FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phaedrus said:
Started today. Class make-up: 17 total; 12 USAF, 3 USN, 2 USMC.
And people were saying Fedex hires civilian guys...

I'm beginning to think that there will not be a class the first week of Sep. Nobody seems to have gotten a call either today or yesterday. Maybe Labor Day pushed the next class to the 11th. Any thoughts.........

FM

FeelinMinnesota said:
I'm beginning to think that there will not be a class the first week of Sep. Nobody seems to have gotten a call either today or yesterday. Maybe Labor Day pushed the next class to the 11th. Any thoughts.........

FM
With a new hire class yesterday and today, I am thinking that the pilot recruitment people might be busy with work associated with the processing of 2 new hire classes in two days.

There is still plenty of time for calls to come out in the next few days for a class somewhere around the Labor Day time frame.

Hope the next round of calls from MEM begin soon.

Talon737 said:
With a new hire class yesterday and today, I am thinking that the pilot recruitment people might be busy with work associated with the processing of 2 new hire classes in two days.

Good point, you could be right. They are probably pretty busy. Maybe the phones will start ringing again tomorrow.

FM

Some of those guys hired in the last 2 classes had 121 time at other airlines...this was a group hired to potentially go straight to right seat of wide body. The classes with a higher number of regional guys will be showing up in the coming weeks. There may be some exceptions, but I don't think there will be a LOT of RJ direct to MD11 guys. Although I can think of some exceptions (Cujo!) most of the guys going to the MD11 VFR direct have some big jet or major airline stink on them. Several of those guys hired from C130 units actually flew for DAL or AAL then went back full time on orders after 9/11. Again--the "pure civilian" types will be rolling into the F/O and S/O 727 slots in larger numbers.

FeelinMinnesota said:

FM

I started on Labor Day of last year.

WOT

Just got the call!!!! I start Sept. 11!!!!!! She did not say how many, but she did say it was all MEM FEs.

I interviewed Jan 25/26.

:beer:

See ya in MEM!!

Latest resources

Back