jets96)
7/8 - 10 (2) = 8 (Bullschwantz)
14/15 – 11? (2) = 9 (Phaedrus) Looks like all up to here called for 23 Oct
15/16 – 5 (1) = 10 (Don’tBHate’n)
19/20 - 10 (1) = 9 cjj
20/21 - 9 (3) = 6** (based on conversation with a reservist)

29-30 – 10 (1) = 9 (wmss and cjj)
Mar poolies remaining- 9 confirmed

April

5/6 - 5 (1) = 4 (Gummo)
11/12 - 5 (2) = 3 (DiamondZ)
12/13 – 2 confirmed; possibly 3 more (FlyFedEx)
18/19 - 11 (4) = 7 (SilentBob) and Irish
19/20 - 3 added from APF
25/26 - 10 (0) = 10 PoolIsCool
26/27 - 5 (0) = 5 (Balut)
Apr poolies - 34 confirmed, 3 unconfirmed

May

2/3 – 5 (0) = 5 (Hagar17)
16/17 - 5 (0) = 5 (geauxfly)
18/19 - 5 (0) = 4 (other one unknown -- missed the inputter)
24/25 - 4 (0) = 4 (airfish)
30/31 - 6 (0) = 5 with 1 unconfirmed (wannabrich)
May poolies - 23 with 1 unconfirmed

June

13/14 - 4 (0) = 4 (jdriver)
June poolies - 4

September

5/6 - 6 (leadsolo)
11/12 - 6 (leadsolo)
Sep Poolies - 6 confirmed, 6 unconfirmed

GeauxFly:

Looks like we may be in the same class together. First round's on me.

Hag
(my bride is a LSU grad, I root for the Bayou Bengals for my health)

Hagar....thanks, a cold one sounds good right now. Beer, the breakfast of champions! Grew up with the Tigers so I'm brainwashed completely. Where and when did you do the T-1 thing?
Geauxfly

Talked to a friend thats a 727 Flex instructor today. He seemed to think that the next November class date is Nov 13 as opposed to Nov 27. He hadn't been over to the Gucci Building in awhile, but was going to check into it and get the full scoop.

Talked to a friend thats a 727 Flex instructor today. He seemed to think that the next November class date is Nov 13 as opposed to Nov 27. He hadn't been over to the Gucci Building in awhile, but was going to check into it and get the full scoop.

Hopefully one of the Oct 16 guys will confirm the Nov start date with approx numbers for their fellow poolies.

Whizzed again yesterday. Got called to update on Thursday and told I needed to do this so they could call me for class. I asked when that might be. She said real soon. Hopefully her definition of soon is as soon as my definition of soon.

Whizzed again yesterday. Got called to update on Thursday and told I needed to do this so they could call me for class. I asked when that might be. She said real soon. Hopefully her definition of soon is as soon as my definition of soon.

SB,
When did you interview?? A buddy interviewed on the 10/11 of April and hasn't received the wiz call yet(3rd one). I think he said he was still good til mid November though.

thx, LOA

Latest resources

Back