FedEx Poolie Calls, Fourth Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DLax85,

My buddy's phones are working, five bars on the cell....voicemail is fully operational. Anyone else waiting that interviewed 11/12 Jan?

Last edited:
Malter1 said:
Wow! Only two in the pool from 2/3 Feb. Were there two groups that day?
I believe that there was only one group that did the sim on Feb 2 and interview on Feb 3.

We had five show up for the sim and all five passed.

Of the five only 2 got the pool letters and both are still swimming with the phones nearby.

Ninerfan,
How about having him call HR and explain that he may be having phone trouble, and would like to give a third number to contact, just in case? That way, HR may say, "We've been trying to reach you....yadda, yadda, yadda"

Ninerfan said:
My buddy's phones are working, five bars on the cell....voicemail is fully operational. Anyone else waiting that interviewed 11/12 Jan?

Niner: Your buddy should have his sponsor make a call if he is pretty sure that he has been bypassed. I think it is unlikely, but it is possible. Also, while they may use a FIFO system, they do tweak it sometimes due to various reasons (even when only hiring into the back seat of the 72), so there is certainly a chance that a poolie could get passed by a class or two.

KD called me a couple of years ago asking how she could get in touch with a guy I sponsored because she couldn't get ahold of him. Turns out he and his family had evacuated the gulf coast due to a hurricane and hadn't been home in a while. I happened to have his new cell phone number and was able to get ahold of him. They are pretty dilligent about contacting folks in the pool.

I probably wouldn't call KD if I was in the pool, but I don't think it would hurt for the sponsor to call to see where their candidate stands in the process.

If it were me though, I would continue to update my online profile and make sure I had current contact numbers in there rather than calling KD directly. That is just me.

FJ

Congrats Twiceskunkeddog, hope to see you there soon.

ninerfan, glad to hear your friend got the call today (I think we're all glad to hear that)!

Thanks fellas!!

Thanks for all the congrats! Looks like we have about half of the 18/19 guys accounted for with calls for class. Anyone have any intel on the other half?

See you in MEM soon for our ginormous Boeing class!!

TSD

:beer:

Congrats!

Congrats TSD! It's good to see you Jan guys drying off. Now let's get some towels ready for the Feb bunch so us Mar swimmers can work our way to the shallow end!

At least we can get the chlorine concentration in the pool back to normal now that NavyFlyer has climbed out. My eyes were starting to burn. ;)

Congrats to all, hope to see you guys in Memphis real soon.

BH

To everyone going to the Aug 28th class,

Congrats and ..............I'll SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 10/11 Interview
Splashed in 7 weeks later
Received my towel on 08/07/06 at 1125 MDT

Latest resources

Back